Will Payton

---------------

David Knight

-------------------

Jack Knight

Incredible Member

Will's my favorite followed by Jack.

a few more:

Thom Kallor/Danny Blaine (originally Star Boy from the Legion of Super-Heroes)

---------------

Farris Knight (from the 853rd century)

-------------------

Courtney Whitmore

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Courtney is awesome!

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Courtney is one of my favorite characters in DC. I never read anything about any other people with the Star name, but you can really feel the love that Geoff Johns put into creating Stargirl. He based her off of his sister and you can really tell that he loves this character. Justice Society made many of my favorite characters, but out of every member of the JSA Courtney comes out on top.

Any reading advices? (jack or courtney, both are fine)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Any reading advices? (jack or courtney, both are fine)
    For Jack: Starman. ALL of it.

For Courtney: Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E (Courtney's original "solo" book), JSA, and the follow up to that, Justice Society of America.

Thanks!!

10whatever

BANNED

250px-Starmen.jpg

I need this as a poster or something.

Will Payton for the win! Since we saw him in metal can anyone spoil why his pic was there?

Will Payton. If only your original creators hadn't left you in the hands of sub-par successors, and in general the hands of a company that was indifferent to your existence and potential, and therefore future creators who treated you as disposable, uninteresting cannon fodder. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Will Payton for the win! Since we saw him in metal can anyone spoil why his pic was there?
    May just be an "Easter egg" that doesn't mean anything in the long run, or it could be foreshadowing a future eventual return. I don't know if anything further has been hinted about that yet.

I'll be surprised if we get anything about any Starman until the JSA history (and Ted's to be more precise) is established.

Love me some Star people! Especially the Knights. Those guys are like the Kennedy's of the DCU. Ted and his cousin....Saundra (??) were Golden Age heroes, both of Ted's kids were heroes, and of course Ted invented technology that'll eventually revolutionize the world's power supply. Saundra ended up as the head mistress of a female-only spy school where her daughter (grand daughter?) was another Phantom Lady.....there's connections through marriage and legacy to a few other heroes, one of the Knights was President of the United States (until being replaced by an evil robot)......its quite the legacy.

But my all time favorite is Jack. Robinson's Starman is a masterpiece. Easily one of the best comics ever written.

I think the future of the Stars lies in Courtney though. She seems like she's got the most potential to become a lasting force in DC and break into the big leagues. I'm surprised we haven't had a solo title for her yet (since her original debut). With Johns holding such a lofty position at DC now, I'd have assumed he'd be campaigning hard for Courtney. I thought for certain she'd get a solo title during the DCYOU days when everyone was trying to copy the success of Batgirl of Burnside and Harley Quinn.

Hopefully when the JSA return, Courtney can get another shot. I'd very much like to see her grow beyond the JSA supporting player she's been.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'll be surprised if we get anything about any Starman until the JSA history (and Ted's to be more precise) is established.

Love me some Star people! Especially the Knights. Those guys are like the Kennedy's of the DCU. Ted and his cousin....Saundra (??) were Golden Age heroes, both of Ted's kids were heroes, and of course Ted invented technology that'll eventually revolutionize the world's power supply. Saundra ended up as the head mistress of a female-only spy school where her daughter (grand daughter?) was another Phantom Lady.....there's connections through marriage and legacy to a few other heroes, one of the Knights was President of the United States (until being replaced by an evil robot)......its quite the legacy.

But my all time favorite is Jack. Robinson's Starman is a masterpiece. Easily one of the best comics ever written.

I think the future of the Stars lies in Courtney though. She seems like she's got the most potential to become a lasting force in DC and break into the big leagues. I'm surprised we haven't had a solo title for her yet (since her original debut). With Johns holding such a lofty position at DC now, I'd have assumed he'd be campaigning hard for Courtney. I thought for certain she'd get a solo title during the DCYOU days when everyone was trying to copy the success of Batgirl of Burnside and Harley Quinn.

Hopefully when the JSA return, Courtney can get another shot. I'd very much like to see her grow beyond the JSA supporting player she's been.
    One thing i noticed about Stargirl is that she's always around, no matter what. Whether it's comics or outside media. I seriously can't think of a time where i didn't see Stargirl in something. That's one of the few characters that I can always expect to show up, sooner than later. She definitely deserves solo status.