Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Punisher Teaser

BANNED

Default Punisher Teaser

Nice

Can't wait to see more

Looks great definitely looking forward to seeing this. A friend of mine's daughter plays Maria Castle (Frank's doomed wife) in this series so I am interested to she her performance in a limited role I am sure.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Sort of John Wickish there with the sledgehammer.

Really minor thing, but I'd prefer Frank ditch the military haircut and have his hair fully grown in like comic Punisher.

Anyway, super duper excited. Especially if it feels very Ennis.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Sort of John Wickish there with the sledgehammer.

Really minor thing, but I'd prefer Frank ditch the military haircut and have his hair fully grown in like comic Punisher.

Anyway, super duper excited. Especially if it feels very Ennis.
    I am in the minority but I really liked Thomas Jane's take on the Punisher. Don't get me wrong, I think Jon Bernthal is fantastic in the role but I would be stoked if they gave Thomas Jane a role in the Netflix series (season 2 or something).

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I am in the minority but I really liked Thomas Jane's take on the Punisher. Don't get me wrong, I think Jon Bernthal is fantastic in the role but I would be stoked if they gave Thomas Jane a role in the Netflix series (season 2 or something).
    Except for the Dirty Laundry short film, Jane just didn't do it enough for me (hard to articulate, but something about Jane's nice face and such, intangibles), but in all fairness, I think Punisher is extremely difficult to cast (like most comic book big name types are) and few meet my high standards. But I'm totally cool with Jane getting a cameo or role something. Bernthal said he's studied Jane's version and learned from him.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Except for the Dirty Laundry short film, Jane just didn't do it enough for me (hard to articulate, but something about Jane's nice face and such, intangibles), but in all fairness, I think Punisher is extremely difficult to cast (like most comic book big name types are) and few meet my high standards. But I'm totally cool with Jane getting a cameo or role something. Bernthal said he's studied Jane's version and learned from him.
    So he wasn't gruff enough in the Dirty Laundry short for you? I thought it was fine but it wasn't as good as his portrayal in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    So he wasn't gruff enough in the Dirty Laundry short for you? I thought it was fine but it wasn't as good as his portrayal in the movie.
    I think we think completely the opposite. Dirty Laundry was the best Punisher I've seen out of Jane. Movie portrayal I didn't dig so much. Overall still, despite Dirty Laundry being very good, I really don't share many fans' adoration of Jane's version because his intangibles were...not there for me.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-18-2017 at 08:15 AM.

Hallway scene!!!

I think we think completely the opposite. Dirty Laundry was the best Punisher I've seen out of Jane. Movie portrayal I didn't dig so much. Overall still, despite Dirty Laundry being very good, I really don't share many fans adoration of Jane's version because his intangibles were...not there for me.
    Ah I see what your saying.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Welcome Back Frank.

I wasn't a fan of Jane as The Punisher in the movie. I've not seen the Dirty Laundry short

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

The tease was really anti-climatic way to finish Defenders. Looks like more of the same macho character development optional crap from DDS2.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Welcome Back Frank.

I wasn't a fan of Jane as The Punisher in the movie. I've not seen the Dirty Laundry short
    I found jane to be to soft. Hes way to attractive and Flamboyant. Stevenson was a better frank to me just in a very silly movie. Bernthal is already my favorite frank. You take him out of DDs2 and its a rough seaon. All thr hand and Elektra stuff did nothing for me for the most part

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I found jane to be to soft. Hes way to attractive and Flamboyant. Stevenson was a better frank to me just in a very silly movie. Bernthal is already my favorite frank. You take him out of DDs2 and its a rough seaon. All thr hand and Elektra stuff did nothing for me for the most part
    Yep

Daredevil Season 2 should've just concentrated on Punisher and Daredevil's conflicting methods and showed more of Kingpin running the prison. The Elektra and The Hand stuff was completely mediocre.

BANNED

I really wish they would show the footage from SDCC last month

Jon Bernthal (The Punisher) is the first person to come out on stage – showing a clip from The Punisher. The clip plays as follows: A little girl plays the guitar with Frank, a much happier time with his daughter. We immediately intercut this happy scene with Frank now alone in a room, struggling to play this same guitar – sad & depressed. We then immediately cut to a murder montage. Frank drives a van in rural Alabama, chasing two guys on motorcycles. He easily shoots their tires out and then redirects his van, deliberately running them over. Cut to a party in San Juarez, Mexico – a ‘heavy’ arrives. The Punisher, on a rooftop, scopes with a rifle this same guy. The guy goes up to a room with a girl about to go down on him… when ‘bam’… The Punisher takes his shot, blasting the guy’s brains on the wall. The reveal – Frank isn’t across the street but miles across the border in El Paso, Texas. Cut to Frank murdering a guy in a JFK airport bathroom. The guy pleads for his life – “Killing me isn’t going to bring your family back. What does it change?” The Punisher responds coldly – “Nothing.” He then immediately strangles the poor sap with his own necktie and walks away. Bernthal looks GREAT in the clip. Super excited for an entire show centered around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I found jane to be to soft. Hes way to attractive and Flamboyant. Stevenson was a better frank to me just in a very silly movie. Bernthal is already my favorite frank.
    You know I could never put into words why exactly I didn't like Jane, but this does it. I agree with the rest too though oddly I feel like Lundgren should get honorable mention.