Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mighty Thor #22 Discussion and spoilers

A Fist Full of Brimstone –Aaron, Schiti, Gandini, Beredo, Dauterman, Wilson.

Another very fast paced issue that consequently feels a little short on incident.

In Muspelheim, Sindr - The Queen of Cinders, is asserting her authority through tales of her upbringing by her father Surtur. Loki chips in that their fathers have a lot in common, and Sindr scoffs. Malekith wants to discuss the war explaining that Nidavellir is no longer in flames and that somebody put the fire out. Sindr thinks this impossible.

Malekith is concerned that this is a pivotal expansion period in the war and hopes she is still up for the fight. He is assured that the Muspelli prey for Ragnarok, as the heavens ring out in thunder and the skies release unheard of rain and a flash flood.

Amidst the storm War Thor calls out for Sindr to face her nemesis, and there follows a battle between them, punctuated by War Thor’s visions of the dead children, a fire breathing shark attack, and eventually ending in Sindr skewering War Thor, apparently with Twilight.

Thor arrives, demanding Sindr allow her to take him and leave Muspelheim. Both combatants protest, and Thor attacks with hammer and fist. Taking advantage of the distraction a bloodied War Thor rises into the sky and begins to bring down the city, crying ‘Death to Muspelheim. In the chaos a fire demon child, Smoketongue, falls, is saved by Thor, and returned to its mother.

Thor teleports herself and War Thor away to the Yawning Void and accuses War Thor of terrorising innocent children, and carrying a weapon that does not belong in this world. War Thor accuses Thor of being the reason for his presence, because she is full of words not war. He pushes her aside and the two of them begin to fight.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-16-2017 at 08:44 AM.

Notably another Dauterman light book, although the letters page does assure us he will be around for a while longer, in the first hint that this run, along with the team of Aaron and Dauterman have an end in sight. Referring to them being together "all the way into the sunset". I hope that sunset is a way off yet, but it does seem clear that we are heading towards a final act.

At least this and the next issue were solicited as Schiti.

Schiti and his two colourists do a solid job, but I am not convinced Schiti's Ink Heavy style is perfectly suited to a story with so much fire and fury. Overall the compositions are good. The colour work is nowhere near as inspired as Wilson, but it is well done. I guess I just miss the old team.

It looks like we will get another fight-heavy book next month too, 'Thor against Thor!' to lead
    us into to the anniversary issue.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-16-2017 at 08:51 AM.

Spectacular Member

War Thor wasn't as powerful as I thought he'd be. But then again he was in her realm. He also hasn't had a chance to learn how to use his hammer.

Thanos wanted this hammer for a reason, I want to know why.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post
    War Thor wasn't as powerful as I thought he'd be. But then again he was in her realm. He also hasn't had a chance to learn how to use his hammer.

Some seemed to be taking the solicit literally and suggesting he would beat down The Queen of Cinders. I always thought that would be a stretch. It also seemed likely Thor would stop him.

I have been thinking about the Thor vs Thor fight. This is perhaps the most obvious example so far of the way Aaron has been structuring his story. He has been reading Kirby's playbook, and picking adversaries that match and mirror Thor.

However, the contrivance of exactly why Ultimate Mjölnir is like this and why it so perfectly matches the one from the 616 is the potential flaw in this one. I just don't know enough about Ultimate Thor to piece together a workable theory. Aside from the technological Mjölnir, was there another one that better matched the 616? Failing this I fall back to the idea that Doom somehow changed the hammers in Battleworld, but that feels a stretch. Unless Ultimate Thor arrives on Battleworld with an at least comparable hammer, it feels wrong.

Has anyone read the whole of Ultimate Thor, who can help with a viable theory?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post

For me he is more powerful than i thought. He was about to destroy a...ENTIRE REALM when he was stoped.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I have been thinking about the Thor vs Thor fight. This is perhaps the most obvious example so far of the way Aaron has been structuring his story. He has been reading Kirby's playbook, and picking adversaries that match and mirror Thor.

However, the contrivance of exactly why Ultimate Mjölnir is like this and why it so perfectly matches the one from the 616 is the potential flaw in this one. I just don't know enough about Ultimate Thor to piece together a workable theory. Aside from the technological Mjölnir, was there another one that better matched the 616? Failing this I fall back to the idea that Doom somehow changed the hammers in Battleworld, but that feels a stretch. Unless Ultimate Thor arrives on Battleworld with an at least comparable hammer, it feels wrong.

Has anyone read the whole of Ultimate Thor, who can help with a viable theory?
    We Know Ultimate Mjölnir From Battleworld But not Explain How Create it or Rewrite reality Similar to Original Mjölnir

If Some One Know Jason Aaron in real life or Message him in Fan letter He need Put Some Back Story in Comics How Ultimate Mjölnir Create in Secret Wars order Avoid Confused Us All

Other People Still Think is Technology Mjölnir and Other People Think Made Beyonders Power Mjölnir That why There no Solid proof.

Jason Aaron Need Back Story for New Ultimate Mjölnir Order End This Endless Debate.

Might Lady Thor and War Thor Lose they Hammer Back Being Normal Again them Odinson might Both had Ultimate Mjölnir and Mjölnir Just my own Opinion theory.
    Last edited by genji; 08-17-2017 at 05:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eaebiakuya View Post
    For me he is more powerful than i thought. He was about to destroy a...ENTIRE REALM when he was stoped.
    I Notice that to War Thor not use Full Power And Ability of Ultimate Mjölnir

Jane Thor Said That New Mjölnir Had All energy of Dead Another World I know What She mean Is Battleworld God Doom energy Very Dangerous That Hammer Fall Wrong Hand if That Person Abuse Power For Revenge.

I Know OdinForce Had Power of Ragnarok Destroy Entire Realm That Happen Odinson he Become Rune Thor He had OdinForce Them he Destroy Entire Realm Them Later He Got Revive Resurrect by Mjolnir Them he Resurrect by All his Fellow asgardian and All Realm Again.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...-vine-1685954/

If Ultimate Mjölnir had Ragnarok Power Destroy Entire Realm Make Same Level as OdinForce... Dawn This Ultimate Mjölnir I want Odinson Use use it DX Lol and make Bashing all his Enemy Lol.

You know you can multiquote, right? Click on the icon at the bottom right of a post, then click Reply With Quote on the second one.

No disputing his power but in the fight he was loosing badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You know you can multiquote, right? Click on the icon at the bottom right of a post, then click Reply With Quote on the second one.
    Can still be a choice to keep discussion clear.

Quote Originally Posted by genji View Post
    We Know Ultimate Mjölnir From Battleworld But not Explain How Create it or Rewrite reality Similar to Original Mjölnir

If Some One Know Jason Aaron in real life or Message him in Fan letter He need Put Some Back Story in Comics How Ultimate Mjölnir Create in Secret Wars order Avoid Confused Us All

Other People Still Think is Technology Mjölnir and Other People Think Made Beyonders Power Mjölnir That why There no Solid proof.

Jason Aaron Need Back Story for New Ultimate Mjölnir Order End This Endless Debate.

Might Lady Thor and War Thor Lose they Hammer Back Being Normal Again them Odinson might Both had Ultimate Mjölnir and Mjölnir Just my own Opinion theory.
    I argued in the past it didn't need it but I think the notion is coming to a head now. Maybe just clarifying it isn't the 1610 technology hammer in some kind of exposition. But not sure who would even know. We know it isn't that hammer but I would prefer if it was another realm's Mjölnir that was given to Ultimate Thor and then tried to find him, ending up in the rebooted MU.

I Notice that to War Thor not use Full Power And Ability of Ultimate Mjölnir

Jane Thor Said That New Mjölnir Had All energy of Dead Another World I know What She mean Is Battleworld God Doom energy Very Dangerous That Hammer Fall Wrong Hand if That Person Abuse Power For Revenge.

I Know OdinForce Had Power of Ragnarok Destroy Entire Realm That Happen Odinson he Become Rune Thor He had OdinForce Them he Destroy Entire Realm Them Later He Got Revive Resurrect by Mjolnir Them he Resurrect by All his Fellow asgardian and All Realm Again.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...-vine-1685954/

If Ultimate Mjölnir had Ragnarok Power Destroy Entire Realm Make Same Level as OdinForce... Dawn This Ultimate Mjölnir I want Odinson Use use it DX Lol and make Bashing all his Enemy Lol.
    Interesting theory. Kind of distilled power of a universe's gods.

I Wonder Who will win Jane Thor or War Thor....

I Wonder Who will win Jane Thor or War Thor....
    I would like to think of it in terms of a rescue rather than a fight.

BANNED

Yeah, War Thor was even more bad ass here than I anticipated. Really cool.

Of course Jane was right to stop him as his lust for revenge was blinding him to the toll on innocent lives.

While I always enjoy Mighty Thor, I have to say that this issue was even more impressive than usual - although I do really hope that Dauterman is back on full art duties soon!