Quote Originally Posted by reptarcereal View Post
    No, thanks. They all suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Let's not and say we did. The only Uncanny X-Men I want to read about is
    1) Adult Cyclops
    2) Adult Jean
    3) The REAL Wolverine
    3) Storm

You can round out the rest with whoever else. But I dont want to read about a bunch of d listers.
    The thing is, the book could exist and it wouldn't mean you have to read it. So what's the harm? Is it them having a book at all that's the issue or the fact that it'd be called uncanny?

I feel that several of the current books aren't about characters I care about but it doesn't affect the books that I do like.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

I would love a New X-Men series, don't care what title they give it.

As long as Surge, Hellion, Indra, Mercury and Anole are in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I wouldn't call the New X-Men failed at all, as they were selling very well up until the series ended after Messiah Complex (hell, they were selling better than the current flagship). It's Marvel's rigid adherence to the Sliding Timescale and Status Quo Is God that led to them getting buried in the background. Because letting the NXM advance means they'd actually have to shake up rosters and can't just keep running out the same old characters from the Claremont days (Editorial virtually even SAID as much during one of the X-Positions, commenting that if they let the NXM graduate, where are they going to put them?). Remember, it's not just the New X-Men that are suffering from this; Most of the New Mutants and Generation X are also struggling to find roles more important than wallpaper the past few years.
    I agree with this so much. Marvel has been rolling the dice a lot the last few years on pushing new/minor properties but for the most part the mutants haven't been included (I'm not even going to touch the irony of this in relation to the "diversity" aspect).

I wouldn't just throw the remaining New X-Men in a book and call it Uncanny as that title has some meaning behind it, but I would be more than okay if they joined the "Claremont" crew as actual, useful members that went on missions. I can't remember if Elixir is alive or sane at the moment, but if I was a team leader I'm bringing that guy on every damn mission, either him or Triage.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.