Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I regret that we never got an interdimensional teamup between young Annie and Gabby from All-New Wolverine. It would have been glorious.
    It sure as hell would have been.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I would've preferred an Annie/Mayday team-up .

A big part of the problem with RYV is it's mainly about Annie. I would much prefer a book about Peter and MJ (or another possible super powered wife like Felica or Gwen) having adventures fighting crime together while juggling their dual identities rather than involved in an instant family right out of the gate. Such a scenario also necessitates artificially aging the couple so their child can remain the primary focus by being involved in more advanced plotlines over time, another option I am against (and one which we are about to see). It not only sidelines the couple but also denies any possibility of organic character development due to reciprocation of ideas between the fans and creators. In fact, I think the increasingly heavy focus on Annie might be behind the declining sales. I know I'm slowly losing interest in the title. In fact, if I was not the only series featuring an emotionally mature Peter Parker in a long term relationship, I might just drop the title from my pull list. This is just my two cents worth.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-19-2017 at 06:36 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

We may find that the presence of a teenage child allows us to see the relationship between Peter and MJ explored in new ways. It all depends on how it's done.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would've preferred an Annie/Mayday team-up .
    Agreed, in fact that's what I worry about making Annie a teenager already, that there's a danger she'll end up a little too much like May (even though I recognize that May rarely worked with her father).

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Changes...Guess I'll wait to freak out until something happens for me to freak out about.

I wonder if different creative teams might have a specific time period they write/draw, having the series jump back and forth depending on the people doing it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Agreed, in fact that's what I worry about making Annie a teenager already, that there's a danger she'll end up a little too much like May (even though I recognize that May rarely worked with her father).
    I don't think that Annie will be little too much like May.
    She definitely doesn't look like May.
    Her costume doesn't look like May's.

another thing
    Peter will be active as Spider-Man with both his legs.
    I am definitely interested in seeing an active Spider-Man around my age.
    I didn't care for the Spider-Girl comic because Peter was disabled and no longer Spider-Man.

Renew Your Vows is not a Spider-Girl comic. Annie is not the central focus of the comic like May was in Spider-Girl comic.
    It's about the Parkers as a superhero family.

I am actually looking forward to the future issues with Annie as a teenager.
    However, I do prefer to see a lot of future issues with her as a child.
    Last edited by Starrius; 08-19-2017 at 05:58 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    How Is losing one of Marvel's best artists going to stabilize or increase sales?

This is horseshoes

Goddamn it I'm pissed
    It's not. The main advantage is that it'll make the book cheaper to produce lowering the threshold for success.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets