Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

That's the thing, I'm in Canada, not in the US. Shipping cost is ridiculously high if I buy from the US, and here in Canada, the first 3 are OOP and sellers have jumped the prices way over the SRP.

Quote Originally Posted by Morsoth View Post
    That's the thing, I'm in Canada, not in the US. Shipping cost is ridiculously high if I buy from the US, and here in Canada, the first 3 are OOP and sellers have jumped the prices way over the SRP.
    That's why I specified "here in the U.S." for my information since I didn't know about how things would be in Canada.
    As for shipping costs, I tend to buy all my books (including collected editions of comic books) from Barnes & Noble because for a $25.00 annual membership fee (which is paid for by "Santa Claus") I get free shipping here in the U.S. for books I buy directly from them and a 10% discount on books I buy in a Barnes & Noble store (I've got one over in a neighboring town).
    Don't know if/how that works for Canada, however.

I say that since they have opened up the time line with the Winter special maybe explore some of the previous untapped years of Lobster Johnson dispensing justice.

Keep waiting for a new Lobster Johnson issue (not the luchador wrestler version in the coming Hellboy vs. Lobster Johnson: The Ring of Death one-shot in May).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Keep waiting for a new Lobster Johnson issue (not the luchador wrestler version in the coming Hellboy vs. Lobster Johnson: The Ring of Death one-shot in May).
    Other than the occasional one shot, we may not get any more. They filled out 1932-37. It might be why we’ve got a ‘30 adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    Other than the occasional one shot, we may not get any more. They filled out 1932-37. It might be why we’ve got a ‘30 adventure.
    Yeah, but we know he’s around until 1939. Seems like there’s still a little more to tell.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
    Yeah, but we know he’s around until 1939. Seems like there’s still a little more to tell.
    I don’t know about that! The whole thing with Stanley Corn was set in 38, and we’ve seen both the exploding train and Hunte Castle in ‘39. The Iron Prometheus ending really looks to round out his vigilante days, (even though it was the first mini-series) with him not finding justice for Memnaa Saa until he shows up in BPRD, and The Pirate’s Ghost got rid of his other main antagonist. The Crimson Lotus operates well beyond The Lobster’s Death, Raimund Dietzel goes down in Sledgehammer ‘44, and we know Harry McTell moves on from the Lobster during the war. Other than unnecessary exposition of his scientist hunting, or random one shots, we really only have his wartime missions to explore, and I don’t really know if the’d have anything new to say that we haven’t already seen other than us finding out all of his secrets. Recent posters have convinced me I really don’t want to know why it is his ghost is so different to everyone else’s, or why he seems to be nigh indestructible (until he isn’t.)

I want more, but I don’t think we need it.

The Claw of Justice!

It seemed to me like John Arcudi is done with the Mignolaverse after Crimson Lotus, so I don't know what that means for Lobster Johnson.

I had wondered if we would ever see Detective Eckerd again after he joined the FBI. I know he was in The Glass Mantis but I thought it was leading up to something bigger.
    @lobster20000 on Instagram

Maybe they could have The Lobster inspire somebody to act in a similar capacity on the homefront during the war?
    Not somebody who pretends to be The Lobster, but perhaps somebody finds his underground headquarters after it's been deserted and continues investigating mysteries/crimes using that as a base of operations?

All-New Member

I think we could still see a story or two of activity between Pirate's Ghost (1936) and Iron Prometheus (1937). I personally would love to see the lobster go to Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I think we could still see a story or two of activity between Pirate's Ghost (1936) and Iron Prometheus (1937). I personally would love to see the lobster go to Chicago.
    Yeah, I really want to see that Chicago story. I suspect that the 1937-39 plan is going to be so focused on the major Lobster lore, there won't be room for short stories, so the shorter one-shot type stories will end up being set in 1930-31.

I just hope neither Roberson or Allie take over LoJo. It'd be great if Mike wrote it. I won't hold my breath, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I just hope neither Roberson or Allie take over LoJo. It'd be great if Mike wrote it. I won't hold my breath, though.
    Or maybe we could get a guest one-shot written by, say, Matt Wagner?

(I know that seems totally unlikely, but . . . )

The only Lobster Johnson story I've read is Metal Monsters of Midtown, which I enjoyed.

All-New Member

If Arcudi isn’t going to do it then I hope it is Tonci. He nailed the Lobster story published in 2018 Winter Special.