Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 42 of 42
  1. #31
    Invincible Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    24,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    If Arcudi isnít going to do it then I hope it is Tonci. He nailed the Lobster story published in 2018 Winter Special.
    Problem with that is the length of that story. It was good, but how would he handle the writing of a full-issue story or even a longer multi-issue tale?
    (Though it would be nice to see how he does on a full-issue story.)

  2. #32
    Spectacular Member karatattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    125

    Default

    I read a review of the new Hellboy film today, and Lobster Johnson makes a brief appearance, played by Thomas Haden Church.

  3. #33
    Invincible Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    24,604

    Default

    I keep waiting for word on if/when we may (ever?) see any new stories with the Lobster, but . . .

  4. #34
    Extraordinary Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I keep waiting for word on if/when we may (ever?) see any new stories with the Lobster, but . . .
    I love this character so much.
    The pulp era feel, the costume, the fact that he basically exists in two different states and eras.
    He’s a really special creation.

    That’s...pretty much all I wanted to say!

  5. #35
    BANNED Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,120

    Default

    I think the post Allie, Arcudi/Mignola fallout might be hindering any new LoJo.

    I could also be wildly off base here.

  6. #36
    Invincible Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    24,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I think the post Allie, Arcudi/Mignola fallout might be hindering any new LoJo.

    I could also be wildly off base here.
    How much was Allie involved in Lobster Johnson (beyond editing)?

  7. #37
    BANNED Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,120

    Default

    I don't know. It doesn't matter. Arcudi called out Mignola for knowing about and ignoring the Allie stuff for longer than he let on. There was also some issues between them over the recent Hellboy movie, I believe?

    Guy Davis got in to it, too. Turns out it is part of why he left BPRD.

    I really hope I'm remembering this right. I don't want to drag names and be wrong. But I remember the Allie stuff coming up and basically nothing out of team Mignola. Only Allie getting promoted to writing the books. Which was problematic, but he was dealing with his stuff, it was said.

    Anyone, please correct me if I am wrong.

  8. #38
    Astonishing Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I don't know. It doesn't matter. Arcudi called out Mignola for knowing about and ignoring the Allie stuff for longer than he let on. There was also some issues between them over the recent Hellboy movie, I believe?

    Guy Davis got in to it, too. Turns out it is part of why he left BPRD.

    I really hope I'm remembering this right. I don't want to drag names and be wrong. But I remember the Allie stuff coming up and basically nothing out of team Mignola. Only Allie getting promoted to writing the books. Which was problematic, but he was dealing with his stuff, it was said.

    Anyone, please correct me if I am wrong.
    Yeah, I think that's about it and I think its a big part of the low out put in general.

  9. #39
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,713

    Default

    Guy Davis statements:

    regarding DarkHorse/BPRD~ I quit the series in 2011 because of the toxic behavior of Allie, Mignola, Arcudi and cut all contact. In 2015 with news of Allie’s assaults and DH “response”, I cancelled The Marquis HC from DH (which never had a contract for them to solicit)

    To clarify my leaving BPRD in 2011, that was due to a toxic work environment with the team. I had no knowledge of Scott’s harassments until announced in 2015
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  10. #40
    BANNED Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,120

    Default

    Interesting. I hadn't seen that from Guy.

    The assumption had always been that concept work on films was why he left.

    I looked up the Arcudi stuff, and I was correct. Those tweets and statements have since been deleted by Arcudi, but the internet remembers.

  11. #41
    Invincible Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    24,604

    Default

    By the way, is that what I think it is on the cover for November's one-shot Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.: 1957--Forgotten Lives?

  12. #42

    Default

    It is indeed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •