Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default New Creative Team and Direction for Renew Your Vows (Spoilers)

The theory that there would be a time skip in RYV has been confirmed, but a new creative team has been added.

https://www.newsarama.com/36007-amaz...el-legacy.html

Metal Woman

Amazing Member

I'm a huge fan of this book but I'm very hesitant on the new creative team and direction. Marvel is littered with teenage superheroes and one thing that made this book unique was that Annie was a child. Combine that with a new writer whose work has been rather mediocre and you killed my optimism for my favorite marvel series .

BANNED

Anyone want to red pill me on what Jody has done in comics up to this point?

Wait, Nick Roche? Like, IDW Transformers comics Nick Roche ?

The Spinneret look is still not as strong as VenoMJ, but at least it looks much better when she lets her hair down .

I feel like I recognize Jody Houser's name but I'm not sure if I've read any of her work.

So we are getting a time-skip. Well, I've already made my apprehension about it known but we'll see how it plays out in practice and what Annie will be like as a teenager. I like her new costume at least .

"Spider-Family: Heroes or Villains?" I wonder if that's telling that the public image for the Spider-Family is going to take a nosedive at some point? Be interesting to see how Mary Jane and Annie deal with being deemed public menaces compared to Peter, who's dealt with it for years.

Don't know anything about the new creative team, but I have a hunch I will miss Stegman (on art, and maybe on writing as well). However I definitely like some of the Transformers art by Nick Roche I viewed by Googling him.

Not sure about the time jump. I feel there has not been enough development of Annie's clairvoyant abilities (would she be a newer Madame Web?) at her current age. Good or bad, I do think there will be more potential for drama with a teenage daughter. I could see the book getting a little darker perhaps and more mature with the age shift; again, not sure if good or bad. From the cover, I know I will miss the VenoMJ costume . . .

BANNED

Roache tweeted he's illustrating Issues 13-15, then I suspect the creative will shift again, at least with artists. RYV seems to be the book Marvel test people on or to give all sorts of established people work in between other jobs

And when asked about a series villain, Roche replies:

“‘Villain’ singular? I’ve drawn at least six already…”
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08...new-your-vows/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like I recognize Jody Houser's name but I'm not sure if I've read any of her work.
    She writes Mother Panic, one of DC's Young Animal titles.

BANNED

I am trying to be optimistic with this new direction but I must say I am not sure I will enjoy this.
    I am unfamiliar with the creative team and on top of that a lot of the time when a series has a time skip I have lost interest in it. The 5 year gap Legion and walking dead are two series for me where I really lost interest in the series when the time skip happened.

BANNED

The only recent series that kept my interest after a time skip was Invincible (and that's usually a slightly darker twist on things I'd like to see in Spidey normally) so I hope for the same effect here

Nick Roche coming to Marvel is pretty awesome news

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The only recent series that kept my interest after a time skip was Invincible (and that's usually a slightly darker twist on things I'd like to see in Spidey normally) so I hope for the same effect here
    I agree that Invincible has still been worth reading, but that was a little different. It retained the same creative team and for the main character there really wasnt any time skip at all because of the whole being in a different universe thing.

Nick Roche? Hells Yeah. I'll try that for a little bit.

BANNED

Nice costume for Spiderling.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She writes Mother Panic, one of DC's Young Animal titles.
    I've read the first six issues in TPB. They're pretty solid, though RYV is a pretty different type of series from Mother Panic. Hopefully, Houser will do just as well as on Mother Panic, if not better.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Nice costume for Spiderling.
    Stegman said on Twitter that he is the one who designed the costume. Maybe this is presumptuous of me, but I wonder if that means the new creative team will pick up at least some of the threads left by Conway and Stegman.