Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    The Immortal Iron Fist? More like the 'Immortal Punching Bag'. Matt dominated him in their short fight scene. But again, that's cool with me. I was hoping he would. But then Elektra knocks him around like a rag doll. Same with Gao and...you know what? It would be easier to just list the people on this show who didn't smack Danny around. I mean, the Iron Fist is supposed to be the elite, premiere fighter from K'un Lun. But he's treated like some dude who opened up a dojo downtown. I thought they made Danny look bad in his own show, but they really made him look bad in this one.
    To be fair, he didn't finish his training and doesn't have all his powers. So without the fist active he's just a dude who knows kung fu, Daredevil is a guy who knows martial arts and has super human reflexes thats why Daredevil would win against a untrained iron fist not using his chi.

I think the board room scene is a good indication of how many dudes Danny can take out without the chi, and how he can be dog piled if up against crazy numbers and not using the fist.

And he's also stupid. I mean, as soon as I saw him focus his chi into the IF to fight Elektra I said to myself "Whelp, he's about to do exactly what Elektra wanted...to open the lock". Seriously, he knew that's why they wanted him. All he had to do was refuse to summon his IF, and they lose. But nope, he has to do it. Dumb.
    "You might be the dumbest Iron Fist ever" Yup.

-Another thing that bothered me is that Danny wasn't able to do squat against Luke (except when he summoned the IF) but Gao, Sowande and even Elektra are able to knock Luke around? I could maybe get behind Gao (as she looks like she has some sort of super power), but Elektra knocked Luke out with a kick to the face? Come on now.
    Only people who can really damage Luke are those with super strength, Danny doesn't have that without the chi active. Gao has weird super strength/telekinesis blasts, Sowande has super strength as does Elektra from being the Black Sky.

ep 4

This was a cool episode. But i HATE the way they do IF, it's just soooo stupid. He is always mad at something, that dude need to chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    ep 4

This was a cool episode. But i HATE the way they do IF, it's just soooo stupid. He is always mad at something, that dude need to chill.
    I guess I don't get the hate cause I too am always mad.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I guess I don't get the hate cause I too am always mad.
    Danny was trained to suppress his emotions to be zen, his emotional training is fine for kun lun where nothing really happens. but it doesnt prepare him for life at all, thats why hes constantly taking the bait and acting stupid the second someone baits him. they addressed this in season 1 but if you blinked you'd have missed it because its only one mention. the writers of season 1 need back handing.

but thats the reason and its been seldom addressed again or drawn attention to so it generates a lot of hate acting why this man child is acting like a child when getting emotional :P

I'm hoping Marvel napalming the crew, writers, stunt team and show runner from Iron Fist will mean their replacements for season 2 will do a better job of getting this stuff across to the audience to explain Dannys behaviour and mental state. the Defenders did WAY more than his whole solo show did to explain how he ticks.

-The Immortal Iron Fist? More like the 'Immortal Punching Bag'. Matt dominated him in their short fight scene. But again, that's cool with me. I was hoping he would. But then Elektra knocks him around like a rag doll. Same with Gao and...you know what? It would be easier to just list the people on this show who didn't smack Danny around. I mean, the Iron Fist is supposed to be the elite, premiere fighter from K'un Lun. But he's treated like some dude who opened up a dojo downtown. I thought they made Danny look bad in his own show, but they really made him look bad in this one.

And he's also stupid. I mean, as soon as I saw him focus his chi into the IF to fight Elektra I said to myself "Whelp, he's about to do exactly what Elektra wanted...to open the lock". Seriously, he knew that's why they wanted him. All he had to do was refuse to summon his IF, and they lose. But nope, he has to do it. Dumb.
    I blame the actor. He's so bland and wooden that his series was the most poorly received of the Defender solos. So he's been relegated to Martian Manhunter status. Daredevil, played by an actual charismatic actor, gets to kick his ass. Shocker. Like Martian Manhunter, he's really powerful on paper. In practice, he's going to job to the characters people are actually here to see.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Finished episodes 1-4 last night. As for my quick thoughts:

- Definitely liking the interaction between Luke and Danny. Moreover, I like how quickly they met. Their eventual meeting could have been annoyingly stretched out over an episode. So, I was very pleased to see Claire just cut the crap, connect the dots, and have the two meet. One can already see the bonds of friendship, while also seeing the tension. In a way, showed to me why it was acceptable to have cast Danny Rand as white. The conversation Luke and Danny have (and you know what I'm talking about) would not have been possible or had much weight if Danny were Asian-American.
    That was an absolute eyeroll of a scene. The whole "white privilege" conversation shoehorned into a scene where it didn't make much sense for it to come up. It was cringeworthy. Thats a major major problem with the show. Alot of the scenes and character reactions just seemed to come out of the blue to try and inject some antagonism between the protaganists and just didn't make any sense. Alot of dumb dialogue. Having said that it s a superhero show so sillinesss is par for the course. Doesn't make a hell of alot of sense though.
    Last edited by Judge Ted; 08-19-2017 at 11:58 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I blame the actor. He's so bland and wooden that his series was the most poorly received of the Defender solos. So he's been relegated to Martian Manhunter status. Daredevil, played by an actual charismatic actor, gets to kick his ass. Shocker. Like Martian Manhunter, he's really powerful on paper. In practice, he's going to job to the characters people are actually here to see.
    The character interaction and dialogue on the show was terrible. Whether Finn could act or not wouldn't have made much difference. The only character that made sense through the entire thing was Ward. Good character and the real protagonist of Iron Fist. Calling Charlie Cox charismatic is a real reach. He does an ok job but none of them are particularly great.
    Last edited by Judge Ted; 08-19-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    To be fair, he didn't finish his training and doesn't have all his powers. So without the fist active he's just a dude who knows kung fu, Daredevil is a guy who knows martial arts and has super human reflexes thats why Daredevil would win against a untrained iron fist not using his chi.
    I get that. But at the same time, an IF who didn't finish his training should still be a greater fighter than those others that he had a poor showing against.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Saw two episodes, and it's a slow burn for a start of an 8 episodes season, an interesting one with some joy.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I get that. But at the same time, an IF who didn't finish his training should still be a greater fighter than those others that he had a poor showing against.
    i guess? I mean we dont know how long the hand fighters trained for or if theyre just recruits or theyre old as balls and have been resurrected multiple times thus giving them way more combat experience than danny.

I am hoping since iron fist season 2 is at least 2 years out they'll have filled in some of that time with him having trained.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

i guess? I mean we dont know how long the hand fighters trained for or if theyre just recruits or theyre old as balls and have been resurrected multiple times thus giving them way more combat experience than danny.

I am hoping since iron fist season 2 is at least 2 years out they'll have filled in some of that time with him having trained.
    I hope Orsen Randall gets introduced in season 2. Someone needs to teach Danny how to use the Iron Fist power to it's full potential and there isn't how lot of people left to do that with the Chaste being dead and K'un L'un being gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I hope Orsen Randall gets introduced in season 2. Someone needs to teach Danny how to use the Iron Fist power to it's full potential and there isn't how lot of people left to do that with the Chaste being dead and K'un L'un being gone.
    Orson being alive would also be a great way to explain why Danny is so underpowered at the moment, since two people would be alive using the iron fist's energies at once. I imagine he'd die in the final act thus giving Danny his full amount of chi powering him up.

This half assed iron fist can't go on much longer.

I think to some degree Danny might be catching up to some of the other fighters on the show because there's a difference between training to fight and actually fighting. Danny probably did more of the former than the latter until he left for his TV series. Whereas someone like Matt has probably spent a couple years fighting in real life and death situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That would be a perfect story for season 2
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I guess I need to remind myself that this is the TV show IF, not the comic IF.