Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Recommendation's Are Welcome

Now in image format!

You forgot to add that Identity Crisis sort of tarnish Zantanna's character and her relationship with the JLA.

Hey guys zatanna is not getting enough panel time in the new52. Would you guys like her to have a second tittle, if so then what?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerwing View Post
    Hey guys zatanna is not getting enough panel time in the new52. Would you guys like her to have a second tittle, if so then what?
    Solo title. Hands down. She deserves it.

If I were writing it? I'd pretty much pick up where Paul Dini left off pre-Flashpoint: having her deal with supernatural crimes and battling supernatural threats from other worlds.

That series was pure gold to me. One of the few books to which I eagerly looked forward every month. And there's no reason at all why Zee couldn't have that yet again in the New 52.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post

If I were writing it? I'd pretty much pick up where Paul Dini left off pre-Flashpoint: having her deal with supernatural crimes and battling supernatural threats from other worlds.

That series was pure gold to me. One of the few books to which I eagerly looked forward every month. And there's no reason at all why Zee couldn't have that yet again in the New 52.
    Dini needs to return. He is one of the few people that can write a great Zatanna. Otherwise no buy for me even if Zee gets a new solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post

Yeah a solo would be great! some of us nightwing had liked the idea of a las vegas/south beach (bludhaven) city in the dcu. So why not give zatanna that city ( scenes dick is know longer nightwing) and have it (excuse my buffy) be built on an mystic hell mouth that draws all kinds of supernatural baddies, demons and mystics to they city.

Also a "las vegas" city for zatanna is great way to give her a job as an magician again.

Zatanna solo written by China Mieville. I's the only way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    You forgot to add that Identity Crisis sort of tarnish Zantanna's character and her relationship with the JLA.
    Hey, I already said it's not a compulsory read and tried to place it as far below as I can.

It's a Recommendation List not a review so I have to at least give the impression of being a neutral party.

Quote Originally Posted by powerwing View Post
    Like others have said, she needs a solo title.

We need Dini back or may be another writer who will stick to what he was trying to build with the character. Zatanna should be DC's answer to Marvel's She Hulk and Dr. Strange. I don't want YJ Zatanna or JLD Zatanna: I want an adult Zatanna who balances between being a stage performer and a superhero who is the go-to-person for any magical crisis plus a full fledged member of the JL. There is something that can be done with the idea that she is one of the few magical characters who isn't constantly trying to find her marbles. I want writers who build on what has come before and tell a story incorporating the best aspects of the character.

For a writer, I think it would be interesting to see a female writer take a crack at the character again. A female artist would be nice too.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Ultimate Member

What annoyed me about Identity Crisis (at least when it came to Zatanna) is the imbalance in the fallout. Zatanna, one of the people who was LEAST supportive of mindwiping Batman, and who was extremely contrite/remorseful, has to spend years parading around the DCU being criticized and apologizing. Meanwhile, people like Black Canary and Hawkman, who were much more supportive of said mind-wipes, NEVER had to apologize and they NEVER had to do the "apology tour." Heck over in Simone's BOP, BC chewed out Batman over his actions towards Oracle and Huntress and said that if he didn't lay off, he's "los her respect." It makes her look like a freaking hypocrite with this hanging over her head. The only other person to apologize to Bruce besides Zee was Green Arrow (who was ALSO reluctant to go along with it and felt really guilty afterwards). Why is it that the most reluctant/remorseful ones have to grovel and be chewed out, but the one's who were all for it got off scott-free, without so much as an "I'm sorry?" That makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    What annoyed me about Identity Crisis (at least when it came to Zatanna) is the imbalance in the fallout. Zatanna, one of the people who was LEAST supportive of mindwiping Batman, and who was extremely contrite/remorseful, has to spend years parading around the DCU being criticized and apologizing. Meanwhile, people like Black Canary and Hawkman, who were much more supportive of said mind-wipes, NEVER had to apologize and they NEVER had to do the "apology tour." Heck over in Simone's BOP, BC chewed out Batman over his actions towards Oracle and Huntress and said that if he didn't lay off, he's "los her respect." It makes her look like a freaking hypocrite with this hanging over her head. The only other person to apologize to Bruce besides Zee was Green Arrow (who was ALSO reluctant to go along with it and felt really guilty afterwards). Why is it that the most reluctant/remorseful ones have to grovel and be chewed out, but the one's who were all for it got off scott-free, without so much as an "I'm sorry?" That makes no sense to me.
    I don't think they had a set plan beyond leading into Infinite Crisis. Zee was left floating in the ether until Dini rescued her. Prior to that the writers such as the one for Catwoman used her to basically do a repeat of the IC plot by revealing that she mindwiped Catwoman which was such bull shit.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

BANNED

I'm curious, I'm only beginning to look for her appearances in the Vertigo series, what was the main difference between her there and her in the DCU proper?

BANNED

I don't think they had a set plan beyond leading into Infinite Crisis. Zee was left floating in the ether until Dini rescued her. Prior to that the writers such as the one for Catwoman used her to basically do a repeat of the IC plot by revealing that she mindwiped Catwoman which was such bull shit.

What made it worse was that she went after Catwoman twice.

Hey, I already said it's not a compulsory read and tried to place it as far below as I can.

It's a Recommendation List not a review so I have to at least give the impression of being a neutral party.

Like others have said, she needs a solo title.

We need Dini back or may be another writer who will stick to what he was trying to build with the character. Zatanna should be DC's answer to Marvel's She Hulk and Dr. Strange. I don't want YJ Zatanna or JLD Zatanna: I want an adult Zatanna who balances between being a stage performer and a superhero who is the go-to-person for any magical crisis plus a full fledged member of the JL. There is something that can be done with the idea that she is one of the few magical characters who isn't constantly trying to find her marbles. I want writers who build on what has come before and tell a story incorporating the best aspects of the character.

For a writer, I think it would be interesting to see a female writer take a crack at the character again. A female artist would be nice too.

huh? I liked the young justice zatanna. I liked zee and nightwing together also.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

if anybody here plays injustice on mobile, zatanna is the current challenge on ios (sadly no android challenge yet).