Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Spidermen II #2 Spoilers

It wasn't too bad. Some of Bendis' decompression is very slow, but did Rodriguez look like she said yes to the date? I think not. But.... why did she show up out of the blue like that? No arrangement, just "hello Miles"? She seems attracted, and wants to be with him.

Spoilers

There's a lot of time jumping again, and the Spidermen battle Taskmaster who it turns out, works for the 616 Miles Morales. And here's the stickler - we learn the OMG moment Peter had years ago, was because he could find no reference to a Miles Morales in the 616. So Peter hires Jessica Cage and she can't find squat on Miles either. But we see him walking around clear as day in the ANAD right now, talking to Taskmaster instructing him to kill both Spidermen, so how is it he doesn't come up in any data feeds, anywhere, ever? I'm thinking the 616 Miles retreated to the Ultimate Universe very early on in his carreer before he even popped up, because that portal to the UU looks like it was in common use.

End of Spoilers

It's a very curious existence, the 616 Miles. He has a mansion, but he doesn't exist. The only people I know of like that are high end assassins, who kill anyone they come in contact with, so nobody has knowledge of them.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-17-2017 at 06:40 PM.

It's weird to see all this development with Miles' new love interest happening outside the main Miles book.

Peter taking fashion cues Eddie Brock with the black shirt and jeans.

I wonder how many people know that Peter and Jessica Jones went to high school together. It doesn't come up that much and you never see at the Midtown High Reunions...

I guess Jessica Drew still brings out her classic costume every now and then .

The assassin option is a possibility as he seemed very confident when he said he'd kill Taskmaster, which is no easy task. He also has some major funds with a mansion, a private jet, and the ability to hire Taskmaster.

Incredible Member

So it shows Peter mentioning he is only a few years older than Miles.... miles is almost 17 if I recall from the spider Gwen crossover with miles, how old does Bendis think he is? A few years older I'd get if it was ultimate Peter talking but come on 616 Peter is clearly very late 20's to early 30's now

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    And here's the stickler - we learn the OMG moment Peter had years ago, was because he could find no reference to a Miles Morales in the 616.
    What an underwhelming cop out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Nothing was ever going to live up to the hype of that cliffhanger, especially given how long ago it was.

I'll be honest here. It's kind of boring. It's not terrible, or even bad. But I'm just not interested in what happens next. The mystery isn't intriguing at all for me.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Am I the only one that thinks that the adult Miles looks curiously UNLIKE the young one?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks that the adult Miles looks curiously UNLIKE the young one?
    Am I the only one who thinks his skin looks a lot lighter then the young Miles ?

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I'll be honest here. It's kind of boring. It's not terrible, or even bad. But I'm just not interested in what happens next. The mystery isn't intriguing at all for me.
    Agreed.

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I must say, scarred, 616, older Miles looks a lot more Hispanic, than African American Ultimate Miles. Even hair colour is brown, I think? I don't know if that was artist interpretation, or, that was supposed to be the case. We'll have to wait and see if this image becomes defined, or, it reverts back to the typical image of Miles as we know him.

These developments of 616 Miles (and Parkers sister in Spectacular) are interesting to me, in that it expands the dimension of the characters. They could have done this with an inter-universe crossover of hundreds of Miles Morelas' too, and shown us all the variations of what could happen to Miles, but this focuses down to just this universes Miles being an influence on Ultimate Miles. It's like 616 Miles is saying "What are you doing in my universe. This is mine". The elephant in the room since ANAD started, was, how much of Ultimate Miles world infected across to the ANAD? Whole neighbourhoods? A lot was transformed because Miles was absorbed into the ANAD. Was 616 Miles affected when Ultimate Miles landed in his world? I think he did get affected. Badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    So it shows Peter mentioning he is only a few years older than Miles.... miles is almost 17 if I recall from the spider Gwen crossover with miles, how old does Bendis think he is? A few years older I'd get if it was ultimate Peter talking but come on 616 Peter is clearly very late 20's to early 30's now
    Yeah, I thought that was weird as well. There is no reason for Peter to lie or quip about his age in his internal monologue. So either Marvel has de-aged Peter to very early twenties, Miles is aging at a faster rate than everyone else in the 616, or Bendis forgot which version of Peter Parker he was writing.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Yeah, I thought that was weird as well. There is no reason for Peter to lie or quip about his age in his internal monologue. So either Marvel has de-aged Peter to very early twenties, Miles is aging at a faster rate than everyone else in the 616, or Bendis forgot which version of Peter Parker he was writing.
    Or Bendis was just making a joke ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or Bendis was just making a joke ?
    I considered that but it unless it's some kind of meta commentary it just doesn't really make any sense in this context.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's weird to see all this development with Miles' new love interest happening outside the main Miles book.

Peter taking fashion cues Eddie Brock with the black shirt and jeans.

I wonder how many people know that Peter and Jessica Jones went to high school together. It doesn't come up that much and you never see at the Midtown High Reunions...

I guess Jessica Drew still brings out her classic costume every now and then .
    rule of thumb, Bendis only works within his own continuity. Jessica still wears her original costume in his continuity. and, when Bendis isn't writing, Peter Parker has no friggin clue who Jessica Jones was. same goes for Peter's age (this isn't the first time it has come up).