Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    So they are not doing a Kenobi movie?
    I hadn't heard of anything. Link?

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I hadn't heard of anything. Link?
    A year ago? I ran into the rumor on YouTube...and possibly mentions on this forum.
    Obviously they must have been only that. Possibly loosely based on the Obiwan & Anakin. One shot comic done back then.

Right now is a CBR featured story about Disney plans to make a Kenobi movie. I clicked on by accident and there it was. Of course the writer was arguing against such a movie.
    Grumbles.
    Last edited by Kyer; 08-27-2017 at 08:48 AM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

BANNED

You said "So they are not doing a Kenobi movie?"

Astonishing Member

If Rogue One was a spin on The Dirty Dozen, then the Obi-wan film should be the Star Wars equivalent of Sergio Leone's A Fist Full of Dollars. If they do a Yoda one, that one should be a fantasy vehicle with a bit of mysticism thrown in.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 08-29-2017 at 07:59 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    If Rogue One was a spin on The Dirty Dozen, then the Obi-wan film should be the Star Wars equivalent of Sergio Leone's A Fist Full of Dollars.
    Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven surely?

Extraordinary Member

Shane, I'm thinking.

Retired badass reluctantly forced to fight again to protect the family (NOT Owen and Beru...Obi Wan befriending a 8 year old Luke Skywalker is a bit too on the nose) he has grown fond of.

BANNED

That's really more a new episode of Star Wars: Rebels than a full Star Wars movie.

Out of all the main characters to get a solo film, Obi Wan and Darth Vader are the 2 I'd support.

Han Solo still doesn't thrill me at all. And he's my favorite character.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Shane, I'm thinking.

Retired badass reluctantly forced to fight again to protect the family (NOT Owen and Beru...Obi Wan befriending a 8 year old Luke Skywalker is a bit too on the nose) he has grown fond of.
    Sounds a little bit like that Kenobi novel they made a few years back.

Astonishing Member

That works, too. However they said Dirty Dozen was their inspiration.

BANNED

That works, too. However they said Dirty Dozen was their inspiration.
    So Suicide Squad, basically.
    Okay, that can work.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Sounds a little bit like that Kenobi novel they made a few years back.
    Huh. I didn't know that.

I gave up on trying to keep up with all the EU and Prequel novels a while ago.

So much stuff.

It was one of the last "legends" novels before the canon overhaul I think. Even then, if I remember correctly, there's very little in it that can't fit in some fashion with the new stuff (including the Marvel comics featuring Obi-Wan). It was even written by the same guy-John Jackson Miller-who wrote "A New Dawn", the first novel of the new canon.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 08-30-2017 at 07:14 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

If Rogue One was a spin on The Dirty Dozen, then the Obi-wan film should be the Star Wars equivalent of Sergio Leone's A Fist Full of Dollars. If they do a Yoda one, that one should be a fantasy vehicle with a bit of mysticism thrown in.
    It's way more a spin on Inglourious Basterds. And while both are Men on a Mission movies, it's got far more to do with Basterds than Dirty Dozen. Given how they were kind of selling it before release, it's actually a bit surprising how little it has to do with Dozen, which is really like zero. Probably would have been smarter to steal from The Dirty Dozen than Inglourious Basterds anyways. Dozen is pretty simple, we watch the group train together, then we watch what happens on their mission. Basterds on the other hand is this weird intricate structured stylistically playful beast made of a handful scenes that are about language and masterfully building tension...these would all be things Rouge One seemingly has not interest in.

But with Rouge we get the Jew Hunter at the dairy farmer house at the beginning, only without the tension. We get the prison break of Huge Stiglitz, only nowhere near as interesting or stylistically done. And we get the whole big ending, only really nowhere near as stylistically done, and without anything really going on. Rouge One is other stuff too, they take a break because Lucas has sent them after Kurtz who breaths like Frank Booth; and along the way they meet some people like it's Seven Samurai. But it's mostly Basterds.