Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Like many people, I too got into Spider-Man with the 1994 Amazing Spider-Man cartoon series, followed by the Spider-Man PS1 game. But over the years I had always picked up a Spider-Man book in the local newsagency or off the stand in a small convenience store and had a read of it. It wasn't till the original Civil War arc that I really began getting into collecting Amazing Spider-Man as a series. From there I've been able to build a really good singles issues collection that spans from Volume 1 all the way to the most current issue, with everything from Volume 2 (The first reboot to Issue 1) to modern stuff being complete, and somewhere in the realm of about a third of Volume 1 also collected (174 out of 441 issues). I'm very proud of this collection as it's something I hope to someday complete and pass down to future generations.

Over the years, what originally drew me to Spider-Man as a character was how the story was of a flawed person who was doing his best with the powers he has. His morality clicked with me as someone who dedicates his own life to helping others no matter what their personal situation is and always tries to see the best in those around him no matter how bad they can be. Also, I was of the age where I saw Peter Parker as a role model, his focus on science and education grew up along with me as a person, making him easy to connect to. Even as I approach 40 years old, there is still a lot I see of myself in the character, even though he has been stunted and locked into his mid-twenties thanks to a staff who can't bring themselves to bring Peter or Spider-Man into a proper adult phase in life.

Mighty Member

Like many others, I owe my fascination with Spider-Man to the 90's series. I actually fell off from paying attention to the character after all. I credit The Spectacular Spider-Man for reviving an interest in the character.

As with Many others. This series right here!!!!! It is what started my love for Spider-Man. I remember the first Saturday morning I saw it way back in 94. And I can remember dozens of other saturday mornings waking up to watch it.

And from there it progressed to comics and then of course the Raimi Movies.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post

As with Many others. This series right here!!!!! It is what started my love for Spider-Man. I remember the first Saturday morning I saw it way back in 94. And I can remember dozens of other saturday mornings waking up to watch it.

And from there it progressed to comics and then of course the Raimi Movies.
    Same with me

I posted on here before but I'll post again for the newcomers to the forum; I got my start reading Spider-Man in the 90's, not sure which storyline or series (was probably McFarlane) but I legit remember collecting most of the early 90's Clone Saga - I remember there being two distinctive Spider suits; the normal one and the one with the torn up blue hoodie (which I later learned was Scarlet Spider). Me and a classmate of mine would collect the comics because we both liked Spider-Man, and the flashback and trial stuff dealing with Kaine and Ben was pretty good I of course also watched and collected the merchandise from the 1994 animated series, which having rewatched it on Disney+ showed me how well the series stands today (despite obviously being dated, and some corny dialogue). I took a break - actually I stopped collecting Spider-Man and any comic-related stuff by the time I entered middle school I briefly started reading again in late 1999/early 2000 and I think it was the Next chapter (where Mattie Franklin took over). I am now happy to say I am fully-fledged spider-collector and have completed the original Clone Saga, 94' Saga and Ben Reilly Epic as well as the latest Scarlet Spider saga.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

The 1994-1998 cartoon show. However the ps1 video game did not hurt my interest. To be honest despite Spider-Man being to much of a nerd to even perform the easy semi athletic task of swiming and Venom is way to blue and goofy(like he had gotten in the 90's) it is probably one of my favorite Spider-Man stories ever!

Mighty Member

It was probably the 90's show.
    However Ultimate Spider-Man and the 2002 movie cemented my love for the Character.

My first exposure to the character was The Electric Company. That got me interested in Spidey, but when I got my first Spider-Man comic, I was quickly turned off because of an appearance by the Hulk, who terrified me as a kid. I avoided anything Spider-Man related like the plague for years after that. Eventually, though, around the time I was in middle school, I started checking out the newspaper comic, which piqued my interest enough that I started checking out the actual comics not long after. That was around the time of the Return of the Sinister Six story, which got me hooked.

BANNED

Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends had me hooked when it aired as part of Going Live in the 80s. From there I watched the 60s cartoon, then the first comic I read was Web of Spider-Man, with the black suit and the marriage all at once.

Astonishing Member

Like my buddy Jack Elving used to say, a Spider-Man fan kinda has two origin stories. The first is what got them into Spider-Man, and the second is what got them into comics and the Editorial knowledge surrounding Spider-Man.

I first got into Spider-Man threw the 90's show. I would watch it religiously every day after school.

Bendis later got me into comics through Ultimate Spider-Man.