Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    It wasn't ever properly explained why he is so cool with it, considering he was friends with a lot of Ultimate Peter's peers (like Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy) who either don't exist (Gwen, dead) or are older (MJ) in this "616-Prime" universe. Apparently, Miles closest supporting cast made the crossover into the Prime Universe (Rio, Ganke) but what about say, any cousins Ganke may have had? Or non-family members that Miles may have interacted with on a regular basis (shopkeepers, school faculty, etc.)? It'd be particularly problematic for the people who were saved but were not in the life raft, because they have absolutely no idea why certain friends or family no longer exist.
    Marvel has the tendency to just consider that the Ultimate characters think the 616 people they interact with is normal. So we don't have to think family or friends are all here in the ANAD.

"One day, Miles and Family and a few friends woke up in the 616. Nobody thought it was odd". I think that's how Marvel would reason it.

Yeah, I'm sorry but the big selling point behind this whole sequel was "What did Peter see on his computer about the 616 Miles Morales." And five years later, we get THIS?! Weak sauce.

Stillanerd Reviews: Spider-Men II #2 review
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Yeah, I'm sorry but the big selling point behind this whole sequel was "What did Peter see on his computer about the 616 Miles Morales." And five years later, we get THIS?! Weak sauce.

Stillanerd Reviews: Spider-Men II #2 review
    Did we ever care about the other Miles in the first place?

(FYI, I think that this Taskmaster looks more like Casey Jones on steroids than Skeletor.)

so far this series has been pretty bad in my opinion. soooo much standing around and talking, which is fine, except that the characters are parrots of one another and it's frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    It wasn't ever properly explained why he is so cool with it, considering he was friends with a lot of Ultimate Peter's peers (like Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy) who either don't exist (Gwen, dead) or are older (MJ) in this "616-Prime" universe. Apparently, Miles closest supporting cast made the crossover into the Prime Universe (Rio, Ganke) but what about say, any cousins Ganke may have had? Or non-family members that Miles may have interacted with on a regular basis (shopkeepers, school faculty, etc.)? It'd be particularly problematic for the people who were saved but were not in the life raft, because they have absolutely no idea why certain friends or family no longer exist.
    The people who were saved who were not in the life raft don't remember their old world or those people that no longer exist. Just like when Doom first had people on Battleworld thinking that's all that ever existed.

Hmm you know, I don't know why it just st occurred to me but is it possible that the 616 Miles has had cosmetic surgeries to change his appearance that he doesn't look like Miles? I mean, his reaction upon seeing Miles without his mask has to mean something given there's no real reason to react as such with someone who doesn't have any kind of relation to him.