Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Is it possible for Mystique to shape change into a man and...

get a X female pregnant? Imagine her being the secret father of a Domino, Elizabeth, or Firestar baby? Is she generating sperm like that?

BANNED

That's what Claremont wanted for Mystique and Destiny. Nightcrawler was supposed to be their son.

Definitely possible. I believe Claremont intended for her to be Nightcrawler's father, and Destiny, his mother, but Marvel wouldn't let him tell such a story.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Somehow, she is able to pull it off apparently. It's not just for show.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    get a X female pregnant? Imagine her being the secret father of a Domino, Elizabeth, or Firestar baby? Is she generating sperm like that?
    Yes; Celia Chase was her daughter with Irene (Destiny) Adler, meaning that Trevor Chase was her Grandson, which was why she was so pissed when the Friends of Humanity beat Trevor to death, and why she killed Graydon Creed, who had ordered the beating.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

That would require her to have a Y chromosome.

Ultimate Member

For all that we know Mystique is XYX or something like that...

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Definitely possible. I believe Claremont intended for her to be Nightcrawler's father, and Destiny, his mother, but Marvel wouldn't let him tell such a story.
    Seems Cleremont intended for a few things that nobody else wanted at the time. Same with Creed being Wolverine's father.

But wasn't this still back when he wasn't even allowed to show that Destiny & Mystique were a couple? I know that was a thing at some point -where they had to be "best friends" because it wasn't allowed to openly depict, or make reference to, same-sex relationships.

In any case, Mystique's shapeshifting seems to have no limits. I swear it was revealed somewhere that she doesn't even wear clothes. She just shapeshifts her body to make it look like she's wearing something. I definitely think she can turn into a man to impregnate a woman. I thought it was canon that she had at one point.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 11-02-2017 at 04:44 PM.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

This doesnt seem biologically possible... but neither does the existence of Mystique muchless the X-gene so... #comicbooks.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Then canonically, it never happened and, therefore it is not true...

Raven gave birth to Kurt... Full stop!
    Last edited by ZNOP; 11-02-2017 at 05:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Then canonically, it never happened and, therefore it is not true...

Raven gave birth to Kurt... Full stop!
    it's not true, but it's what Claremont wanted to do, Marvel just didnt let him

Another thing Claremont wanted to do but Marvel didnt let him was making Rachel the daughter of Jean and the Phoenix, not Jean and Scott. It would be similar to how Jesus is the son of the Holy Spirit and Mary.

And Byrne created Pyro intending him to be gay, but Claremont made him British instead, and later Australian.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    it's not true, but it's what Claremont wanted to do, Marvel just didnt let him
    Then it didn't happen did it?

Another thing Claremont wanted to do but Marvel didn't let him was making Rachel the daughter of Jean and the Phoenix, not Jean and Scott.
    I wanted to nail Molly Ringwald "spread eagle" -- but, that never happened either, so...

It would be similar to how Jesus is the son of the Holy Spirit and Mary.
    I might entertain that notion if I were a Christian... But, I'm not, so...

And Byrne created Pyro intending him to be gay, but Claremont made him British instead, and later Australian.
    Wait... Pyro isn't a gay, biracial, English-Brit by way of Australia?!?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 11-02-2017 at 06:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Then it didn't happen did it?

I wanted to nail Molly Ringwald "spread eagle" that never happened either, so...

I might entertain that notion if I were a Christian... But, I'm not, so...

Wait... Pyro isn't a gay, biracial, English Brit by way of Australia?!?
    I agree on none of that happening and being canon. I agree with you. But it is interesting to know what the original idea of the artist was.
    Rachel would be the best Phoenix host because she would be the Phoenix daughter.

and another one I just remember is Monet wasnt originally meant to exist. She was supposed to be what happened when the two twins fused. In Age of Apocalypse you only have Marius and the two twins. They decided to make her a real individual because the character became popular.Age of Apocalypse - Sinister Bloodlines-019.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I agree on none of that happening and being canon. I agree with you. But it is interesting to know what the original idea of the artist was.
    Rachel would be the best Phoenix host because she would be the Phoenix daughter.

and another one I just remember is Monet wasnt originally meant to exist. She was supposed to be what happened when the two twins fused. In Age of Apocalypse you only have Marius and the two twins. They decided to make her a real individual because the character became popular.Age of Apocalypse - Sinister Bloodlines-019.jpg
    hmmm. i seem to remember that. but the twins did have a sister (Claudia) in the Age of Apocalypse; as the character 'Know-It-All.' i do know that Penance was originally supposed to be someone other than a prison for Monet. i think her name was Yvette or something.

i wonder if maybe Raven was born without a set gender and simply chose to present as female.