Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SelinaK12 View Post
    do you guys think she will get a cameo or easter egg in the shazam movie
    I'll say it again: Millie Bobby Brown would make a great Courtney.

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    A Jack and Courtney team up book could be fun (only if it's written by James Robinson)
    I wouldn't mind a mini-series where Jack comes out of retirement to help Courtney. But I definitely don't want to see Jack brought out of retirement full time because his story had a perfect ending.

While that would be awesome, I don't think it would happen.

I don't think Courtney's relationship with Billy was significant enough, at least in a modern context, to warrant a reference in the Shazam movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    I wouldn't mind a mini-series where Jack comes out of retirement to help Courtney. But I definitely don't want to see Jack brought out of retirement full time because his story had a perfect ending.
    Agreed.

The only Jack story I want to read is the "Jack goes to Japan" story that Robinson never got around to telling.

Jack's one of my favorite characters ever, but his story is done. And it'd be damn unlikely that a return would measure up to his original series.

Let the legend remain retired.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Jack's one of my favorite characters ever, but his story is done. And it'd be damn unlikely that a return would measure up to his original series.

Let the legend remain retired.
    Agreed. Seeing the Japan story would also be pretty cool.

Courtney has an adventure relating to Japan, learns that Jack had an adventure there that's relevant to her current adventure, and goes to see Jack. We see what Jack is up to these days as he recounts his Japanese adventure to Courtney, who then goes on to use it to complete her own adventure.

I could see something like that happening.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

I'm always up for an adventure in Japan .

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

With whats looking like a total revamp of the Teen Titans/Titans brand coming up it would be stupid for DC not to use Stargirl in a new Teen Titans or Young Justice book. She is the perfect age to be in Teen Titans with the like of Robin (Tim), Wonder Girl, Blue Beetle, and others of that generation. Honestly she would fit in better there than with the JSA if they ever get around to being brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    With whats looking like a total revamp of the Teen Titans/Titans brand coming up it would be stupid for DC not to use Stargirl in a new Teen Titans or Young Justice book. She is the perfect age to be in Teen Titans with the like of Robin (Tim), Wonder Girl, Blue Beetle, and others of that generation. Honestly she would fit in better there than with the JSA if they ever get around to being brought back.
    I guess it depends on how old she is, when or if she is ever brought back. I prefer older Courtney because she truly grew as a character and earned her spot on the JSA roster. However, if they decide to do a Young Justice book.......it could be a unique twist to have a younger Courtney on that team.
    I just cant believe we haven’t seen her yet, especially since she is one of Geoff Johns creations.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am not sure how old she was supposed to be in the Justice League of America book, but she didn't seem to be much older than 16 or 17. I agree with Falshfreak it makes no sense to reintroduce her in the current DCU and then just leave her in limbo after JLA was revamped into Lemire's awful JLU book.

We never really got to see that much of Courtney hanging out with heroes her own age besides Cyclone and Wildcat III (Tommy) now and then, and that was some of the more interesting stuff they did in JSA.
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 02-23-2018 at 11:22 AM.

Wasn't Courtney teased for that possible Titans team Bryan Q. Miller was trying to develop?

No idea Frontier.

I'd love to see Courtney in the Titans or Young Justice. Those groups need some fresh blood, especially the Titans. She's on my short list of members, and I'd happily take her over some classic, expected names just to mix things up a little.

But with the JSA on their slow march back to the DCU, I expect her to end up back there. In fact, I suspect the reason she's been AWOL since Rebirth is because she's being held in reserve, to return with the rest of the JSA.

I'll be happy to see her anywhere, but I'd really, desperately like to see her on a new team closer to her age.

Best I expect to see is a solo to coincide with the JSA's return.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

. . . I just cant believe we haven’t seen her yet, especially since she is one of Geoff Johns creations.
    But Geoff Johns has cut back on his comic book writing these days, so who knows how many other writers may or may not have wanted to use her in their stories in the meantime?

If they weren't saving her for the JSA I think we'd have seen her by now, definitely in one of the four new temp League's, if nothing else. She's become a bit of a staple in the wider DCU.