Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Batman: The Animated Series

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

For some heroes like Superman, Spidey, the X-Men, all it took was a sudden viewing of an episode of their 90s cartoon on the television to get me hooked but for Batman, it was a movie that first introduced me to him.

My first exposure to Batman that I can vividly recall is the 1997 cult hit classic, Batman & Robin. As a kid, it was the... "coolest" thing I'd ever seen.

(I'm not sorry for that pun)

(my memories of childhood did seem to repress some elements of the movie - I forgot all about Bane and Arnold's accent being in the movie, and I remembered it being a far more serious affair than it actually was, until I rewatched the movie many years later)
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 11-01-2017 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    My first exposure to Batman that I can vividly recall is the 1997 cult hit classic, Batman & Robin. As a kid of an age I can't quite recall at the moment, it was the... "coolest" thing I'd ever seen.

(I'm not sorry for that pun)

Way cooler then mine!
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 11-02-2017 at 01:09 AM.

I got into Batman by reading Trade Paperbacks from my local Library.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

I'm not sure which one I saw first, the animated series or the Tim Burton movies all know is it was love at first sight and no matter how many comic characters I fall in love with and despite me not having any interest in reading his comics at the moment, he is always gonna be number one.

I will say my love for the Riddler, Poison Ivy, Two-Face, Mr. Freeze, and the Joker comes from the Tim Burton films, there's nothing that would probably make me dislike these characters, b/c I fell in love with different versions of them.

I do believe my mom had bought the the vhs tapes for the Tim Burton movies and for as long as I can remember we've had the Tim Burton batman glass cups, 2 out of the 3(?) of the collectibles that McDonalds was urging customers to get with their purchases ...yeah McDonalds use to do cool stuff like that.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

BANNED

Tim Burton's movies.

The Adam West Batman TV series & the Super Friends cartoon are my first memories of Batman. Later I was reading JLA, Batman, Detective, Batman Family & Brave and the Bold comics from the mid 70's.

Well, BTAS obviously played a big role hooking me into Batman. But it was the New 52, and more precisely the Court of Owl which finally got me into Batman comics. I liked the "new readers" friendly vibe of it (even if he already had all his Robins and all that), and it has kept me going since then.

Incredible Member

I started out a Superman fan first (still am) and was probably introduced to Batman via the Super Friends and the 1966 TV show but I didn't think he was cool, as a kid I liked Superman because of his flying and laser eyes and he was invincible and smashed things.

Then around 1987 while in South America I came across a Spanish reprint of a Batman comic with art by Gene Colan, in the story he's fighitng a vampire monk and in turn Batman himself starts turning into a vampire (sounds lame but I loved it) and I thought to myself this was a far cry from the silly Adam West show and Batman actually became cool, also keep in mind that reprints were far behind so I was totally oblivious of what Frank Miller was doing to the character back in the states.

Luckily a few American imports started creeping into bookstores and found myself in a fabulous time of Batman stories being churned out Post-Crisis.

Randomly read a Earth Two comic with the JSA in which he dies but that was where I started with the Bats

Son of Batman got my attention and got me into comics but I was always a casual superhero fan as long as I can remember watching reruns of the Adam West show, the spiderman cartoon and junk like that but Son of Batman turned into a fan that seeks out the material opposed to one that just watches it because it's on and the remote is on the other couch.

Batman the animated serie.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I can't remember the exact moment when I became a Batman fan, but it was after COIE, but watching the movies from 1989 and the 90's plus BTAS.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I got into Superman & he led me to Batman. Superman, Super Friends on Tv, then World's Finest & Justice League. After that I started buying Batman comics. Not sure what my first Batman issue was. It was from 1976 & either featured Black Spider or Signalman. The 1966 show was on regularly also. The comic that got me hooked was this one:

IMG_0162.jpg

That story forever defined Batman for me.
    Last edited by Jon-El; 11-24-2017 at 08:39 PM.

As a kid, I read Superman (including Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes) more than any other character by far. I'd been exposed to Batman, of course, from his appearance in various Justice League and World's Finest comics to his appearance in reruns of the 1960s show, for years. And I'd pick up an occasional Batman, Detective, or Brave & the Bold.

But what really got me starting buying Batman comics regularly—Batman and Detective Comics only at the time—were the New Teen Titans. It made me a fan of Dick Grayson as Robin. When I heard there would be a new Boy Wonder to replace Dick, who would be giving up the role, I was intrigued. So I started buying Batman and Detective (whose stories interwove back then) around the time of Jason Todd's first appearance. And I kept buy until Bane, shortly after Batman #500. I took a break of several years, before coming on again regularly with Hush.

Still buying...
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.