Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Batman tv show 1966. My first Batman comic was Joker with his sidekick, Gaggy.

''I shall become a bat.'' masahikotahara's Avatar

I wish I could remember exactly. Batman has been a part of my life for so long, I can't pinpoint when and how I first became fascinated with him. I was born in 1984 and I remember a couple of things:

- Very early on I was reading a Batman comic (that I got from my dad) over and over. It was Dutch translation of Detective Comics #375 from 1968; a pretty weird story titled ''The Frigid Finger Of Fate!''
    - Of course, the 1966 Batman television series was still on the air (in reruns) and I loved to watch it.
    - Asking my mom to record the Batman 1989 movie on VHS when I saw in the TV guide that it was programmed to air on the BBC (recently I dove into the BBC archives to find out when that was and I'm pretty sure it was in December 1993).

And, like any Batman fan, I fondly remember watching Batman: The Animated Series. The first episode I watched was ''On Leather Wings'' and I mesmerized by it from the start; the intro scene alone was enough to have me hooked.
    Visit my website: http://ultimatebatmancomicswebsite.weebly.com for a timeline of Batman comics from Batman: Year One to Flashpoint,
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

CANON! CHRONOLOGY! READING ORDER!

...AND MORE...

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Batman the Animated Series, with the Burton films being around the same exact time.

The TV series and the animated series that both were constantly on in the early 70's first got me into him, bought my first Batman comic, #284, and managed to somehow still have it.

Re-runs of the 60s Batman tv show, Tim Burton's films and the Batmania that followed them, BTAS and then in my adolescence somene gave me the Dark Knight Returns. It was inevitable, really.
    Last edited by Great O.G.U.F.O.O.L.; 08-16-2017 at 04:54 PM.

Incredible Member

My first exposure - Batman tv series with Adam, Burt and Yvonne. As a kid it was totally dramatic. As a teen/ adult I saw the humor in it and still enjoy it.

First Batman comic? The first part of a two part story in BATMAN that dealt fake blind thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Believe it or not, the Adam West series, we wacth a lot re runs in my country . Little by little i met him in his mor "classic" incarnations from the 90s and 2000s animated series, to eventually reading a good chunk of his comic story and here i am.
    I was probably first interested in Batman because of the TV show with Adam West, but I was watching it when it originally aired in the mid-1960s ("Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel", which in my case was Channel 7, WABC-TV out of New York City). I even wore one of those store-bought Batman Halloween costumes for trick-or-treating when I was in first grade.

Spectacular Member

When I was a kid, my brothers and I would watch the TV show from the West days as well as the movie. (We taped the movie and watched it liked kids do their disney movies these days.) Shortly after the 89 movie came out, which we all loved. (I think the Superfreinds was also on in syndication too.) One brother started collecting a few comics here and there, which I would sneak and read. A few years later BTAS came out and that hooked me on a modern times Batman. I started getting into Batman comics around the time Hush came out.

Definitely the animated series for me. Didn't start reading the comics til Dick Grayson was Batman, which was an amazing period that should have lasted longer.

When I was little, I watched reruns of the Adam West Batman on tv with my brother. So I knew all the core characters but of course thought of them as comedic. When Batman '89 started getting hyped up, I was really intrigued because holy crap, this Batman was serious. And he wore black instead of blue and gray! Then I saw it and Keaton's performance (best Batman ever, still), sold me. Batman Returns I enjoyed even more than the first one; then after that was the animated series which really taught me a lot about the lore.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Watched the Animated, the films, and played the Arkham games and the first Injustice.

I didn't start on the comics until I borrowed a Batwoman comic from the library on a whim. I saw it on the shelf, and having never heard of the character I expected it to be dreadful, and borrowed it expecting it to be a laugh.

Batman 89 and 66

I never watched BAS, as by then I was 15 and wasn't into animated shows.

My comic collecting started with Jim Lee on HUSH, never saw art like that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Batman 89 and 66

I never watched BAS, as by then I was 15 and wasn't into animated shows.

My comic collecting started with Jim Lee on HUSH, never saw art like that!!!
    I started right after Hush with the Broken City storyline. I had been buying 90s comics and was used to Aparo and artists similar. Risso's art was to me what Jim Lee's was to you.

Incredible Member

I had always been on the borderline of liking Batman, from TAS to the 90s films as a kid to '66 reruns as a teenager, but the real love/obsession/buying too many comics came after the Nolan movies and Arkham games, say around 2011-2012.

A major thing was a friend constantly lending me comics, recomending, guiding and generally propaganda-ing me into liking comics which before I was really skeptical about.

Like many above said,Batman The Animated Series.