Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Punisher Teaser

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    He idolizes captain america
    For the best interpretations of the character this isn't the case. The idea that Frank goes weak at the knees for Cap was introduced by Mark Millar and Matt Fraction during the Civil War storyline and it was completely cringeworthy. Outside of this any time they had crossed paths beforehand at most you could say there was a mutual respect between the two. Frank never treated Captain America as some sort of godlike commanding officer that he would obey without question. I am not on board with the writers that have taken forward the sycophantic attitude Frank has towards Steve since Civil War. Thankfully most writers haven't. If anything Frank would go the other direction having no time for him whatsoever imo and regard him as a finger waving nuisance, a bit of a buffoon.
    Last edited by Judge Ted; 09-02-2017 at 07:29 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Could not disagree more. Of course it's all a matter of opinion, but Bernthal's southern crazy tough guy character that he plays in pretty much everything he appears in just doesn't work for Frank Castle at all. Jane was perfect for Frank, he truly captured how brilliant, tactical, precise, and broken of a man Frank Castle was. It showed that he isn't the guns-blazing, shoot first kind of guy. He's like Batman. He broke Howard Saint by dismantling and destroying all that he had then finally killed him. That movie is a damn gem and arguably the most comic accurate Punisher we've ever had.

Bernthal is a good actor and I enjoyed DDs2, but he isn't Frank from the comics by a longshot. To be fair, I stopped reading his series after they removed Rucka from the book so that may have changed in recent years.
    No problem with Jane's performance, in fact I liked him as Frank, but that film was pretty bad, last 10 minutes and the Russian fight aside. Frank certainly can be manipulative but generally he's a "quickest route from point A to B" type guy. His tactical brilliance plays into how efficient he can be in getting to point B. The films whole "soap opera villain" manipulation he was doing with the wifes ear rings and the fire hydrant was just a waste of time.

Bernthal's Frank skewed alot closer to the comic. I have issues with DD season 2 Punisher as well but they are all from a writing perspective. I have no problem with Bernthal's portrayal. It sounds like you aren't a fan of his acting, which is fair enough, but you are actually criticising the writing of the show. Again, I have problems with the writing but even with its flaws it captured the actions the punisher would take alot better than the Jane film.
    Last edited by Judge Ted; 09-02-2017 at 07:27 AM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

After all the praise I gave in and watched Dirty Laundry today. Don't like it much. Especially how bored Frank acted and how he almost didn't want to help. In the Jane movie Frank was portrayed as a drinker and I buy that so soon after his family got killed but in Dirty Laundry he just comes off as a jerk

New Punisher Trailer

BANNED

Finally a release date

About damn time

Mighty Member

Same day Justice League comes out

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Same day Justice League comes out
    Love it

some clackers on Marvel and Netflix

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Nov 17th can't come soon enough. So excited. Christmas in November.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Some of these little promo clips they've been releasing on Twitter are pretty awesome

https://twitter.com/ThePunisher/stat...31969166942209