Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Marvel's The Defenders Ep. 1-4 Discussion and spoilers

Figured I'd start one of these since I didn't see one yet for the newest Netflix series.

Only through episode 2 so far, but I love it. The opening scene of episode one perfectly cleanses the pallet after the Iron Fist release.

Extraordinary Member

So helping ppl hurt in an earthquake isn't enough to spur DD to action. He cuts his vacay short to beat store owners to a pulp while chasing down thieves. Wow that definitely could've been written better....

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    So helping ppl hurt in an earthquake isn't enough to spur DD to action. He cuts his vacay short to beat store owners to a pulp while chasing down thieves. Wow that definitely could've been written better....
    I mean immediately after the earthquake he's listening for trouble on the rooftops, then hears the thieves. It's much more nuanced than you make it sound.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    So apparently it's wrong for Matt to prevent some guy from murdering children?

It was okay. It definitely wasn't good. Finished the 8th episode now and was pretty bored in the last 2 episodes.

I wish they would stop making these Netflix shows and direct the resources on other new tv shows

Some trite subject, judging by the trailer, has already seen such a hundred times, script writers have not bothered yet to shoot the same thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    It was okay. It definitely wasn't good. Finished the 8th episode now and was pretty bored in the last 2 episodes.

I wish they would stop making these Netflix shows and direct the resources on other new tv shows
    That's a bit of a silly thing to say. I mean don't get me wrong Daredevil is the only one of the Netflix shows that I actualy like. But tons of other people like them (apart from Iron Fist) and said shows have been a critical and financial success. So saying they should ditch these shows in favour of an area, they have been much less successful in, makes little sense.
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 08-18-2017 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    That's a bit of a silly thing to say. I mean don't get me wrong Daredevil is the only one of the Netflix shows that I actualy like. But tons of other people like them (apart from Iron Fist).
    That's a very selfish thing to say.
    Actually no. Majority only liked Daredevil. Of course each show have their fans but the only one actually overall liked by fans was DD.

People will complain and rage at first but they would very much be on with the idea after they realize marvel TV department can do better than these.

Honestly Agents of SHIELD is better than any of these shows.

So saying they should ditch these shows in favour of an area, they have been much less successful in, makes little sense.
    I never said that's what they SHOULD do. Just that what I want them to do

BANNED

Actually no. Majority only liked Daredevil. Of course each show have their fans but the only one actually overall liked by fans was DD.

People will complain and rage at first but they would very much be on with the idea after they realize marvel TV department can do better than these.

Most people I've talked to really liked Jessica Jones and Luke Cage, same goes for most places I've checked out on the internet. Meanwhile Agents of SHIELD continues to have poor ratings. Look I actualy prefer AoS to most these shows, but the fact is the the netflix shows have been a bigger success than AoS.
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 08-18-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Can I get the number of your dealer?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The only one I recall not being well received was Iron Fist.

Just finished episode 3. All I can say is everyone give Stick a hand!

...too soon?

Episode 4 was good. I swear Sigourney Weaver's talent as an actress is underrated. Hero villain or inbetween she sells it.

I really liked it but the last episode and basic plot is similar to another show and I'm going to spoiler tag for those who haven't watched.

spoilers:
    Old Secret Society with ties into everything wants to use a hole in the ground to achieve immortality. Wasn't this the plot for Torchwood Miracle Day? Except Torchwood explored more interesting themes and had Captain Jack Harkness. Again I liked the show but couldn't help to notice the similarities in plot.
    end of spoilers