Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I feel like I must’ve seen him in something before this but my earliest memories of Spider-Man are picking up a graphic novel in 91/92 when I was 4 or 5 years old which involved Peter and Mary Jane going to Paris (and Disney Land) for some function, with Black Fox and Prowler as the villains stealing something - I am sure someone would know the issues involved. But I assume it got me very used to Peter and MJ being married very quickly. I probably wasn’t a serious fan of his until both the first Sam Rami film and the original Ultimate Spider-Man run which I picked up the first six volumes of. Over here in the UK I don’t remember the TAS Spider-Man ever being shown, the BBC had Action Hour instead with Iron Man, Hulk and the Fantastic Four.

It was the spidey hulk hour with Spider-Man and his amazing friends and repeats of the 60s cartoon in the early 80s. I also used to rent the marvel video library vhs and got a secret wars coloring book with spidey and wolverine on the cover and it had a pull out poster I hung on my wall!

[IMG][/IMG]

Put me down as another who first really became aware of Spider-Man as a result of the cartoon series from 1967 and that theme song.

(Oh, and when it originally aired on Saturday mornings, not in later reruns / later releases.)

Last edited by MajorHoy; 02-25-2019 at 03:18 PM.

The 90's animated series

Mighty Member

With Far From Home around the corner, I'm wondering if the MCU had made people fans of the character. I know that there were people who weren't interested in Spider-Man until the Spider-Verse movie.

Astonishing Member

Gladstone's Disney comics. When I was in my early teens I wanted to try out the 'big boy' comics so I bought a bunch of Marvel comics, Amazing, Spectacular and Web of being some of them.

Christopher Daniel Barnes and alcohol.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    With you on the first, but I was too young at the time unless rubbing alcohol counts.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

At the library when I was little. They had tons of Spider-Man comics, more than any other character, I would borrow them all the time and re-read them again and again.

The 90's Animated Series before getting the PS1 Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro games. I loved collecting the comic books in these games and learning the history of the character through the character bios, narrated by Stan Lee of course.

I then got Spider-Man The Ultimate Guide by Tom DeFalco back in 2001, which led to me getting into the comics. A chapter of "The Gathering of Five" was the first issue I ever got before switching to Ultimate Spider-Man at first.

Spectacular Member

Comics!
    I believe the first one my parents bought me was a MacFarlane written and drawn one.

It was the one set during Inferno in which the Hobgoblin (Macendale) is infected by demogoblin, kidnaps a kid and tries to corrupt him.

When somebody asks me what got me into Spider-Man (and comics in general) I always answer that it was SM but what makes me stay is Peter Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    With you on the first, but I was too young at the time unless rubbing alcohol counts.
    Ditto! LOVED that series growing up and it made me a huge spidey fan. To this day the voice I hear when I read Spider-Man is Christopher Daniel Barnes. I don't remember my first Spider-Man comic that I read, but since it was the 90's that is probably a good thing
    I have no desire to ever read that clone mess.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

his cute little red and blue tights of course
    troo fan or death

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twinlock51 View Post
    The 90's Animated Series before getting the PS1 Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro games. I loved collecting the comic books in these games and learning the history of the character through the character bios, narrated by Stan Lee of course.

I then got Spider-Man The Ultimate Guide by Tom DeFalco back in 2001, which led to me getting into the comics. A chapter of "The Gathering of Five" was the first issue I ever got before switching to Ultimate Spider-Man at first.
    I got that one, too. Also, Rino Romano was an excellent Spider-Man in the PS1 games. Would've liked him as Spider-Man 2099, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Noronha View Post
    Comics!
    I believe the first one my parents bought me was a MacFarlane written and drawn one.

It was the one set during Inferno in which the Hobgoblin (Macendale) is infected by demogoblin, kidnaps a kid and tries to corrupt him.

When somebody asks me what got me into Spider-Man (and comics in general) I always answer that it was SM but what makes me stay is Peter Parker.
    Hmm, the Inferno tie-ins were how Hobgoblin became possessed/infected by a demon after trying to sell his soul for power, only to be rejected because his soul was too putrid for even a demon to want. As for the McFarlane issue you're referring to, I believe it included a team-up with Ghost Rider (Danny Ketch/Noble Kale) and was actually set after the Inferno crossover where Macendale was bonded with the demon that would later become Demogoblin. I do like your answer, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Ditto! LOVED that series growing up and it made me a huge spidey fan. To this day the voice I hear when I read Spider-Man is Christopher Daniel Barnes. I don't remember my first Spider-Man comic that I read, but since it was the 90's that is probably a good thing
    I have no desire to ever read that clone mess.
    Same, and as much as I love the Scarlet Spider (and was gratified to see him show up in the 90s animated series finale), you're probably better off not reading the 90s Clone Saga.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    God he portrayed Peter/Spidey so well back in the 90's series, which reminds me where the heck is the NA series DVD release?
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion