Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Obi Wan Kenobi solo film

so it appears the next side story movie will be an Obi Wan Kenobi centered film.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-talks-1030505

I feel this is a much better bet for a movie than a Han Solo one, particularly since they could very easily get McGregor back to reprise the role, as he's been active in Disney movies lately and has outright stated he's open to doing it. And he was one of the few actors who was actually able to inject some life into his role with Lucas's script and direction, so it'll be interesting to see what he can do with a better director.

Now that's an interesting news.

BANNED

Not surprising, there was talk of this shorty after Disney bought them up.

He seems like a funny character to do a solo movie on, because he seemingly was just living the life of a hermit until the events of Star Wars. They could pretty easily do a Mad Max Fury Road type movie with him on Tatooine I guess.

It really seems boring that these "A Star Wars Story" movies are tied into events and characters we already know. Just give me something about new characters that has jack **** to do with some event someone in the background could be overheard talking about. I don't get why they're playing it so fucking safe when the Star Wars brand gives them licenses to do whatever since it's basically guaranteed money anyways. Give me something different with these Star Wars Stories.

iMan 42s

A Kenobi film has a lot of potential since there is so much time and so much unseen on Tatooine. There is a lot to play with here from Tusken raiders, to Krayt dragons, to crime lords out in the dunes.

It's pretty understandable why a Kenobi film would be made since there is so much time to explore stories with him, and he was a well liked aspect of the prequels that the now adult audience would spend money to see in theaters again along with any generation coming out of The Clone Wars. As safe as it is, it makes sense to do it. I would be surprised if they did something completely original, but for these being one shots and the saga films doing the new stuff then I'm fine with Lucasfilm exploring things with concepts and characters the audience would already be familiar with.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    A Kenobi film has a lot of potential since there is so much time and so much unseen on Tatooine. There is a lot to play with here from Tusken raiders, to Krayt dragons, to crime lords out in the dunes.

It's pretty understandable why a Kenobi film would be made since there is so much time to explore stories with him, and he was a well liked aspect of the prequels that the now adult audience would spend money to see in theaters again along with any generation coming out of The Clone Wars. As safe as it is, it makes sense to do it. I would be surprised if they did something completely original, but for these being one shots and the saga films doing the new stuff then I'm fine with Lucasfilm exploring things with concepts and characters the audience would already be familiar with.

We've kind of already seen everything worth seeing on Tatooine. We've seen the Tusken Raiders and the crime lord and that stuff. I mean, you could certainly play around with that stuff more, but is the hermit Jedi the best avenue to explore something like weird Star Wars gangster, hunting a Krayt Dragon, doing playing something like a western or Mad Max?

If I'm getting something like a Stat Wars gangster film, I want a movie that follows characters that are a part of that world, not one about a character that's on the periphery of it.

I don't think watching Luke was all Kenobi did on Tatooine. He may have had quite a few adventures there, including some that may have taken him briefly out of the wastelands to areas of the planet that we haven't seen yet. Heck, we haven't even seen all there is to Mos Eisley, but Kenobi seemed familiar enough with it to describe it as a "wretched hive of scum and villainy." Maybe he speaks from first-hand experience dealing with that?
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

BANNED

I'm pretty sure that a Kenobi film isn't going to spend a whole lot of time on Tatooine.

Its about time. Well, considering Ewan McGregor is in. He's consistently expressed interest but if for whatever reason he changes his mind and declines the project, in my mind the whole thing should be scrapped. But barring that, very interested.

And yeah, if the movie is made the script is obviously going to give some reason for Ben to briefly leave Luke and Tattooine. The whole movie isn't going to take place there.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I don't know, I think there could easily be a whole movie on Tatooine; for instance I think a Star Wars version of Pale Rider would be fun to see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'm pretty sure that a Kenobi film isn't going to spend a whole lot of time on Tatooine.
    It would be very easy to do a whole movie with him on Tatooine. And really, I don't want to see him running off planet given the idea is meant to be he just hunkered down their and watched over Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't know, I think there could easily be a whole movie on Tatooine; for instance I think a Star Wars version of Pale Rider would be fun to see.

There's a whole lot of stuff they could do with Tatooine. Lots of weird western stuff. Lots of post-apocalypse type stuff. And lots of weird gangsters stuff. But all that stuff would be more interesting following around new characters, not some space monk wizard.

iMan 42s

Reviving Asharad Hett (spelling?) from the old EU might be a fun antagonist to play with and open the door for a villain down the road. Hett later on had an armor that would make for an imposing visual and that would play off the tusken raiders well enough.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    It would be very easy to do a whole movie with him on Tatooine. And really, I don't want to see him running off planet given the idea is meant to be he just hunkered down their and watched over Luke.

There's a whole lot of stuff they could do with Tatooine. Lots of weird western stuff. Lots of post-apocalypse type stuff. And lots of weird gangsters stuff. But all that stuff would be more interesting following around new characters, not some space monk wizard.
    I wouldn't be opposed to brand new heroes, but I'd love to see an untold tale of Kenobi too so I'm happy either way. Maybe they could fold in elements from the Aduba-3 story from the old Marvel story and use it as a jumping off point for new heroes.

I'd be up for a Ben Kenobi movie. My favorite Star Wars novel to date is John Jackson Miller's Kenobi (not canon anymore, but still a good read).

The current Star Wars comic series has been going flashback stories about Kenobi's time on Tattoine. Not the most interesting part, but there it is.

Too bad they blew their chance with Maul vs. Kenobi II in Rebels.

A nice space western leading up to their eventual final duel would've been amazing.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    It would be very easy to do a whole movie with him on Tatooine.
    Easy, sure.
    Exciting? I'm not seeing it. What kind of Star Wars film sticks to mostly just one planet, and one we've already seen way too much off at that?

And this is Obi-Wan Kenobi. I somehow do not see him staying put on Tatooine for 20 years. He's the second most undisciplined Jedi that ever Jedied.