Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

As of the most recent issue of Green Arrow he was offered JL membership and declined.

I think too that there are maybe a few too many guesses about the JSA. We won't know their place in all this until they get around to relaunching somehow.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Wait, wat…if Morrison’s JLA has been referenced, then do we absolutely know that Ollie was never a part of the League? Remember, Connor Hawke was a JLAer during Morrison’s run. Plus, we know that the League’s history is up in the air because of that splash page during the Button crossover showing all of the old League artifacts from their past membership, which absolutely doesn’t line up with the New 52 idea of it only ever being those 7 members. So, is any of it Ollie’s?

I’m also wondering if the original Dixon run on Nightwing from the 90s where Dick first goes to Blüdhaven is also canon again. It’s one of the things Superman remembered before being reintegrated back into the timeline and I did see in a somewhat recent issue of Nightwing where he phrases moving to Blüdhaven as “going back to Blüdhaven.”
    Good eye on the Bludhaven reference. I will add that to the timeline.

As for Morrison's JLA, as with virtually every story referenced, just because it's brought up again does not mean it happened exactly the same. For example, Blackest Night has been referenced multiple times, but it clearly didn't happen exactly the same because the dead heroes & villains would be different. Same with Final Crisis, and the original Crisis on Infinite Earths. They still happened, just differently due to the changes in history, which is not exactly a new idea since changes in fashion and technology have meant that stories have never really happened exactly the same as they did originally.

So, while parts of Morrison's JLA certainly took place, we know it didn't take place exactly the same in the current history because Green Arrow comics doubled-down on Ollie never officially joined the Justice League, although he had clearly worked with them on many occasions, and his son Connor Hawke has never been mentioned again since Flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthAndJustice View Post
    I suspect nobody remembers what the "real" origin of the League was. I suspect it'll eventually be revealed that what Batman and Flash (Barry) saw in "The Button" is, in fact, "real" (Justice League of America #9 from 1962[?]) and the 2011 origin was the result of Dr. Manhattan/Pandora/whomever making everyone forget their pasts.
    The origin of the JLA from 1960 has always been the "real" one, but that origin has regularly seen alterations due to various timeline hiccups, like Wonder Woman being removed from the Silver Age post-Crisis, then put back in again and merged with Waid's Year One story post-Infinite Crisis. The New 52 origin is just the latest revision that will no doubt be re-revised soon.

The fact that the New 52 origin hasn't been referenced again since Rebirth is very telling, but until the comics are more explicit about it, it unfortunately has to remain as the current origin of the League in the timeline.

libra113

Great job. I'm way behind on my comics reading and it nice to have found this.

On a side note: I"m working on converting the Blood of Heroes Role-Playing Game into DC Heroes (if you're not aware Blood of Heroes was released in 2000 and used the same rules, with some updates, as a popular DC Heroes Game and I'm basically making it into DC Heroes 4th edition). Anyway, I was wondering if I could use this in the book as an outline of the current history?

Quote Originally Posted by libra113 View Post
    Great job. I'm way behind on my comics reading and it nice to have found this.

On a side note: I"m working on converting the Blood of Heroes Role-Playing Game into DC Heroes (if you're not aware Blood of Heroes was released in 2000 and used the same rules, with some updates, as a popular DC Heroes Game and I'm basically making it into DC Heroes 4th edition). Anyway, I was wondering if I could use this in the book as an outline of the current history?
    It's all yours! Here's the latest version...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing