Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Lobster Johnson: what's next?

Well, we just got the Lobster Johnson: Mangekyo one-shot this month, and a tpb collection (Vol. 5) is due out towards the end of the year.

Any hints yet as to if / when / what a new Lobster Johnson tale will be available in the foreseeable future?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I don't know anything on that front though I hope we get back to Memnan Saa in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, we just got the Lobster Johnson: Mangekyo one-shot this month, and a tpb collection (Vol. 5) is due out towards the end of the year.
    And tpb Vol. 6 (A Chain Forged in Life) is due out in March (2018).
    But still no word of when any new stories may be coming, I guess.

Given the ending of The Pirate's Ghost, my hope for what's next is a Chicago arc.

I'd love to see a Zinco–Davis Laboratories arc with Detective Norvell Cooper in 1938, after the run-in with Stanley Corn.

Oh, and I'd love to see the Lobster stumble into some of Sir Edward's history from 1914 to 1916, when he was active in New York and Chicago. There's something interesting to me about them having to learn what really happened in an Edward Grey incident, especially if the crew were essentially children when Sir Edward was active.
    Last edited by middenway; 10-14-2017 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Oh, and I'd love to see the Lobster stumble into some of Sir Edward's history from 1914 to 1916, when he was active in New York and Chicago. There's something interesting to me about them having to learn what really happened in an Edward Grey incident, especially if the crew were essentially children when Sir Edward was active.
    And you could even make it a story where Sir Edward dealt with a menace back in his day and it was defeated by being trapped in something (a sarcophagus, a statue, or whatever) only to be accidently released again (by clumsy workmen in a museum?) during the Lobster's time period.
    It could be a five-issue arc where the odd-numbered issues focus on the Lobster during his time, then the two even-numbered issues focus on Sir Edward dealing with the problem back during his era.

Still hoping a new Lobster Johnson issue / arc will get announced (real) soon . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Still hoping a new Lobster Johnson issue / arc will get announced (real) soon . . . .
    Me three...

And cannibals. Just because.

Last edited by Harry McTell; 12-30-2017 at 08:16 PM.

Well, we're hearing about plans for Sir Edward, so maybe there'll also be some new Lobster Johnston stories in the not-too-distant future, too?

(Or at least maybe another Lobster Johnson novel by Thomas E. Sniegoski?)

Though I might as well place some of the Lobster Johnson drawings here that middenway has been kind enough to share in his Mignolaversity updates from time to time.

from the February 2018 news update

a commission by Patric Reynolds from April 2018's news update

a commission drawn by Toni Fejzula shared in the May 2018 news update
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 12-22-2018 at 06:48 PM. Reason: replaced image that apparently no longer linked

= sigh! =

Next month (August 2018) will mark one year since a new issue of Lobster Johnson was last released.

I'm always hopeful a new adventure will be announced sometime soon . . .

New Lobster Johnson story included in Hellboy Winter Special 2018
    (in case anybody wasn't aware of it)
    . . .

I would love to see Zonjic write and draw a LJ series.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I would love to see Zonjic write and draw a LJ series.
    I'd like to see ALMOST ANYBODY write and/or draw a Lobster Johnson series!

His appearances are way too far-and-few-between for me!

I'm still holding off buying the 6 TPB of Lobster... Vol.1-3 are pretty expensive right now. I have everything related to the Hellboy universe but these stories. I really wish they'll release 2 Omnibus editions soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Morsoth View Post
    I'm still holding off buying the 6 TPB of Lobster... Vol.1-3 are pretty expensive right now. I have everything related to the Hellboy universe but these stories. I really wish they'll release 2 Omnibus editions soon.
    By "expensive", do you mean "close to list price"?

I checked the barnesandnoble.com site here in the U.S. and they had Lobster Johnson Volume 1: The Iron Prometheus for $17.55 (about 2% less than the SRP of $17.99 here in the U.S.).