Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

The 60's cartoon and Electric Co. The cartoon used to run back-to-back with Batman. That was a great hour. I remember watching Electric Company opening credits to see if Spidey was going to appear.

Mighty Member

It's been a good few months since the last encounter, so may as well bring this thread up to see if we have new people who wish to share the progenitor to their fascination with the Web Head.

Mighty Member

It's a new year, so might as well bring this back up. With all of the Spider characters floating around nowadays I wonder if any people fell in love with Spider-Man from one of his many spinoff characters.

narcotics

superior got me into the books, though
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

My first Spider-Man exposure was the Newspaper Strip Comic. It was also the first superhero story I read. And to me, the newspaper strip with a married Peter Parker who balances his responsibilities, career, and duties as a superhero with a wife who knows his secret identity and who he doesn't have to lie to got me interested at the age of 9 and 10. The story I remember reading was him fighting Magneto and that was also my first exposure to Magneto.

Then I saw the first X-Men movie and then Raimi's Spider-Man. I read Spidey comics mainline after Raimi's first movie, and that was stuff like Chapter One and USM. USM is the first Spider-Man title I really followed from beginning middle end. You are talking to someone who saw Miles Morales' first appearance at ground zero.

As for 616, I think Paul Jenkins' Fusion story was the first one I read. Then JMS' Spider-Totem arc with Morlun. And the entire series leading to ASM#500. After that I dropped out with Sins' Past and the whole Avengers Tower phase didn't draw me in, until Back in Black. I dropped the stories after OMD and didn't read regular Spider-Man after that. I did check out Dying Wish and Superior Spider-Man when news broke out, and I got back in with 2018 in Spencer's run during which I re-read a lot of the big issues and stories Slott's did (to me his most important work is Big Time to Spider-Island...everything after that is glorified distractions).

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I think my dad came home with a Spider-Man toy and a pocket-book reprint of the first few issues of Spider-Man and FF when I was 4 or 5. I read them, loved them, and have never looked back.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Watching his animated series over the years from those freaky 60's cartoon to Spider-friends to Ultimate Spiderman, Spidey & Captain America are my favorite characters from Marvel
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    The Electric Company.
    Awesome....

I was 8 years old. My older sister's bf at the time gave me a cardboard box with a couple hundred comics in it.

There were a few Romita Sr era issues in there, and the first one I recall reading was probably #116 Suddenly...the Smasher, or #177 Deadly Designs of the Disruptor

116-9.jpg

117-1.jpg

Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends but I'm sure I saw him in as a float in the Macy parade first.

I never got bored of seeing his animated adventures.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Spider-Man the Animated series. I would love a comic that continued the show.

Astonishing Member

^^^^There was a comic book of the Spider-Man animated series.

Either Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends or the other single Spider-Man cartoon from about the same time. Some time after, I ran into the comics.

For me it was reruns of Spiderman and his Amazing friends. I loved that show. Then I startedt o watch the 90s animated series. Then when I was in the mall book store I saw a copy of the Essential Spiderman vol 1. I thought since I watched the tv shows that I would like the comic. It was one of the first superhero comics that I bought and I loved it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.