I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Default Gotham City Garage: Ongoing Digital series discussion thread (SPOILERS)

Gotham City Garage (2017-) 001-000a.jpg

So, anyone following this series? I thought I'd get the thread started - since it's digital, I thought it might be nice to have just one thread instead of trying to have tiny threads every time it comes out.

Going to wait to post spoilers from the first issue for a little bit to let people check it out, but I enjoyed the first issue. I'm really curious if there's going to be any male heroes, though, since the statues are all female at this time.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

I enjoyed it, frankly it takes the same premise Tynion set up in Batwoman for his Tec arc and does much better.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    I enjoyed it, frankly it takes the same premise Tynion set up in Batwoman for his Tec arc and does much better.
    You're talking about Pax Batmana, right?

I think Gotham City Garage is going much more traditional, except for Batman being evil (or something. I really hope they have a twist coming from that one.) Lex controlling the world, etc.

I also hope they deal with why there's only one city left.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    You're talking about Pax Batmana, right?

I think Gotham City Garage is going much more traditional, except for Batman being evil (or something. I really hope they have a twist coming from that one.) Lex controlling the world, etc.

I also hope they deal with why there's only one city left.
    Yeah, that's what I was referring to.

BANNED

I'll check it out. Won't be expecting much, I don't like Injustice very much, and Bombshells even less. Hopefully it'll be good though, I just hope it doesn't go overboard on the Harleywank. I personally hope it's more Catwoman or Wonder Woman-centric.

Batman as a Judge Dredd-esque authoritarian henchman seems sketchy, but I'll withhold judgement until I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    I'll check it out. Won't be expecting much, I don't like Injustice very much, and Bombshells even less. Hopefully it'll be good though, I just hope it doesn't go overboard on the Harleywank. I personally hope it's more Catwoman or Wonder Woman-centric.

Batman as a Judge Dredd-esque authoritarian henchman seems sketchy, but I'll withhold judgement until I read it.
    As someone who has only sort of enjoyed Injustice comics, I can see the connection a bit - but so far, we don't quite know what the shape of the story will be. The first issue was really Supergirl-centric, with a lot of references to Wonder Woman. I personally really hope that the guys get some good roles. A dystopic-style Tim would be pretty perfect, I think.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Gah! Thanks for reminding me about this one. I had planned to give it a try but it completely slipped my mind.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Gah! Thanks for reminding me about this one. I had planned to give it a try but it completely slipped my mind.
    Hooray! More peeps to join the discussion!

I really enjoyed this and I'm likewise curious about whether there will be any male heroes here. Doesn't matter to me if there aren't though. The story is great and I really liked the art as well. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

I really enjoyed this and I'm likewise curious about whether there will be any male heroes here. Doesn't matter to me if there aren't though. The story is great and I really liked the art as well. Looking forward to the next chapter.
    Well...much as I love the female heros, I think you lose a lot if you only have them (which is a big part of my problem with Bombshells. But not anywhere close to all of my problem with that series. )

The art was great - I'm a fan of Brian Ching, though not in Supergirl. His stuff was much cleaner here than I remember it being in Supergirl, so that's a big plus.

Well...much as I love the female heros, I think you lose a lot if you only have them (which is a big part of my problem with Bombshells. But not anywhere close to all of my problem with that series. )

The art was great - I'm a fan of Brian Ching, though not in Supergirl. His stuff was much cleaner here than I remember it being in Supergirl, so that's a big plus.
    Well, I'm sure we haven't yet seen all there is to see here so there very well could be male heroes around as well. Kara's statement about Wonder Woman is what made me wonder if there were only female heroes though and if that fact is something to do with Lex, the ridealongs, and the Garden. Seems like maybe Batman is under his control for one thing. Maybe in the past Lex did something that allowed him to control the male heroes in some way? IDK just speculating.

Well, I'm sure we haven't yet seen all there is to see here so there very well could be male heroes around as well. [spoiler]Kara's statement about Wonder Woman is what made me wonder if there were only female heroes though and if that fact is something to do with Lex, the ridealongs, and the Garden. Seems like maybe Batman is under his control for one thing. Maybe in the past Lex did something that allowed him to control the male heroes in some way? IDK just speculating. [/spoiler]
    I do think there's a story that we will hopefully get about why Batman works for Lex.

I do think there's a story that we will hopefully get about why Batman works for Lex.
    I'm looking forward to that story. Maybe its some kind of mind control?

I'm looking forward to that story. Maybe its some kind of mind control?
    I think a story where Batman was convinced Lex had the right idea, and has to be convinced he was wrong would be more interesting.

I think a story where Batman was convinced Lex had the right idea, and has to be convinced he was wrong would be more interesting.
    True. I could see Batman being initially convinced by Lex because obviously it would save lives and I can see Batman wanting to save as many people as possible.However I do have to wonder just how long it would have taken him to figure out what was really going on. When I said mind control I didn't mean necessarily from the get go but maybe at a later time.