Default Digital Comics via Humble bundle

So Humble Bundle often do some great deals on drm free digital comics. The currently have a GI Joe and Transformers one up. Having never ready any of these books I thought I'd ask if they are any good before I inevitably end up buying another bundle. so... are they worth it?

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/t...-gi-joe-comics

Mighty Member

Depends on how nostalgic you are for the material. Joe was pretty decent thru the 1st 3 or 4 volumes (didnt read anymore after that), Cobra the last laugh was really good, and transformers ranges from good to great. That bundle is a weird one tho. The higher up tiers start to collect books that include stories you are already getting in some of the lower tiers. I'd sit and break down what you're REALLY interested in before splurging, cause it might not be worth it to go all in
    Last edited by awayne83; 08-16-2017 at 01:59 PM.

I don't know what exactly is in the bundle but I absolutely loved the Transphormers phase 2 stuff but only read All Hail Megatron and Last stand of the wreckers from Phase one (they were good but I've found Last stand more important for P2 than All hail). I expected to enjoy P2 but I was really surprised how much I loved it.

Amazing Member

I loved Transformers, that was good and it still is great. G1-Transformers, the original by Marvel. Man, I own that, but I think that was pretty damn stupid. GI Joe I never read, so I wouldn't know. Never was interested in anything from it. I owned the toys growing up and I still have my original 80's ones. But I never cared about the comics. However, G1 Transformers was good. But how does Optimus Prime an all intelligent robot die completely and then gets restored back to life on a fucking floppy disk? Not a hard disk, but an actual 80's retro floppy disk? I would imagine an intelligent robot like him would've had TB's worth of data, maybe even past TB's into a whole new format of memory. But a floppy disk worth which is like 12-24kbs? That's pathetic and a joke. I bet Rom would've handled that situation perfectly.

Not really into GI Joe but I do have a passing interest in Transformers. So I may be tempted to pick it up, at the end of the day it is only $25 or so. And they won't take up any space!