Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, we don't know for sure that it's Will that he was referring to in that interview. We just know Will was seen during Metal.
    That and the fact that y'know.... he actually refers to him as Will in the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    He’s powered by a star (also known as a sun), has super strength, can fly, and shoots energy blasts, and has limited shape shifting ability.
    He's not powered by a star. He has the power of a star. There's a difference. He doesn't absorb solar energy. He emits solar energy.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 08-28-2018 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    That and the fact that y'know.... he actually refers to him as Will in the interview.
    In the interview we got
    “Batman was amazing, and it was the ride of my life. Metal was insane. But now I have a good, long run where I have a two-year plan on Justice League up to about issue 45 or 50 where it all breaks loose and goes crazy,” he explained while rattling off a number of pieces soon to come in play. “But having all these pieces from Adam Strange to Firestorm to Hawkgirl and Swamp Thing. And Will… Starman comes into it soon. All this crazy stuff comes in. We find the Martian keeper of secrets.”
    And then he apparently refused to confirm if he indeed meant Will Payton.
    With the mention of Starman, CBR pressed Snyder on whether his turn of phrase meant Will Payton – the space-faring Starman of the ’80s – would appear in his run. The writer kept things a little more close to the vest.
    “I don’t want to give away too much, because there are plans for different versions of Starman in different places,” he replied. “The JSA stuff is going to be going on with Ted Knight in some ways, and I don’t want to give too much away. I will just say that in Justice League #7, you will start to see that story begin to unfold, and he becomes a player along with Starro again. Starro – they find a tiny piece of him in a jar, and they always insult him by calling him Jarro.”
    So who knows who may show up where/when.
    While it could very well be Will Payton, who knows what Snyder will do.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    In the interview we got
    We got him saying Will. Unless there's another Starman named Will , we do know what Snyder will do, unless plans change.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    We got him saying Will. Unless there's another Starman named Will , we do know what Snyder will do, unless plans change.
    "Will" is not just a person's name, though.
    And it could be that another writer may be using the Will Payton Starman in a different comic book.

I'm not saying it isn't going to be him, only that it may turn out not to be the one Snyder brings back.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    After how Will was handled in the Jack Knight Starman series it would be kind hard to bring him back unless they just ignored everything. I mean at the end of the Stars My Destination story Will Payton does not exist anymore basically and was always just Prince Gavyen. I suppose they could work it out where they split Gavyen/Will into two characters again and have a good story about Will coming back to Earth after being gone for years which could be interesting if done right.
    Since this is a nuDCU they could completely re-write that part and make Will and Gavyen 2 separate entities like they were before the SMD storyline.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks really cool
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Not bad. Hope to get some casting news soon.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I am so hyped for this show!!!!!! Can’t wait! Courtney is one of my favorite DC characters and rumors are more JSA members will be involved? I sure hope so because Legends of Tomorrow was a very poor interpretation.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

New interview with Tynion about Wll and the League. https://www.cbr.com/starman-justice-...-iv-interview/

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Yay, I love me some Will Payton. Pretty sure Will was confirmed already but whatever. His costume still looks good, he doesn't even need a new one. Not psyched about the white hair but still looks cool.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I hope Tynion knows that Will Payton died the moment that he was struck by the beam. At which point Prince Gavyn's essence took possession of Will's body.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I hope Tynion knows that Will Payton died the moment that he was struck by the beam. At which point Prince Gavyn's essence took possession of Will's body.
    They don't appear to be keeping that in continuity. I'm glad.

goldenknight2018

everyone knows why dc kills off Will Payton only four years after his first appearance? I love to read comics about will Payton. yet, I still don't understand why dc did that for what reason? just like that. Bam!! and his gone. glad he back after 30 years.