Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Gd8NBIma-z...+-+zatanna.jpg

One of my all-time favorite Zatanna images. Man does she look fantastic here.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma...bmio1_1280.png

She looks pretty dang good here as well.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Atomica was revealed as a traitor for the Crime Syndicate so she's off the main League but I haven't heard that Element Woman is leaving. Plus, Geoff seems to like larger rosters for his teams so my guess is that we'll see at least 1 more female added within the next 6 months.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=50350

Neither Zee nor Element Woman are anywhere to be seen here. Also, Element Woman also didn't get anything really interesting to do either when she was on the team. It's not enough to just have them on the team, they have to actually get important or interesting stuff to do. Otherwise, they're just glorified wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    1st off, Thanks For Starting this Thread John Venus! :-)

I have always found Zatanna one of the more interesting and Unique heroes of DC with what I know about her. One could say my own fandom of her counterpart of Marvel, The Scarlet Witch helped me with my early fandom of her, but it is also the other way around, Zatanna helped my fandom of Scarlet Witch as well!

Zatanna's long line of being from a Magical family, her blood of the Homo Magi. Her Unique was of not just saying spells, but having to learn a whole new form of talking, backwards to do all her spells, it was just impressive to me, no one else outside of her and her family does it like that in any Comic I know of! Her Superhero theme is just Retro Cool and Lovely Looking, her classic magician's look, female version and top-hat, it one of the themes of DC that I like the most, homage to Retro ages of comics and society. Her look, you know who she is and what she is about right away, it reminds you of when you where young and the who a Magician was and how they look, that is just paying respect to all our experiences growing up IMO!

These are just some of the Reasons I Like this Lovely Lady Hero! I like that Image above as well John Venus, Symbolizes ALL of who Zatanna is and is about and On a Magical Care Indeed! Love it! =D

One of the media forms outside of comics that helped my fandom of Zatanna grow with the show Justice League: Unlimited! Her showing in that show just made her cool, knowledgeable, her voice actress was on par, great attitude, witty and shows how much one of the GREATEST heroes in History has respect towards her, Batman!

Thank you for the compliments, CJStriker

And I agree with all your points. Especially about her costume. It's easily recognizable and you can easily tell what her whole deal is with one glance.

Her voice actress on JLU was Jennifer Hale who did a pretty awesome job voicing the character.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    zatanna young justice
    Meh, probably my least favorite version of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Yes. I love the new look. It's my favorite costume for Zee ever.
    In my head canon, Zatanna has a wardrobe full of all the outfits she's worn in the comics; the stage outfit, the red cape look, the costume with the snake head, her costume in the 2011 ongoing with the thigh highs and cape and her JLD look with the pants and fishnet armlets.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Art by Nebezial

This team up needs to happen. Two of my favorite magical heroes in one setting.

This is the track I associate with Zatanna:

'Every Little Thing She Does is Magic' by The Police:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxkMFgFjC8E

What about you guys?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    This is the track I associate with Zatanna:

'Every Little Thing She Does is Magic' by The Police:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxkMFgFjC8E

What about you guys?

The Police are Always a Great Group John Venus, Nice Choice! ;-)

I heard this Song on my XM Radio a few weeks ago and Thought it went well with my favorite Hero, Scarlet Witch, but also it works equally well with Zatanna as well IMO, Enjoy and also Enjoy the Artwork Below, I feel it goes with the Song Well indeed! :-)

You Made Me Believe In Magic - Bay City Rollers 1977

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Zatanna-181508255
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I love Zee!

She is one of the best characters in the DCU. She's fun, likable, and versatile. You can tell almost any kind of story with her, and I really hope that she gets to shine bright in Justice League Dark now that Constantine has left.

I also really hope that DC is done with portraying Zee as pretty much just "Constantine's girlfriend." I hope to never see that relationship again. Zatanna is a good woman who deserves better than Constantine. She's also a great character in her own right and she doesn't NEED to be attached to ANY other character.

So, yeah. Love Zee. I hope she gets another ongoing sometime soon.
    So no BatZat?

Quote Originally Posted by dangleo61288 View Post
    So no BatZat?
    I like the idea of them having been childhood friends in the past and maybe even dated for a while but aren't compatible for a relationship with each other in the present day as adults with very busy time schedules.

Here is a crazy odd couple:

Zatanna and Tony Stark!

http://billwalko.deviantart.com/art/...uple-339946436

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dangleo61288 View Post
    So no BatZat?
    I like the idea of them having been childhood friends in the past and maybe even dated for a while but aren't compatible for a relationship with each other in the present day as adults with very busy time schedules.

I agree with John Venus.

I think Zee works best as a friend and ally Bruce really trusts and can be comfortable around. Someone who knows him better than most.

I don't mind Zee being a little flirtatious with Bruce from time to time. Hell, being flirtatious is one of Zee's most endearing qualities. But I don't think she should get into a full relationship with Bruce.

For more awesome flirty moments for Zee? I can't recall the book or the issue number, but I seem to recall a Superman story where she basically showed up, solved a magic problem he was having, then stood around flirting with him for a couple minutes. I seem to recall she just ended up kissing him on the cheek and then heading back home.

Am I remembering that right?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    The Police are Always a Great Group John Venus, Nice Choice! ;-)

I heard this Song on my XM Radio a few weeks ago and Thought it went well with my favorite Hero, Scarlet Witch, but also it works equally well with Zatanna as well IMO, Enjoy and also Enjoy the Artwork Below, I feel it goes with the Song Well indeed! :-)

[CENTER]You Made Me Believe In Magic - Bay City Rollers 1977
    Thanks, CJStriker!

Ah, and I finally got the chance to listen to the track you posted. It takes a while for the vid to load over here. It's a good track, not my genre but it was good.

Here is another good music vid dedicated to the character:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSOr0wIABnw

^Bonus points for it being sung by Jeniffer Hale who also voices Zatanna in JLU AND because it's from the Scooby Doo movie which introduced the Hex Girls.

Also pics!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Thank you for the compliments, CJStriker

And I agree with all your points. Especially about her costume. It's easily recognizable and you can easily tell what her whole deal is with one glance.

Her voice actress on JLU was Jennifer Hale who did a pretty awesome job voicing the character.
    Glad indeed to Join the Thread, Thanks for the Welcome John Venus! :-)

Indeed, Jennifer Hale was amazing in her voice acting, she seemed also to be having allot of fun with it as well, that is the talent of a good voice actress their IMO. The only negative was that Zatanna had too good of a showing IMO and really it left me and I am sure you and others wanting more of her, sadly all we got was few seconds cameos.

As for the Look, indeed you know what she is about and it takes no time to think of her theme, that is one of the reasons I like her character so much, it is a unique look you don't expect a Super Hero to where cause it is an all spandex, Cape and battle armor world. But Zatanna's Classic Retro Magician's look is perfect towards her style of comeback and action! ;-)

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I love Zee! She's one of my favorite Leaguers. I'm excited to see where DeMatteis takes her story in JLD now that she's in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    I love Zee! She's one of my favorite Leaguers. I'm excited to see where DeMatteis takes her story in JLD now that she's in charge.
    Welcome to the thread, Mr. Mermaid! Epoh uoy yojne ruoy emit ereh. Ew lla evol eez.

One more pic, this time of Zooey Deschanel:

11b21ca2-2030-4a37-b1e1-bb9e42ee9422.jpg

Not that I am implying anything. No siree. Not me. I am as direct and informative as a Silver Age comic book character.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Welcome to the thread, Mr. Mermaid! Epoh uoy yojne ruoy emit ereh. Ew lla evol eez.

One more pic, this time of Zooey Deschanel:

11b21ca2-2030-4a37-b1e1-bb9e42ee9422.jpg

Not that I am implying anything. No siree. Not me. I am as direct and informative as a Silver Age comic book character.

I liked the woman who played her in Smallville. I think Zatanna's story is direct enough for a solo movie... Plus everyone loves magic.

With Dr. Fate back on Earth-2 , does that make Zatanna Prime Earth's most powerful magic user? If not , who do you guys think would be?