Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

@Sigphi

I think foggy and Karen stayed seperate cause it wasnt obvious why they were involved. Jessica and Luke are known and Collen is besties with Claire. So how all those characters are lumped together makes sense. Foggy and Karen need to protect Matts Secret. Luke/Jess are already way out and like the joke later in the series danny tells anyone who will listein hes the immortal Ironfist.

Them being more secretive nd keeping to themselves is what i took from it. No idea if that was the intention though, just my 2cents.

This was pretty bad, like Season 3 of Arrow bad

> Killing off Segourny Weaver's character so unceremoniously was deeply unsatisfying. It was done purely for the 'twist' that so many modern television shows require. If the twist occurred in the presence of the team, well it would have made this move salvageable, but as it is, its an absolute waste of Weaver's talents. Awful, simply awful.
    > We know there is going to be a season 3 of Daredevil, so 'killing' him off punctured whatever air this show had left. The only reason why I kept watching was too see if the show's producers would do us the dignity of not trying to gas light us.
    > The other Hand leaders are disappointing as well, except Gao (she's actually good). That Japanese dude especially, in his first fight he jumps through a sunroof and immediately gets taken out. I don't think he ever won a fight nor at least made a good effort. Whenever I saw him I wondered just how quickly he's going to get his ass handed to him and was never disappointed. Bakuto fared a little better, but he dies unceremoniously as well to a supporting character...If I were to say the leaders of the Hand were ancient, kung-fu warriors you would think they'd be imposing, but their paper tigers.
    > Their was some curious camera work; lens flair, scenes that were so dark you couldn't tell what was going on (the elevator scene in particular was bad), shooting through an opaque vase...

They resisted the temptation to jam all four of them together and had them meet organically, but otherwise I don't think this series excelled at much otherwise. Considering how lukewarm this series is being received currently, I can only see the general impression of this series to sink within a year's time.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Pinsir - this is a thread for episodes 1 - 4 of the series, so you might want to delete or hide a bunch of what you posted there....

@Pinsir
    Not gonna qoute you cause all the spoilers but in regard to the them puncturing what ever air they had left. Did you watch the entire last episode? We know there is a season 3 and thats why they dont try to trick the audience with the way the show ends. Its just the charatcers in the story dealing with what they think happened. The audience is clearly told the truth in the last minute

There is no thread for episodes 5-8. There doesn't need to be. Past series have been 13 episodes, which warrants more than one thread, like a 1 through 7 thread and an 8 through 13 thread.

Sure, there is another Defenders thread. Why not combine the two at this point?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    There is no thread for episodes 5-8. There doesn't need to be. Past series have been 13 episodes, which warrants more than one thread, like a 1 through 7 thread and an 8 through 13 thread.

Sure, there is another Defenders thread. Why not combine the two at this point?
    As long as they change the title so ppl dont think its just spoilers for the first 4 episodes. I dont know why we did one for just 4 episodes in the first place but i came into this thread after watching only the first 4. If there had been majot spoilers for the last episode i might have been slightly annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    @Sigphi

I think foggy and Karen stayed seperate cause it wasnt obvious why they were involved. Jessica and Luke are known and Collen is besties with Claire. So how all those characters are lumped together makes sense. Foggy and Karen need to protect Matts Secret. Luke/Jess are already way out and like the joke later in the series danny tells anyone who will listein hes the immortal Ironfist.

Them being more secretive nd keeping to themselves is what i took from it. No idea if that was the intention though, just my 2cents.
    that makes sense.

Fantastic Member

@Sigphi

IDK why there weren't a bunch of questions about Karen's involvement, especially from Misty. I mean, Foggy can just explain that he's Luke's attorney, but Karen has no connection sans Matt. And does being a friend of the attorney that defends the rest of the group really make her a key choice for protection there?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by klefmung View Post
    IDK why there weren't a bunch of questions about Karen's involvement, especially from Misty. I mean, Foggy can just explain that he's Luke's attorney, but Karen has no connection sans Matt. And does being a friend of the attorney that defends the rest of the group really make her a key choice for protection there?
    I think if Misty made a list of all her questions she had at that moment, "why is the reporter here?" would not make the top 100.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I think if Misty made a list of all her questions she had at that moment, "why is the reporter here?" would not make the top 100.
    but a room full of people with connections to the four heroes, specifically chosen and let into the room for that purpose... and Karen? Misty is supposed to basically be a super detective. I feel like that shouldn't have gotten past her.

edit: If I had written it, I would have had Misty whisper something along the lines of "Tell Murdock his secret's safe with me."

BANNED

Matt and Foggy aren't really connected either.

Also, that's a really bad line. I'd have her maybe put the pieces together, but say absolutely nothing to anybody about it.

I think misty knows. She see matt luke and jess together. They flee and then she runs into Luke,jess and Daredevil. I get the blind angle throwing her off initialy but if at the end she didnt put together matts daredevil then shes not a good detective. I think she knows but has no intention of exposing him. She risks everything to help the "vigilantes".

@Carabas

Matt and Foggy being best friends and business partners untill recently is a genuine connection imo.

Short answer matts targeted for being Jessicas Lawyer and present when they are attacked. so anyone close to him need protection(karen/foggy) Seems like a legit reason to me and wouldnt raise to many questions. The problem is Misty sees the three together(they flee) and then later see them again with Matt in costume. Your gonna wonder right off that bat if Matts DD. Or they ditched the lawyer and found a recently retired vigilante in the hour since you saw them last
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 08-22-2017 at 06:44 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Matt and Foggy aren't really connected either.

Also, that's a really bad line. I'd have her maybe put the pieces together, but say absolutely nothing to anybody about it.
    Truth, it is a bad line. I guess I'm no writer. My original point though, was that there is a Foggy-Luke connection established in Defenders, somewhat absolving him. Same as the Matt-Jessica connection that tied his connection in.

Fantastic Member

I think misty knows. She see matt luke and jess together. They flee and then she runs luke,jess and Daredevil. I get the blind angle throwing her iff initialy but if at the end she didnt put together matts daredevil then shes not a good detective.
    I figure Matt being there had to do with him being Jessica's attorney, and the implications had to do with him defending the group as a whole, and knowing things that are protected by attorney-client privilege.

BANNED

Truth, it is a bad line. I guess I'm no writer. My original point though, was that there is a Foggy-Luke connection established in Defenders, somewhat absolving him. Same as the Matt-Jessica connection that tied his connection in.
    Those are not connections.

Jessica's sister, and the guy who works for her, and got a close encounter with Elektra.
    Luke's love interest, who has run into the Hand before.
    Danny's love interest, who has run into the Hand before.
    A journalist who has run into the Hand before.
    These two lawyers who barely know their clients and have zero known connections to the Hand.