Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041 LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Has anyone read the Zatanna story in DC showcase talent that came out this week?
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Has anyone read the Zatanna story in DC showcase talent that came out this week?
    No, was it good?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    No, was it good?
    Lol. I don't know. I haven't read it yet. Was hoping someone else had.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Lol. I don't know. I haven't read it yet. Was hoping someone else had.
    Well, whoever reads it first should post about it!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

It was a pretty decent one-shot (12 pages including the cover), digging into Zatanna's duals skills as a magican: magic and stagecraft.

spoilers:
    A small village in Italy has to placate a group of demons every 50 years, and the "entertainment" they demand almost always ends with a human sacrifice lest they plunge Italy into blood and darkness. Zatara was the first magician who managed to avoid the human sacrifice, but now the demons are on the lookout for any tricks.

The creators make a good job at integrating Zatanna's dual skills as a magician and performer background, but otherwise doesn't give a strong feel for her personality, but that's hardly to be expected of so short a story. Main story issue I had was that there wasn't enough tension built up—the demons felt more blustery than scary or deadly.

Also, some of the lettering was fiendishly hard to read, due to poor contrasts.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    It was a pretty decent one-shot (12 pages including the cover), digging into Zatanna's duals skills as a magican: magic and stagecraft.

spoilers:
    A small village in Italy has to placate a group of demons every 50 years, and the "entertainment" they demand almost always ends with a human sacrifice lest they plunge Italy into blood and darkness. Zatara was the first magician who managed to avoid the human sacrifice, but now the demons are on the lookout for any tricks.

The creators make a good job at integrating Zatanna's dual skills as a magician and performer background, but otherwise doesn't give a strong feel for her personality, but that's hardly to be expected of so short a story. Main story issue I had was that there wasn't enough tension built up—the demons felt more blustery than scary or deadly.

end of spoilers
    Thanks.Sounds worth checking out at least.

The story sounds like something out of the original, Len Wein Swamp Thing series. Nice.

Thanks.Sounds worth checking out at least.

The story sounds like something out of the original, Len Wein Swamp Thing series. Nice.
    I'd say it'd fit perfectly nice as a backup feature in an anthology magazine. I wouldn't buy the New Talents issue only for that story, but it doesn't do the issue—or Zatanna—any disservice either.

So do you guys think Zee is gonna have a big role to play in Young Justice Outsiders?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    So do you guys think Zee is gonna have a big role to play in Young Justice Outsiders?
    So many awesome characters in YJS3. I hope Zee gets some good stuff...but it's so hard to see what they're going to do to juggle all these characters!

Doesn't look like it from the promos. It looks like all new characters except for Nightwing and Superboy.

Which makes me really not interested in the new season.

It was always kind of weird for me to see Zatanna with Dick and Wallys generation anyways as she's always been with the JL generation .

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Which costume did she use, out of curiosity?
    I think it's been confirmed she's mentoring Traci 13, so we might see that or have it at least mentioned.

It also looks like there's a new (female) Dr. Fate, so what happened to Zatara will probably have to be explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which costume did she use, out of curiosity?
    Brown overcoat for travel, top hat, knee-length gray-blue jacket, elbow-length fishnet gloves, white/light blue corset-vest, black latex or leather pants, black high-heel pumps.

Brown overcoat for travel, top hat, knee-length gray-blue jacket, elbow-length fishnet gloves, white/light blue corset-vest, black latex or leather pants, black high-heel pumps.
    So her Justice League Dark costume ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So her Justice League Dark costume ?
    *checks* Pretty much. Main difference is that in JLD she is more clearly clad for travel, with the hair in a tight braid and a light blue coat with sleeves that can be rolled up. In NTS she has a loose braid/bun and the brown overcloak for traveling, and the long jacket with a more elegant cut that can't be closed. She takes it off for the grand finale.

Those are significant differences. She clearly viewed NTS to be the more important event.

Not a bad look. But I'm still waiting for the classic look to come back.

tumblr_o9hlwlprf11sugb0ko1_1280.jpg