Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

1) I'm kind of partial to the classic Zatanna's Search.
    2) I love her current JLD look that Reis designed.
    3) single
    4) Hawkman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier X View Post
    1. She was one of the things I liked about Justice League Detroit, but she doesn't really have a standout storyline. So my vote goes to Detective #843 and #844, with Batman and the new Ventriloquist.

2. The outfit she wore in the Detective Comics storyline is my favorite, but I have always liked the outfit she wore in JLA for such a long time, the outfit with the scorpion on her head. It is ridonkulous, but it works when you have great artists like Perez, Heck and Patton drawing it.

3. Not John Constantine. Not Batman. She should go out with Dr. Thirteen for a while. And after every magic spell, he could mansplain why it wasn't really magic.

Actually that could get pretty old pretty fast.

4. Birds of Prey, Night Force, and she should team up with the Metal Men from time to time.
    And why not Batman ? Considering the history they have together and the fact the interactions between both of them are so interesting I cannot see your point there. Also if I remember well, she never looked like an incompetent when Bruce was around if that worries you. Add to the fact that Paul Dini did a great job to set up her using Batman from time to time to boost her popularity and people here know that Zee needs another big push. Making her team leader of the JLD and Constantine out is great but she needs other things to happen her way and one of these things is definitely Batman. You know that definitive boost that Batman can give her. People should know by now that I'm a Batman fanboy (look at my username lol) but I would not mind Batman looking bad to make Zee looks good. Not the first it would happen anyway. For example, make her appear in the next Arkham game so she can save Batman's butt from a certain death. Not an original idea sure but your get my point and more people would notice her. People that are written well around Batman are always noticed by people. I know : I started noticing her because of Batman. Thanks Paul Dini. When that definitive boost is a confirmed success then drop Batman out of her love life. Using Batman wisely while not overshadowing her thats the plan. Oh and make her save the universe at the expense of the Justice League and the Green Lantern Corps. That should help Zee too.
    Last edited by Bat007007; 06-10-2014 at 04:07 PM.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I like Batman and Zee as friends moreso than lovers. By that I mean, I really like their friendship. I do think you're right, though, that we need to have Zatanna save the universe to remind everyone why she's a big deal.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    [COLOR="#B22222"]Okay, here is one possible idea to rejuvenate this place. Got this idea from the Thunderbolt Appreciation thread on the Marvel Comics board.

Quiz time!

Answer the questions below if you want to.

1. What is your favorite comics starring Zatanna? It could be a story arc or single issue.

2. What is your favorite costume for her aside from the classic stage magician costume? See below for the gallery.

3. Who is your preferred love interest for the character?

4. Which character would you like to see her team up with or interact?
    1. Everyday Magic
    2. The second one you posted. I also really like these.
    http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...9/jl-dark1.jpg
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/03/ZDCnU.jpg
    3. I have no idea. Batman? Not for keeps.
    4. Madame Xanadu or Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier X View Post
    3. Not John Constantine. Not Batman. She should go out with Dr. Thirteen for a while. And after every magic spell, he could mansplain why it wasn't really magic.

Actually that could get pretty old pretty fast.
    No, that would be perfect! She could mentor Traci.
    Last edited by coveredinbees; 06-10-2014 at 03:50 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I believe [Scarlet Witch & Zatanna] interact with each other in JLA/Avengers cross over.
    Not as much as one would hope, though, just a panel or two of them firing at each other. The original unfinished 1983 version (by Perez and Conway) gave them a whole fight scene.

They did however sort of fight in one of DeMatteis's issues of The Defenders thanks to the Squadron Supreme, where everybody is a thinly disguised JLA member.

As for the quiz:

1. The first team-up with Batman in Dini's Detective run, 833-4. It has some flaws I can see more clearly now (like the ending is one of those scenes where Zatanna can do anything and there's no reason she even needs Batman in his own book) but seeing Zatanna repair her relationship with Batman after "Identity Crisis" was sweet, the conflict between his mundane world and her magical style was clearly set out, and seeing her reduce the Joker to a gibbering wreck was fun.

2. I'll go for the current JLD costume.

3. I guess it'd have to be Jeff Sloane, not because he's any good as a character but because he's the most prominent example of her having a non-super love interest, and I always prefer DC characters with love interests who aren't super themselves.

4. I'd say Huntress, because of the superpowered/non-superpowered aspect of the team-up and the massive daddy issues both characters have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat007007 View Post
    And why not Batman ? Considering the history they have together and the fact the interactions between both of them are so interesting I cannot see your point there. Also if I remember well, she never looked like an incompetent when Bruce was around if that worries you. Add to the fact that Paul Dini did a great job to set up her using Batman from time to time to boost her popularity and people here know that Zee needs another big push. Making her team leader of the JLD and Constantine out is great but she needs other things to happen her way and one of these things is definitely Batman. You know that definitive boost that Batman can give her. People should know by now that I'm a Batman fanboy (look at my username lol) but I would not mind Batman looking bad to make Zee looks good. Not the first it would happen anyway. For example, make her appear in the next Arkham game so she can save Batman's butt from a certain death. Not an original idea sure but your get my point and more people would notice her. People that are written well around Batman are always noticed by people. I know : I started noticing her because of Batman. Thanks Paul Dini. When that definitive boost is a confirmed success then drop Batman out of her love life. Using Batman wisely while not overshadowing her thats the plan. Oh and make her save the universe at the expense of the Justice League and the Green Lantern Corps. That should help Zee too.
    Well, different folks have different tastes. I started noticing her after Paul Dini used her in JLU and in his Detective Comics run but I prefer them to stay as friends but may have dated in the past like when Bruce was training with Zatara and still occasionally flirt during the present day. Connections like that and Bruce and Selina training with Wildcat makes it feel like a shared universe.

I personally don't like 'Chalant' (Dick/Zee) that was borne out of Young Justice-I don't like YJ or their version of Zee for that matter either but the show, the pairing and those versions of the characters do have their fans. So again, different strokes for different people.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

BANNED

Well, different folks have different tastes. I started noticing her after Paul Dini used her in JLU and in his Detective Comics run but I prefer them to stay as friends but may have dated in the past like when Bruce was training with Zatara and still occasionally flirt during the present day. Connections like that and Bruce and Selina training with Wildcat makes it feel like a shared universe.

I personally don't like 'Chalant' (Dick/Zee) that was borne out of Young Justice-I don't like YJ or their version of Zee for that matter either but the show, the pairing and those versions of the characters do have their fans. So again, different strokes for different people.

I don't mind that Dick/Zee thing in the Young Justice show. I think that was cute at same time and funny and Dick treated Zee with respect unlike some other guy from the main DCU that I don't need to mention here. When Zee is treated with respect I'm happy. Anyway, that Dick/Zee has no chance to happen in the main DCU so I'm cool with that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    I like Batman and Zee as friends moreso than lovers. By that I mean, I really like their friendship. I do think you're right, though, that we need to have Zatanna save the universe to remind everyone why she's a big deal.
    With a possible crisis next year that would be a great time to do so.

I can already imagine the final scene. Just replace Hal with Zee, change the context of course but keep the victory pose :

Oh and keep the little smile too because thats cute.

After so many years, its time for her to start winning the big games so everyone I really mean everyone can see how valuable she is. I want the Trinity saying out loud "Thanks Zee", "Its an honor to have you at our side Zee". She is one of DC top magician after all and its time for DC to respect that fact.
    Last edited by Bat007007; 06-10-2014 at 10:47 PM.

BANNED

I believe they interact with each other in JLA/Avengers cross over.

Then in the Amalgam Universe, they were combined to create the White Witch:

They look awesome as one!

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    They look awesome as one!
    Yep. It's a great design isn't it?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

BANNED

Yep. It's a great design isn't it?

Yes. But why called White Witch?

see-ha-bye

Okay, here is one possible idea to rejuvenate this place. Got this idea from the Thunderbolt Appreciation thread on the Marvel Comics board.

Quiz time!

Answer the questions below if you want to.

1. What is your favorite comics starring Zatanna? It could be a story arc or single issue.

2. What is your favorite costume for her aside from the classic stage magician costume? See below for the gallery.

3. Who is your preferred love interest for the character?

4. Which character would you like to see her team up with or interact?

1. Tough, I'll have to come back to this one.
    2. The current Reis design or the snake head
    3. Single
    4. Aquaman, Vixen and Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison