Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    I liked the woman who played her in Smallville. I think Zatanna's story is direct enough for a solo movie... Plus everyone loves magic.
    I think a tv show works best for the character. Paul Dini already laid the ground works for how a Zatanna tv show could be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    With Dr. Fate back on Earth-2 , does that make Zatanna Prime Earth's most powerful magic user? If not , who do you guys think would be?
    Not sure. I still haven't finished JLD yet. If this was still the Pre Nu 52 Zatanna, sure I'll agree but the Nu52 version is different power wise and in terms of character.

A Zee tv show would be clutch. While DC has the reigns for animated movies I wish they had sparked a deal with Netflix like Marvel deal. Give some of their characters their own little series set in-universe to air all at once. Zooey of is a little too goody goody for me to see her playing Zatanna. I see someone with a little more allure and sex appeal, like Mr. Mermaid said the woman who played on her on Smallville was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    A Zee tv show would be clutch. While DC has the reigns for animated movies I wish they had sparked a deal with Netflix like Marvel deal. Give some of their characters their own little series set in-universe to air all at once. Zooey of is a little too goody goody for me to see her playing Zatanna. I see someone with a little more allure and sex appeal, like Mr. Mermaid said the woman who played on her on Smallville was perfect.
    Well, WB seems to be shooting from the hip with no real plan when it comes to their comic book adaptations. If they do a Zatanna tv show, I also want it to be an exploration of the magic side of the DCU with potential for spin offs. Like say with 2-3 characters guest starring per season.

I chose Zooey since I think she has the ability to bring a little more spark to Zatanna's personality and is also incredibly sexy to boot. Whilst Serinda Swan did a good job on her Smallville appearances, there was a good reason why the Arrow show cast Stephen Amell instead of Justin Hartely; you don't want to be associated or tied down with another show's ten year long continuity. Recasting would mean a clean break from the previous iterations and the opportunity to create your own universe without being hampered by continuity.

Oh no, I definitely agree that they need to recast. I was saying how Serinda had the "look" that I see for Zatanna. If they put her back in something then that's more of the lines I think they should go with. If not I'd love to see Alison Brie. <3

Last edited by Psycwave; 05-07-2014 at 03:05 PM.

Oh no, I definitely agree that they need to recast. I was saying how Serinda had the "look" that I see for Zatanna if they put her back in something then that's more of the lines I think they should go with. If not I'd love to see Alison Brie. <3

:drool:

I knew she was cute, but look how great she looks all dolled up!

Great choice

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

First time I saw Zee was in the Limited Collector's Edition issue for the Justice League of America circa 1976:

lce46pinup.jpg

Really fell in love with the character when she joined the JLA as a regular a few years later.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Magick is Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post

Great choice
    This right here; man, she would kill it as Zee.

Oh no, I definitely agree that they need to recast. I was saying how Serinda had the "look" that I see for Zatanna if they put her back in something then that's more of the lines I think they should go with. If not I'd love to see Alison Brie. <3
    Oh I agree about Serinda having the look. I just think it's important to create distinctions between different adaptations of the character and to cast an actor who can bring something new to the table.

I agree about Allison Brie. She is another good choice for the role.

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post

Great choice
    Brie has the ability to go seamlessly from looking a shy girl next door to a sexy vixen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    First time I saw Zee was in the Limited Collector's Edition issue for the Justice League of America circa 1976:

lce46pinup.jpg

Really fell in love with the character when she joined the JLA as a regular a few years later.
    Any notable arcs or moments from that run? I have created this recommendation list for Zatanna (see pg. 1) but it still has some holes in it such as her time on the JLA with the exception of 'Zatanna's Search' and the issue where she joined the League. I am looking for story arcs that centered around her or ones that had her doing something prominent in it. Moments that are important to her growth as a character counts as well even if it's just a page or two.

BANNED

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    This is the track I associate with Zatanna:

'Every Little Thing She Does is Magic' by The Police:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxkMFgFjC8E

What about you guys?

Good choice. Zee agrees with you:
    zatanna ringtone.jpgzatanna ringtone2.jpg

From her appearance in Power Girl. There is literally nothing I don't love about that sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Vain View Post
    Good choice. Zee agrees with you:
    zatanna ringtone.jpgzatanna ringtone2.jpg

From her appearance in Power Girl. There is literally nothing I don't love about that sequence.
    Nice to see stuff like this happen in the actual comics themselves. The phone part is awesome and makes great deal of sense.

I forgot but here is another song that fits Zatanna:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p_1QSUsbsM

Though it could also work as an anthem for all magical characters but the cheery pop feel of the song makes it a better fit for Zee.

Last edited by John Venus; 05-08-2014 at 03:05 PM.

Man, I leave for a day and this place is dead.

Some pics to liven things up again.

Art by the great Brian Stelfreeze:

Art by the wonderful Frank Cho:

No matter how many times I look at this pic, it's like a photo shoot gone wrong:

By Dustin Ngyuen.

I haven't been neglecting this thread. In fact, I am putting together something special for this little group but the dearth of activity here saddens me. Though it's understandable given that we have so little to talk about at the moment.

So for now, here is something interesting:

The White Witch aka The Amalgam version of Zatanna and the Scarlet Witch.

I know CJStriker would get a kick out of it seeing as she (or he?) is a huge Scarlet Witch fan.

This is actually a pretty cool design. The colours blend in wonderfully together. I love the white leotard, the red cape and especially the white streak on her hair. The last one really brought the whole design full circle. I almost regret the fact that the character didn't last long.

Last edited by John Venus; 05-12-2014 at 02:02 PM.

So yeah, about that thing I was working. Here you go:

Did you know Zatanna has her own Rogues Gallery?

One of the most interesting things about the 'Zatanna's Search' crossover was that it had introduced several magical enemies for her to fight. Some of them would disappear after their first appearance, others would be recurring but almost all of them are in limbo now. Allura (not Supergirl's mom) is the closest Zatanna has to an arch nemesis with Brother Night coming a close second. Some of these characters had interesting concepts but they need to be updated for modern audiences. For example, the villain Druid lives in a sub atomic world that exists on an atom. Zatanna needed Ray Palmer's help to travel to that world and it has mystical creatures and has a 'Sword & Sorcery' look to it. Warlock lives in a place that's referred to as 'The Other Side of the World'. There is a certain part of the world that acts as a gateway to that world but you can't get escape from it unless you are a proficient magic user. The place is stuck in an eternal present, it's just forests and trees with no huge geological and climate changes occurring in there. The people who travel there never ages and are stuck there for eternity. Warlock lives on that world and wants to come to ours in order to destroy it.

Allura comes from a different world herself and is intriguing because she is split into both light and dark selves with her dark half wanting to destroy Zatanna and Zatara. She has returned 3 different times according to what I have found and not in one series but in three different series's. However, she hasn't appeared in the 90's or 00's AFAIK. One reason I started this thread was to highlight and bring to attention stuff like this that a lot of people don't know about and are pretty obscure.

BANNED