Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    Bad opinions. But I guess still opinions none the less.
    That's pretty nice of you to tell us what the proper opinions to have are.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    Bad opinions. But I guess still opinions none the less.
    Is this kind of thing acceptable on these boards? Just straight up telling someone their opinion is bad?

-Pav, who comes here to enjoy fruitful conversation...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

re: the cartoons

being young and into comics in the early/mid 90s was great because of the cartoons. even at that age i recognized that batman was a step above, but the x-men, spider-man, and superman cartoons were all awesome (far, far down the list were the F4, iron man, and hulk toons).

i honestly haven't seen the spider-man cartoon since it aired, so i couldn't speak for how it holds up. i recently re-watched the x-men cartoon, though, and those first four seasons are still pretty great. yeah, the dialogue and animation make you cringe now and then. i get that. but i had a blast running through the show. as kid, there was nothing cooler than the 5-part phoenix saga. that was superhero fiction at its highest peak (for a 12 year old).

is the 90s spider-man show streaming anywhere?

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    re: the cartoons

being young and into comics in the early/mid 90s was great because of the cartoons. even at that age i recognized that batman was a step above, but the x-men, spider-man, and superman cartoons were all awesome (far, far down the list were the F4, iron man, and hulk toons).

i honestly haven't seen the spider-man cartoon since it aired, so i couldn't speak for how it holds up. i recently re-watched the x-men cartoon, though, and those first four seasons are still pretty great. yeah, the dialogue and animation make you cringe now and then. i get that. but i had a blast running through the show. as kid, there was nothing cooler than the 5-part phoenix saga. that was superhero fiction at its highest peak (for a 12 year old).

is the 90s spider-man show streaming anywhere?
    Itunes has all 5 seasons for $15 each...if that helps.
    They've got the 90's FF, Hulk and I think Iron Man shows also.
    And the `82 Hulk and Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends.

Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends cartoon. Firestar was hot.

- Jason G. Carr

The 90's cartoon is what really got me into collecting Spider-Man memorabilia such as the SNES game based on the animated series, the comics most notably during the Clone Saga (haters be gone! ), and which caused me to look further back at the 70's, 80's and very early 90's Spider-Man like Maximum Carnage is what got me addicted to side-scrolling beat 'em up games for a time, and my first introduction to Ultron was in a 70's/early 80's Spider-Man comic with a robotic T-rex/dinosaur.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan84 View Post
    The animated series from the 90s, the action figures from the same period and the clone saga. Loved Ben Reilly. I want him back (no, not Benpool!).
    The 90s animated series was pretty important for me since it featured so much of what made Spider-Man work (the rogues gallery, Peter Parker's difficulties, long-running subplots) in one series that was easy to follow. It was my first exposure to anything close to long-form storytelling involving Spider-Man.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I loved Spider-Man from the animated series of the 90's. I did not see it during its original run. But during repeats in early 2000s. I really loved that show. Its long form of stoytelling and awesome action blew my mind away. There is a special place for it in my heart.

So when the first film came out i was ecstatic. I was so thrilled. I remember waiting on TV just to see the TV spots. No really i would not watch any show but wait for the tv spots. There was this music video by Chad Kroeger. I really loved that. The first two films were breathtaking, the third was a step down but still very good. I am loving the new Spider-Man at MCU.

So i have been a Spider-Man fan without reading any of his books. I have started right now. I am loving Spider-Man RYV very much. I have a soft spot for Mary Jane. And i am loving the adventures of this family. I love this Spider-Man, an older Peter Parker. I like to see superheroes get some kind of happiness and stability. They are constantly struggling and an adorable family at home is what i want to see. Just like in Superman over at DC.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 09-14-2017 at 02:35 AM.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

I honestly cannot remember what drew me to Spidey in the beginning. It might have been various comics or toys. I do know that every Saturday morning I watched Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends religiously. I think I started collecting Amazing Spider-Man in the #260's. I remember picking up a few issues of Marvel Team-Up. It didn't take long, and I was hooked. There have been a couple of times where I parted with my Spider-Man comics, but I have everything back I had plus more I didn't. As far as any of the cartoon series go, I never watched anything except Spidey & His Amazing Friends. The movies for me have been hit or miss. I own every one of them, but I may pass on Spider-Man Homecoming.

Mighty Member

This is always a fun topic to revisit every few months. Marvel was always better at promoting and showing off more characters in their media than DC was. In the very least as individual characters rather than a bunch of team shows. There was even a short lived Silver Surfer cartoon for crying out loud! In fact, I think that the only two cartoons with Spidey that didn't feature guest stars was Spider-Man: the New Animated Series and Spectacular Spider-Man...because of Sony's ownership of the character's media rights at the time. Did your introduction to Spider-Man open your eyes to the Marvel universe as a whole?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    This is always a fun topic to revisit every few months. Marvel was always better at promoting and showing off more characters in their media than DC was. In the very least as individual characters rather than a bunch of team shows. There was even a short lived Silver Surfer cartoon for crying out loud! In fact, I think that the only two cartoons with Spidey that didn't feature guest stars was Spider-Man: the New Animated Series and Spectacular Spider-Man...because of Sony's ownership of the character's media rights at the time. Did your introduction to Spider-Man open your eyes to the Marvel universe as a whole?
    To be fair Batman the brave and the bold did it better then a lot of Marvel shows.
    And even Superman had flash, green lanturn and the legion among others in it.

What got me into spidey (comics) and hooked me was how relatable he was. Fun and funny too.

For decades I thought nothing could change that (the relatability) but OMD did.

I also REALLY liked my vintage spidey and hulk Colorforms. Way over played with in the day lol

Attachment 57229
    Last edited by farmernudie; 11-01-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The 90s Cartoon.

New Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I loved Spider-Man from the animated series of the 90's. I did not see it during its original run. But during repeats in early 2000s. I really loved that show. Its long form of stoytelling and awesome action blew my mind away. There is a special place for it in my heart.

So when the first film came out i was ecstatic. I was so thrilled. I remember waiting on TV just to see the TV spots. No really i would not watch any show but wait for the tv spots. There was this music video by Chad Kroeger. I really loved that. The first two films were breathtaking, the third was a step down but still very good. I am loving the new Spider-Man at MCU.

So i have been a Spider-Man fan without reading any of his books. I have started right now. I am loving Spider-Man RYV very much. I have a soft spot for Mary Jane. And i am loving the adventures of this family. I love this Spider-Man, an older Peter Parker. I like to see superheroes get some kind of happiness and stability. They are constantly struggling and an adorable family at home is what i want to see. Just like in Superman over at DC.
    Several others are mentioning that the cartoon helped. I wonder how important the long form storytelling was, since that is a big part of what makes the series work, but it requires steady access from the reader.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets