Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

The animated series from the 90s, the action figures from the same period and the clone saga. Loved Ben Reilly. I want him back (no, not Benpool!).

The Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends cartoon. I knew the DC heroes through Superfriends and merch. I knew Spider-Man, Hulk and Stan Lee were from another company. It seemed like DC had a hold on mass media and general brand recognition back then, it wasn't until years later that I became more familiar with the 'other' comics company.

The original Hobgoblin Saga, and the associated mystery of his identity, when I was a kid. It was both well written and visually stunning for the time. An absolute win , well until the whole thing became messy towards its end.....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

Born in 85, I remember seeing spider-man everywhere as a kid, before I knew what marvel comics ever was. Thanksgiving day parade balloon, a production company's credits for muppet babies, I knew he was before I knew who he was if ya know what I mean; he was marvels logo and icon. The early 1990 action figures we're awesome too; suction cup spider-man, spider tracer, etc, too much fun. Also reruns of 60s and amazing friends but those were rarer around 92-93, but then the fox cartoon came out in 1993 or 94 and I was hooked. However, I still didn't buy a lot of spidey comics,only a few here in there, until about 2005 when I started collecting and buying more seriously. . I bought a lot of x-men comics though (my fave franchise)

I love reading about how people got into spider-man!

I was born in 1996, and even though comics aren't as popular in my country (Chile) as in others, superheroes are. So, I watched lots of Spider-Man shows; Spider-Man Unlimited, Spider-Man and his amazing friends and, my favorite of the bunch, Spider-Man tas. Also, from time to time I bought comics (well, relatives bought them, I was too little to have any money), in fact, my first comic or one of the first was the crossover Batman/Spider-man, where they face Joker and Carnage. All this, plus the Raimi movies, which I absolutely loved and still do, exceptuating the third one, made me a Spider-Man fan since a very young age

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

A mix of the Electric Company, coloring books, Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends, and the Marvel Comics Video Library cassettes.
    My first Spider-Man comic was #274, but I fell in love with the black costume...

Incredible Member

Way back in 3rd grade in 1993 a classmate gave me a copy of adjectiveless Spider-Man issue 24. This is the issue that opens up with Peter and MJ in bed and he's having nightmares. It seemed interesting enough but I was more of an X-Men fan strictly because of the X-Men Animated Series.

A few months later i see an issue of Spectacular Spider-Man with Spider-Man and the X-men on the cover. That issue was 199. I picked it up and the ending with the Green Goblin kidnapping MJ. That ending hooked me on the Green Goblin. I went on to get issue 200 and then one of my half brother's gave me Web 101 which was the second chapter of Maximum Carnage. I collected the entire MC story and then got the Maximum Carnage game on Genesis for Christmas and was hooked ever since.

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

The 90 Animated series/Sega games like 95% of Millennials, lol

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Way back in 3rd grade in 1993 a classmate gave me a copy of adjectiveless Spider-Man issue 24. This is the issue that opens up with Peter and MJ in bed and he's having nightmares. It seemed interesting enough but I was more of an X-Men fan strictly because of the X-Men Animated Series.

A few months later i see an issue of Spectacular Spider-Man with Spider-Man and the X-men on the cover. That issue was 199. I picked it up and the ending with the Green Goblin kidnapping MJ. That ending hooked me on the Green Goblin. I went on to get issue 200 and then one of my half brother's gave me Web 101 which was the second chapter of Maximum Carnage. I collected the entire MC story and then got the Maximum Carnage game on Genesis for Christmas and was hooked ever since.
    I freaking love the evolution of Harry becoming Green Goblin under Dematteis' writing. I know he had become GG previously, but the way Dematteis depicted him as a villain and friend at the same time was amazing and shows perfectly the dichotomy in which Harry lived

Another vote for ubiquity.

I have recollections of my very first time buying Spidey comics at the store: the grocery store near my grandparents' house had Spider-Man Classics at the checkout line.

I remember buying the shiny gold issue of Web that kicks off the Clone Saga.

An elementary school friend bought me a reprint of the original clone battle, and I remember being really stoked about that.

And the cartoon of course. I loved it, although it's pretty much unwatchable now, I think

-Pav, who feels the X-Men cartoon still holds up...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Miles Morales, never cared for Peter, still don't.

Thought Miles looked cool and kept reading his series ever since.
    Always been fond of Miles too. Great addition to the spidey family.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

And the cartoon of course. I loved it, although it's pretty much unwatchable now, I think

-Pav, who feels the X-Men cartoon still holds up...
    No it isn't, that cartoon is still one of the best pieces of Spider-Man media yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    No it isn't, that cartoon is still one of the best pieces of Spider-Man media yet.
    Oh, pardon me for feeling differently.

Except for the final Spiderverse episodes, I can't watch it for any long period of time. But I could watch the X-Men cartoon all day.

-Pav, who is allowed to have opinions...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

The original Spidey cartoon. But as far as comics go, it was the Stern/JRJR run that hooked me. I remember all the great stories leading up to the Hobgoblin arc and then that really solidified it for me as a kid.

I continued to read Spider-Man for the most part until OMD and was so incensed at Marvel for doing that, I stopped reading it until I heard how good Slott's run was and decided to come back (to the main Peter book, I was reading Ult Spidey and loving it)
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Oh, pardon me for feeling differently.

Except for the final Spiderverse episodes, I can't watch it for any long period of time. But I could watch the X-Men cartoon all day.

-Pav, who is allowed to have opinions...
    Bad opinions. But I guess still opinions none the less.