Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I considered that but it unless it's some kind of meta commentary it just doesn't really make any sense in this context.
    what's weird is that, in Alias, he had Jessica Jones refer to Spider-man as a little kid (after encountering him) to Carol Danvers. but that was before he then decide that Jessica Jones went to Peter's high school. it was bizarre.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    what's weird is that, in Alias, he had Jessica Jones refer to Spider-man as a little kid (after encountering him) to Carol Danvers. but that was before he then decide that Jessica Jones went to Peter's high school. it was bizarre.
    That was because at the time Alias was occurring, Spider-Man's identity was still secret. Jessica only found out when he unmasked to the New Avengers during Dark Reign, to prove that he was the real Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's weird to see all this development with Miles' new love interest happening outside the main Miles book.
    i had the same thought. i was thinking about skipping this or maybe trade waiting but i guess its a good thing i didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I considered that but it unless it's some kind of meta commentary it just doesn't really make any sense in this context.
    I think it's a bit meta. Like, how everyone's 40+ mom will joke that she's turning 25 every birthday. She's joking, but inside, she's insecure about being old.

Here, Peter, who's supposed to be late 20s, is making a similar joke. It would be meta because Marvel are insecure about him being old.

BANNED

this is ending up to be another sitting under tree crossover which will have them meandering purposelessly and miles agitating about having a other criminal miles just like he was about his father's evil doppleganger.eventually every miles character will have a doppleganger and Bendis will write his ultimate storyline the interdimensional doppelganger saga.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LASERlips View Post
    I think it's a bit meta. Like, how everyone's 40+ mom will joke that she's turning 25 every birthday. She's joking, but inside, she's insecure about being old.

Here, Peter, who's supposed to be late 20s, is making a similar joke. It would be meta because Marvel are insecure about him being old.
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    this is ending up to be another sitting under tree crossover which will have them meandering purposelessly and miles agitating about having a other criminal miles just like he was about his father's evil doppleganger.eventually every miles character will have a doppleganger and Bendis will write his ultimate storyline the interdimensional doppelganger saga.
    So, his own version of Spider-Verse or the Infinity War (which did have the superheroes facing off against doppelgangers of themselves), but more Miles-centric?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    So, his own version of Spider-Verse or the Infinity War (which did have the superheroes facing off against doppelgangers of themselves), but more Miles-centric?
    Whatever he feels like doing. He could mix elements of both storylines or could come up with his own special decognitive storyline where they just keep on rambling about how each of their doppelganger is a random evil twin who has a inexplicable urge to kill their other selves and what are they going to do about it.

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

Best thing about this book is Taskmaster being featured, although can't say I'm a fan of this costume, original or UDON look, either would've been better. And what was up with that sword? Although I did like the energy throwing stars, I'm guessing their similar to the energy shield he used to use. Having not read much Miles before this book, I did have a question. Where did Miles get his webshooters? Web fluid? Has this ever been established? I'm also having a hard time buying that any of the characters from the Ultimate Universe, especially Miles are so well adjusted and fit in with the Marvel Universe, if they have memories of their lives on Earth 1610 (which has been destroyed so almost everyone and everything they knew or loved is gone and there is no chance of going home). This book said Miles is on SHIELD's radar as a spider person only, shouldn't he and all his supporting cast be as alternate dimension refugees?
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Wolfram & Hart View Post
    Best thing about this book is Taskmaster being featured, although can't say I'm a fan of this costume, original or UDON look, either would've been better. And what was up with that sword? Although I did like the energy throwing stars, I'm guessing their similar to the energy shield he used to use. Having not read much Miles before this book, I did have a question. Where did Miles get his webshooters? Web fluid? Has this ever been established? I'm also having a hard time buying that any of the characters from the Ultimate Universe, especially Miles are so well adjusted and fit in with the Marvel Universe, if they have memories of their lives on Earth 1610 (which has been destroyed so almost everyone and everything they knew or loved is gone and there is no chance of going home). This book said Miles is on SHIELD's radar as a spider person only, shouldn't he and all his supporting cast be as alternate dimension refugees?
    I'm pretty sure that only Miles remembers, since, of his supporting cast, only he was on the raft and made it to Battleworld without having to be saved/recreated by Doom. Everyone else is a recreation (except the other raft people).

The current reality has the 616 and 1610 universes melded, so everyone thinks it has always been like this. Not completely though, as certain people seem to remember something else like a dream, but the adjustment was seemless because the anomalies don't exist. Miles' part of Manhattan should stick out as completely different to the rest of the City, but nobody notices. I think it has something to do with all the people experiencing Battleworld, a hotchpotch of various alternate realities jumbled in together, so if they were okay with that, ANAD is a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    The current reality has the 616 and 1610 universes melded, so everyone thinks it has always been like this. Not completely though, as certain people seem to remember something else like a dream, but the adjustment was seemless because the anomalies don't exist. Miles' part of Manhattan should stick out as completely different to the rest of the City, but nobody notices. I think it has something to do with all the people experiencing Battleworld, a hotchpotch of various alternate realities jumbled in together, so if they were okay with that, ANAD is a breeze.
    That's just it though, I don't think all the people experienced Battleworld. Only a few from each universe made it there, and even then, they were possibly recreated by Doom. Or, if they were saved by Doom, they were altered to believe that he was God and they had no memory of their past worlds. Only so many people in 616 would have been on Battleworld at all, and even then, fewer than 30 (the raftees) would actually remember it.

I suppose Marvel wanted to do away with Ultimate but keep Miles. Apparently it's not enough to make him and his cast refugees, they have to also destroy any chance of him going back. Since Reed was from 616, the 616 universe got more or less faithfully recreated. Obviously Ultimate didn't. Are there any other universes that were faithfully recreated since Secret Wars?

People ask "Isn't it weird for Rio since she was dead in Ultimate and now she's alive?" They forget that everyone (except Miles and The Maker) was dead in Ultimate, and now they're alive.

Bendis has been playing this 'Miles remembers' angle pretty close and pretty slow. That's fine. I'm hoping he'll play it out with some semblance of consistency...I also hope that the issue is eventually brought to light. It must be eating Miles up inside, right? He's living his life, but still--the things he knows!

Off-topic incoming:
    spoilers:
    Contrast or compare this with Slott, where there is little consistency in how things should be considered. There was a mind swap that acted like a mind swap, then didn't, so it wasn't a mind swap but an overwrite, but we should still consider these copy minds as the real deal because reasons. Peter died in Ock's body. Or he didn't, it was just an overwritten copy, so why should we care? Or was it????? A memory ghost fragment of Peter existed in Spock's mind. It grew. It was erased. It grew again, based on memories of having other memories? And now this fragment is considered the real Peter Parker. What? But if it was a true mind swap, then the real Peter Parker was resurrected in Ock's body and subsequently murdered during the whole new clone thing. So he's dead. The one you've been reading lately is a copy. Unless the mind swap wasn't a swap at all, at which point, what's the point? Ock wouldn't get to enjoy being Spock.

And like, when is a clone supposed to be considered the real person? Like, we've got a new clone of Ben Reilly out there being considered as the real Ben Reilly? But the real Ben Reilly was a clone of Peter Parker, and he sure wasn't considered to be the real Peter Parker!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by LASERlips; 08-20-2017 at 06:53 AM.

I'm wondering if I should just wait and read the rest once it's all released. I can see why the whole "we found nothing" angle could work out as Peter trying to protect Miles, but in the context of a monthly read, it felt very disappointing and anticlimactic and didn't inspire me to continue. For me, issue 2 didn't really deliver a hook to keep going - I was hoping we'd get a little bit more about Evil Miles, but he's surprisingly still generic at this point. I think that Bendis can still pull everything together and there's a good surprise or two waiting, but the monthly format isn't doing this series any favors (for me as a reader, anyway).
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    I'm wondering if I should just wait and read the rest once it's all released. I can see why the whole "we found nothing" angle could work out as Peter trying to protect Miles, but in the context of a monthly read, it felt very disappointing and anticlimactic and didn't inspire me to continue. For me, issue 2 didn't really deliver a hook to keep going - I was hoping we'd get a little bit more about Evil Miles, but he's surprisingly still generic at this point. I think that Bendis can still pull everything together and there's a good surprise or two waiting, but the monthly format isn't doing this series any favors (for me as a reader, anyway).

I disagree that as a monthly read it was anticlimactic as I don't want my hand held through the story or everything told upfront with nothing to look forward to at the end

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

Wait, so Miles, because of being on the life raft, remembers the way things were beforehand? And hes ok with everything and as well adjusted as he seems to be in everything I've read with him? What about the other refugees from the Ultimate Universe, like the Maker, who are alternate versions of already existing characters? My head hurts lol.
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"

Wait, so Miles, because of being on the life raft, remembers the way things were beforehand? And hes ok with everything and as well adjusted as he seems to be in everything I've read with him? What about the other refugees from the Ultimate Universe, like the Maker, who are alternate versions of already existing characters? My head hurts lol.
    It wasn't ever properly explained why he is so cool with it, considering he was friends with a lot of Ultimate Peter's peers (like Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy) who either don't exist (Gwen, dead) or are older (MJ) in this "616-Prime" universe. Apparently, Miles closest supporting cast made the crossover into the Prime Universe (Rio, Ganke) but what about say, any cousins Ganke may have had? Or non-family members that Miles may have interacted with on a regular basis (shopkeepers, school faculty, etc.)? It'd be particularly problematic for the people who were saved but were not in the life raft, because they have absolutely no idea why certain friends or family no longer exist.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"