Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
Several others are mentioning that the cartoon helped. I wonder how important the long form storytelling was, since that is a big part of what makes the series work, but it requires steady access from the reader.
Not all shows need long form of storytelling. But Spider-man's really helped. Other shows say like Batman TAS was about what i want to see more Batman. Spider-man's long form means i was actually waiting to see what will happen next. That's an extra layer of investment. One honestly can't wait to see what is going to happen next. I really loved that. As a kid my diet of shows included the likes of Mickey Mouse and those Disney shows like Duck Tales. Occasionally there would be two part or three part episodes but a lot of them were one episode stories. I loved when the stories were to be continued. Spider-man was a step up from that. As you said its one of the reasons why the series works. I was totally into Spider-man when the first film arrived. I remember waiting to see those TV spots just to have a glimpse of Spider-man. All thanks to Spider-man animated. And i had nothing else for that. It really worked for me.