Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Let's say you're in charge of Spider-man spinoff movies ...

Let's say you're SONY. More specifically, you're the guy in charge of making movies set in the Spider-man-verse. You're not the BIG guy. You don't handle the main series, or Venom, or even into the Spider-verse stuff with Miles and the gang. In fact, you can't get any of the actual big character for more than a post credit sequence.

Now you're boss has come in and told you he needs your pitches for the next six or seven Spider-man movies you're doing. What do you give him?

Extraordinary Member

Superior foes by Nick Spencer gets adapted

I talk with Disney to make a Spider-Man and the X-Men adaptation, except there's no Glob Herman in this version.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I'd pitch a movie about Silver Sable and the Wild Pack. They are divorced enough from Spider-Man in order to do a stand-alone movie about them. Just make it Suicide Squad-esque in tone.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I'd adapt the Slingers. They work as Peter/Spider-Man analogoues but are pretty obscure so they have more freedom. They work as good guy foils for the antiheroes so there isnt the need to soften them up. Plus they give the Sonyverse a direction outside of tieing into the MCU.

They are a small group so you could bang out a phase of films pretty fast. 3 out of the 4 have their own niche/tone so Prodigy could become the POV character for the teamup film.

Identity crisis could be phase 2 as old enemies resurface to take on the Slingers. You could bring in Macguire Peter as a reluctant mentor. In the comics they are given the outfits by a benefactor so you could lean into the legacy angle.

Or you adapt out the Spider-Man is a murderer angle and retool it around each Slinger as a solo film.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-26-2022 at 11:35 AM.

I'm going to fudge a little and say, for this exercise, I am able to use Venom -- because what I would do is have a bunch of solo movies that lead into Maximum Carnage, just as the solo Marvel characters met in Avengers.

Start with Venom, with this tagline: "With great power comes great tragedy."

Do a not-crap Morbius movie, Black Cat and Prowler in a superpowered heist movie, then continue with lesser-known characters like Nightwatch (super time travel?) and others that are contractually available. Silver Sable? Annex?

Then, culminate their storylines in Maximum Carnage. Have them team-up to take down Carnage and his family, who perhaps were introduced in the various solo movies.

Honestly, I can't believe this ISN'T the plan.

-Pav, who feels like it's an obvious direction...
    Last edited by Pav; 04-26-2022 at 12:46 PM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Rocket Racer could be a fun kid friendly property.

Needs some Big Wheel.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

I would make an Avengers-style Web Warriors franchise. Introduce Mayday Parker in a Spider-Man 4/Spider-Girl movie where Tobey's Peter passes the torch to his daughter. Introduce Miles Morales in a third Amazing Spider-Man movie where Andrew passes the Torch to him to be with Spider-Gwen. Have it all lead into a Spider-Verse movie where Madame Web gets the Spider-people together to go up against Knull/symbiotes.

Jackpot could be interesting if it was an AU version of MJ that got powers- Spider-Gwen style.

There are two other characters who were Jackpot (Alanna Jobson and Sara Ehret) but they'd work better as a package deal. One would be the supporting cast of the other.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Eugen...io_(Earth-616)

Eugene trying to redeem his father's legacy by being a superhero could be fun to explore.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Outlaws_(Earth-616)

I'd pitch this team instead of the Sinister Six.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-28-2022 at 05:20 AM.

Spider-Verse has been done, twice. One animated, one live-action. What we really need is Secret Wars. Let all Earths be destroyed during incursions, let there be a last one between the Sony-verse universe and Miles' universe... and then the sequel set in Battleworld.

One word:

Spidercide

Spider-Man, Venom and Deadpool rolled into one? It's a Sony executive board's dream! No I will not be taking further questions
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Astonishing Member

Superior Foes of Spider-Man.
    Spider-Gwen.

That's it.

Steel Spider is a way to do Superior Octopus without using Peter.

Black Cat could be a heist/superhero film mashup. Most heist movies don't have rememberable villians so you could get away with using D-Listers. You could do a Better Call Saul style prequel showcasing how Felicia became a master thief before meeting Peter. I'd bring back Felicity Jones from ASM2.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Alexa...is_(Earth-616)

I googled Annex after Pav mentioned him. You could use him as a backup mantle for Flash Thompson or incorporate aspects of Agent Venom into his character. After he gets his powers, he goes to work for the government ops team that Flash starts working for in Remender's run.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Kevin_Trench_(Earth-616)

Nightwatch is all over the place as a character but I liked his initial origin. I'd pitch it as Batman meets Tenet- Trench discovers a future version of himself will die fighting as a supervillian. He becomes a superhero to change his fate which becomes the central hook of his series.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-28-2022 at 05:10 AM.

I always kind of likes Annex.

The Slingers is another one I'd love to put in development.

Solo, Cardiac, Puma, and even a Urich Green Goblin.

Give them each their own movie, and then bring them together with Spider-man, Venom, and Morbius for a Maximum Carnage or Revenge of the Sinister Six epic finale.