Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Probably The Darknight Return. I really enjoyed the movie but was not particualrly interested in anything Batman-related. Until Justice League movie, I was mildly interested, just enough to check out the comics and some animated series. Then it was Damian who keeps me hooked through Batman and Robin and Son of Batman.

Incredible Member

B'89 and BR.

bionics

I was six when my old man took me to see the original Batman (1989) film in theaters. I was obsessed with the movie and became enchanted with the character ever since. Batman: TAS and Batman: Mask of the Phantasm only further reinforced that; I'd watch Batman: TAS every day after school with my brother and it became a favorite pastime of ours. Since then I've gone on to read the great Batman works, fell in love with the Nolan trilogy and have always had an appreciation for the character being one of consummate skill, intellect and willpower.

BTAS and the Christian Bale movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Hello all, I'm sure this has been done before somewhere but I'm still a newbie compared to you guys and it will be a good opportunity to get to know where the Batman love came from. Is it different from your first time encountering the Bat?

We all started somewhere when it came to being comic fans, and I don't think there are too many of us here who witnessed Batman's creation, so what would you say interested you in the character enough to start buying/collecting comics. Heck I would say that a lot of people experienced these icons from media other than comics as children (at least prior to learning how to read).

I wasn't truly a fan until I started watching Batman: The Animated Series on Fox Kids every afternoon in the 90's. Even though I still watched the 60's Adam West show religiously (you'd be surprised on how many old shows they re-ran in the 90's), it still was BTAS that had me become a Batman addict, and I have been one for about 25 years and counting. In fact, I would say that BTAS, introduced me to Batman, and through Batman comics, my interest in comics expanded from there.

What was your first Bat experience? What got you into Batman? Were you into comics prior to getting into Batman specifically, or was he your genesis?

I will return...same Bat time, same Bat channel...
    I was 19 years old, in the Navy training at a school for my job, and I picked up Batgirl #1 (Cassandra Cain). My life was forever changed. My love for Rogue built up over time. With Cass it was instant. I like watching Batman movies and cartoons. I enjoyed TAS and Batman Beyond immensely, but when it comes to comics I only read Detective Comics for Cassandra Cain. So I'm a fan of Batman but I wouldn't keep up with him if the best Batgirl ever hadn't entered the picture.

BANNED

BTAS and Burton films.

Michael Keaton

Fantastic Member

BTAS micheal keaton movies and batman 66 and batman scooby doo mysteries they shown both in reruns

When I was around 6/7 there was Batman everywhere. I would watch the Batman '66 re-runs whilst I was getting ready for school, Batman Returns had a major hype and my Saturday morning's highlight was Batman The Animated Series. So I had alot of affection for him as a kid and then when I become a teenager and picked up fantastic reads like The Dark Knight Returns, Year One, Mad Love etc I was hooked on him.

Batman '89/Returns then TAS really made me a fan. I knew of '66 Batman when I was really little, I'd watch reruns with my brother, but the movie was my first introduction to the character without the camp.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Marshall Rogers!

I was first exposed to Batman on Saturday mornings with Filmation's "The NEW Adventures of Batman". When I later discovered the 1966 Batman TV series I recognized their voices and it was easy for me to accept them as the REAL Batman and Robin which I continue to so to this day.

Likewise, when the Batman '66 digital comics were produced I finally felt that Batman was properly translated to the comics. lol

Fantastic Member

Well I was born listening to people talk about him and kids buying bat merchandise. But I noticed him for the first time in 2002 The old DCEU Justice League Unlimited shows. Needless to say the impression I got was very different from when I started to read him from Issue 400 post crisis and checked out his origin. He was much nicer and deserving of the hero title, and the farther I read the more he turned out like him in the show and worse. I blissfully never got into millerbat , dceu, Nolanverse, or new 52 until much later in my reading.
    Last edited by nhienphan2808; 03-13-2018 at 08:15 AM.

Adam West. Then Batman 89, Batman Returns and TAS. Then The dark knight returns and Arkham asylum. Then reading the comics every month.

My first exposure was the 89 Batman film but becoming a full blown fan came from Batman the Animated series! Nothing was better in the 90s when coming home after school to watch the cartoon line up. Oh man when I heard the music first kick on... gosh I get goosebumps even to this day. Good stuff.