Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Mighty Member

With the Decade anniversary of The Dark Knight yesterday, I'd figure this topic is relevant again. Any Bat fans want to tell us about their walk through Crime Alley?

For me it was seeing the movie 'Batman Begins'. After seeing that movie I jumped on board with the Grant Morrison run on Batman and never looked back.

Boisterously Confused

Not gonna lie: Adam West TV shows were in re-runs on the local station when I was 5. But O'Neil, Adams, and Aparo kept me from outgrowing it.

Mighty Member

New year, new stories. Anyone else want to share the genesis of their Batman love?

It's funny, even though my love of Batman started on Fox Kids, I remember watching the reruns of the Adam West series daily as well when it was on. I think it was on...Fox... hmmm

For me I always knew who Batman was but thought he was just goofy because of the Adam West tv show. It wasnt until the 89 movie that I started to really get intoi Batman. Which is weird because reading the comics I enjoy the 60s and 70s Batman comics more then the more modern ones.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I'd always been a casual fan growing up watching Justice League, but playing Arkham Asylum and City is what really made me into a fan.

That 1-2 punch of 'The Dark Knight' film and Batman: Arkham Asylum on PS3 in 2008-2009 is what made me a huge fan of the character.

Combination of Adam West Batman reruns and BTAS for me.

Yes, very much a child of the 90s.

BANNED

Dick Grayson since 1958.

How did this thread get by me for so long?
    My first exposure to Batman was on the night the show originally aired
    on ABC in 1966 and than later that Summer when the movie made its
    first rounds in the theatre

BANNED

BTAS probably. Its the best version of Batman ive seen.

Fantastic Member

I have two answers for this question. What got me into the lore of Batman was BTAS. However, what got me into the comics was Batman and Robin Reborn by Grant Morrision.

Mighty Member

The asylum games made me a big fan. I caught Batman Beyond as a kid and I saw a few re runs of BTAS but those video games made it all make sense.

When I was an 11 year old kid - the first Batman movie was coming out. My older brother promised he'd take me to see it. I so desperately wanted to watch that film. All I knew about Batman up until that point was the old Adam West series.

In the run up to the film coming out my brother happened across a used copy of The Killing Joke which I think he either bought or won at a fairground out of all places (If I'm remembering it right of course). He gave it to me and I remember being quite shocked at it's content. My Mum flipped through it and she made it very clear she didn't approve (but she didn't take it away from me).

Anyway, I used to read that damn book over and over - and eventually the film came out and my brother kept his word and took me to see it.

It was the first film ever in the UK to receive the 12 rating. I was 11 and can remember being immensely proud of myself for being able to get in to see it (I think my brother was relieved too). I remember it being dark, scary and really exciting.

So I'd say it's a combination of that movie and The Killing Joke.

Now I'm almost 41 and I don't look back on that movie all that fondly. Compared to other movies that have come out since (specifically The Dark Knight Trilogy) and what I know about Batman from reading the comics over the years - I don't really think it holds up to those standards.

But still, I can't deny it came at a pivotal point in my life and I'm still feeling the effects of it to this day.
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

BANNED

Batman 1989 film. I watched it in video cassette at 1990, i was 7 at the time and i was so amazed by the film.