Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    rape? what rape?
    Sleeping with someone through deception. Which is... eh, I don't know, I can kind of see the argument for it with Mystique (esp since she tends to use sex to manipulate or coerce) but that's a very hazy area especially when it's a one-night stand. Then you run into the problem of "what about plastic surgery etc etc etc".

That said it is sort of a type of violation, mostly because it's Mystique and that's someone who Gambit... probably wouldn't sleep with without the deception. Though I guess most of the point of one-night stands is about getting off and less so about who it's with? Then there's the whole did they or did they not when she got caught impersonating Foxx. I don't know this is a mental headache to work through lol.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 08-16-2017 at 12:53 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Sleeping with someone through deception. I don't know, I can kind of see the argument for it with Mystique (esp since she tends to use sex to manipulate or coerce) but that's a very hazy area, especially when it's a one-night stand...

I can see how someone can think it's a type of violation, but I don't know if I'd classify it as rape per se.
    I dont understand how anyone is getting RAPE out of Mystique telling Gambit she knows he had a threesome let alone trying to make a joke about it.

I dont understand how anyone is getting RAPE out of Mystique telling Gambit she knows he had a threesome let alone trying to make a joke about it.
    I thought the point of the revelation was the implication Mystique knew about it was because she was one or both of the 'twins'?

She could've found it about another way, but I don't think Gambit would've been so shocked or made a show to care otherwise.

BANNED

rape? what rape?
    Gambit found out the twins he was with one night were in some way, shape or form Mystique. He was confused about how it was even possible. So was I.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Gambit found out the twins he was with one night were in some way, shape or form Mystique. He was confused about how it was even possible. So was I.

still don't get how you get rape out that....it's a very strong word.

BANNED

still don't get how you get rape out that....it's a very strong word.
    "BOTH of them... How could you even...? HOW?"

It's really laid on pretty thick. She had sex with Remy and he didn't have a clue.

BANNED

Claremont made Rogue & Gambit work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    This was a pretty good issue, enjoyed the meta-talk. It felt like a quick read though. Didn't really care to see the scene of the British government agents, and wouldn't that fall under Pete Wisdom's MI-13 team? Also seems foolish to me that they would all walk through the doors clearly labelled for them rather than switch it up. Does it seem like Xavier is in control of OML or was that last panel just a stylistic choice?
    Yes, I was just thinking about that. Wisdom and Brian would logically be all over this.

BANNED

"BOTH of them... How could you even...? HOW?"

It's really laid on pretty thick. She had sex with Remy and he didn't have a clue.
    Yea you really shouldn't go throwing words around like rape

There is something known as rape-by-fraud.

And probably, the things got really kinky the night before.

I agree that that would be considered rape, as would a transsexual or transgender person having sex with a person that is under the impression they are of the sex they present themselves as.

BANNED

It's rape. Remy didn't consent to having sex with MYSTIQUE. He thought it was someone else. It was non-consensual. It was rape.

Having said that, it should be impossible for Mystique to pull off TWINS shouldn't it? Remy asked if she was both though. It's almost so canon breaking that it could be disregarded as never having happened.

BANNED

OMG I am DONE with this conversation.

You people just like drama to make something completely ridiculously overblown than what was implied.

I hope the outcome of this is Xavier conscious takes over and resides in Fantomexs body permanently...

BANNED

Whatevs. Not like it's the first time Mystique raped Gambit.

It's rape. Remy didn't consent to having sex with MYSTIQUE. He thought it was someone else. It was non-consensual. It was rape.

Having said that, it should be impossible for Mystique to pull off TWINS shouldn't it? Remy asked if she was both though. It's almost so canon breaking that it could be disregarded as never having happened.
    Well, he could have been blindfolded or extremely drunk.