Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

marshall99, can you post the second half of the second image?

And which comics are these from anyway?

Her hair looks so good in those images. <3

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    So yeah, about that thing I was working. Here you go:

Did you know Zatanna has her own Rogues Gallery?

One of the most interesting things about the 'Zatanna's Search' crossover was that it had introduced several magical enemies for her to fight. Some of them would disappear after their first appearance, others would be recurring but almost all of them are in limbo now. Allura (not Supergirl's mom) is the closest Zatanna has to an arch nemesis with Brother Night coming a close second. Some of these characters had interesting concepts but they need to be updated for modern audiences. For example, the villain Druid lives in a sub atomic world that exists on an atom. Zatanna needed Ray Palmer's help to travel to that world and it has mystical creatures and has a 'Sword & Sorcery' look to it. Warlock lives in a place that's referred to as 'The Other Side of the World'. There is a certain part of the world that acts as a gateway to that world but you can't get escape from it unless you are a proficient magic user. The place is stuck in an eternal present, it's just forests and trees with no huge geological and climate changes occurring in there. The people who travel there never ages and are stuck there for eternity. Warlock lives on that world and wants to come to ours in order to destroy it.

Allura comes from a different world herself and is intriguing because she is split into both light and dark selves with her dark half wanting to destroy Zatanna and Zatara. She has returned 3 different times according to what I have found and not in one series but in three different series's. However, she hasn't appeared in the 90's or 00's AFAIK. One reason I started this thread was to highlight and bring to attention stuff like this that a lot of people don't know about and are pretty obscure.

Thank you for sharing! Zatanna solo series series by Paul Dini is fun and interesting. It seems Brother Night is the most dangerous? He killed 13 children!

Quote Originally Posted by Kencana View Post
    Thank you for sharing! Zatanna solo series series by Paul Dini is fun and interesting. It seems Brother Night is the most dangerous? He killed 13 children!
    You are welcome!

He is certainly the most homicidal out of all the ones in the list. The rest are mostly dicks but powerful and evil dicks......wait that came out wr...no that's not right either.

Anyway, Brother Night is the deadliest and Oscar Hampton is the creepiest opponent Zatanna has faced.

All-New Member

I like Zee and Constantine is my favorite comic character of all time. It was fun to see her show up and smoke weed in Hellblazer, but I was getting annoyed that people kept trying to make them an item. That was never really a thing.
    Mighty Thor, Unworthy Thor, Karnak, Punisher, Daredevil
    Superman, Wonder Woman, Doom Patrol, The Hellblazer, Midnighter and Apollo
    Kill or Be Killed, Providence, Black Monday Murders

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    I like Zee and Constantine is my favorite comic character of all time. It was fun to see her show up and smoke weed in Hellblazer, but I was getting annoyed that people kept trying to make them an item. That was never really a thing.
    I agree. I feel about them the same way I feel about the GA/BC; great characters on their own but individually they end up eating into each other and are less appealing.

'Zatanna: Everyday Magic' may not have been the best portrayal of Constantine in terms of competency but I prefer how Dini handled their interactions as opposed to how Gaiman handled it on Books of Magic (where she came across as 'Constantine's GF' right down to 'hey I could have handled it myself even though I wasn't'). In Z:EM, they felt like collegues and old friends who annoy the crap out of each other. That makes way more sense than pairing them up, a pairing which never worked for me at all.

Pics!

Some portraits this time.

By George Perez:

By Phil Jiminez

By Evan Shaner:

Last edited by John Venus; 05-15-2014 at 01:23 PM.

Is "Black Canary and Zatanna: Bloodspell" gonna be oneshot or series?
    Two of my favorite heroes are going to team up. I'm so happy.

BANNED

marshall99, can you post the second half of the second image?

And which comics are these from anyway?

1st pic = JLA 226

2nd pic = Teen Titans V2 4

3rd pic = Supergirl v1 4

Quote Originally Posted by Kencana View Post
    Is "Black Canary and Zatanna: Bloodspell" gonna be oneshot or series?
    Two of my favorite heroes are going to team up. I'm so happy.
    It's a full blown graphic novel.

It is supposed to come out on May 21st but there are reviews out already:

http://www.readingreview.com/comics/...loodspell.html

http://talkingcomicbooks.com/2014/04...dspell-review/

And it's listed on Amazon for Pre-ordering:

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Canary-Z.../dp/1401210546

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    1st pic = JLA 226

2nd pic = Teen Titans V2 4

3rd pic = Supergirl v1 4

Thank you.

I need to catch up on her back up title on Supergirl.

Last edited by John Venus; 05-16-2014 at 03:18 AM.

Cosplay pics!

From the great Meagan Marie from way back in 2008.

I was going to wait till this thread had garnered a few more replies before posting this but since I shared this already on my tumblr, I will go ahead anyway.

Last edited by John Venus; 05-17-2014 at 09:15 PM.

Can't wait to get the upcoming New 52 Zatanna figure from DC Collectibles (they are doing John also, hope they get to make the rest of the JLD):

My wife is really looking forward to getting the Bombshells Zee too:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahzian View Post
    Can't wait to get the upcoming New 52 Zatanna figure from DC Collectibles (they are doing John also, hope they get to make the rest of the JLD):

My wife is really looking forward to getting the Bombshells Zee too:

Those figures are awesome. I don't like Zee's new costume but the figure actually makes it look better. I don't like the new outfit because it's so uncreative; it's like she woke up one day and decided to wear the top half of her 80's costume and the bottom of her 2011 ongoing costume.

The Bombshell figure does a really job of capturing her character while adding a classy retro feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post

I love Book of Magic but this is literally the only moment I don't like from that series. Zatanna is surrounded by monsters and she loses her nerve. That was a very OOC for. I read some of the Zatanna stories from before this book and she is always getting chucked into different worlds and dimensions sometimes with someone to protect. This is nothing new to her. She has even been on the JLA for more than a hundred issues. The Zatanna I know would have gotten a spell out and cleaned their clocks or at least teleported out of that place with ease.

Worse yet was when Gaiman had her tell Constantine, who just saved her, "I could have handled it you know!". Is this Zatanna or a girl from a generic shounen manga?

It's just another example of a writer tearing down one character to build up another and I say this as someone who likes Constantine in Books of Magic. It's really no wonder why she is so weak in JLD books if they are drawing inspiration for her character from moments like these.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Those figures are awesome. I don't like Zee's new costume but the figure actually makes it look better. I don't like the new outfit because it's so uncreative; it's like she woke up one day and decided to wear the top half of her 80's costume and the bottom of her 2011 ongoing costume.
    I think that's actually the reason I love her current costume. It's a nice blending if her superhero and stage magician looks. Also, I'm just glad we're rid of her goth-chick getup.

I will definitely be getting that figure.