Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

To me it was also clear that in pure hth fighting Matt was the superior fighter due to superior skill. He clearly dominated Danny. Until Danny used the IF of course.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    Because, as written above, nothing conclusive comes of it, Danny is not incapacitated, nor impeded in using his powers and sending everyone flying. You consider a few shots in an initial skirmish as irrefutable proof Matt was superior to Danny, yet it's Danny who downs everyone by summoning the IF. What did you want? Danny to beat Matt without the IF?
    Yes. That is what I am talking about. In terms of pure hand to hand fighting, Matt owns Danny in that fight scene.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    To me it was also clear that in pure hth fighting Matt was the superior fighter due to superior skill. He clearly dominated Danny. Until Danny used the IF of course.
    Exactly

10 chars
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Matt was more skilled than IF. And I think Uber Elecktra was more skilled than Matt.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

On a separate note, I was expecting Danny and Colleen to reveal they were fighting against allies of the Lannisters LOL
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Matt was more skilled than IF. And I think Uber Elecktra was more skilled than Matt.
    Not more skilled. She just had a power bump. The Dark Sky gave her enhanced powers.

I actually think Matt having an edge in pure skill creates a sort of balance. Matt has a slight edge in h2h, but Danny has a few abilities that Matt doesn't.

Similar to the balance of Cage and Jessice. Luke is stronger and tougher, but Jessica can do a few thinks Luke can't to balance it out.

Keeps anyone from being over powered or redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I actually think Matt having an edge in pure skill creates a sort of balance. Matt has a slight edge in h2h, but Danny has a few abilities that Matt doesn't.

Similar to the balance of Cage and Jessice. Luke is stronger and tougher, but Jessica can do a few thinks Luke can't to balance it out.

Keeps anyone from being over powered or redundant.
    What does jessica do besides jump high that luke doesnt? Honestly her Detective skills are an asset. Though luke as a former cop and Daredevils Senses and smarts dont put them far behind her.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    What does jessica do besides jump high that luke doesnt? Honestly her Detective skills are an asset. Though luke as a former cop and Daredevils Senses and smarts dont put them far behind her.
    Her "flight" is what I'm talking about. It's not ovly utilized, but it's a potentially handy ability she has that doesn't really overlap with anything anyone else can do.

Incredible Member

Just finished episode one of The Defenders . Not bad. Not bad at all. My favorite part was the ending as Alexandra looked over the city while chaos reigned like an evil version of Daredevil. I also was intrigued by how subservient Madame Gao is to her.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Her "flight" is what I'm talking about. It's not ovly utilized, but it's a potentially handy ability she has that doesn't really overlap with anything anyone else can do.
    Through episode 4 u havent seen her do it. Think she did it once in her show but honestly a hulk like jump woulda been as effective. She hasnt show the ability to truely fly yet that i have seen

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Through episode 4 u havent seen her do it. Think she did it once in her show but honestly a hulk like jump woulda been as effective. She hasnt show the ability to truely fly yet that i have seen
    Like I sad, it's not overly utilized. But it is a unique ability she has than none of the rest do. It's something that keeps her more unique and less redundant power wise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    At this point, Jessica steps in between Matt and Danny, and Danny uses this opportunity to shove Jessica aside and kick Matt in the chest (again, sort of a cheap shot since Jessica was standing in front of Matt and he didn't see it coming).
    Haven't watched this, but if this scene is really presented as "Matt didn't see it coming" that is phenomenally stupid.

Amazing Member

So wait, why are we letting Matt use his super powers but not Danny? Also, Matt is wearing armour, Danny is wearing a Levi's jacket and jeans, which could easily explain why Matt was blocking more hits.

Anyway, regardless of how strong he is, I think Danny was improved here to an extreme degree. He's still not perfect but he reduced his random anger outbreaks from 3-4 times per episode in IF season 1 to 3-4 times for this whole season, so he's handling that better already. I really cringed when he used his IF even though he knew that was exactly what Elektra wanted him to do, but at least he said "I'm not gonna let you get in my head again" in the next scene. I also really liked how he was patrolling the streets in the end, doing DD's job becuase Matt asked him to, I think that showed a lot of responsibility and maturity.

There was even a few times when Danny seemed to be the most rational one out of the group, most notably in the restaurant. He was the only one that wanted a team-up, while the other three where doing their whole "we don't work well with others" routine, even though it was being made clear to them that the City of New York was LITERALLY in danger of being leveled. He was the only one willing to accept everyone for the greater good. I was sort of cringing when he tried to run away from everyone, but then I thought to myself "would Matt act any different if they were trying to force him to hide while everyone else was out saving the day?" I really don't think he would have, the other two probably wouldn't have either.

As a huge IF fan that was supremely disappointed in IF season 1, Defenders has given me hope for the future of the character.

Also, I was really happy that Colleen had pretty much the biggest supporting role except maybe Stick, and if it hasn't been said enough I'll say it again, GIVE US A DAUGHTERS OF THE DRAGON SHOW!!!
    Last edited by Riotzact; 08-19-2017 at 10:01 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riotzact View Post
    I was sort of cringing when he tried to run away from everyone, but then I thought to myself "would Matt act any different if they were trying to force him to hide while everyone else was out saving the day?" I really don't think he would have, the other two probably wouldn't have either.
    Awful scene. Danny refusing to entertain the possibility that sigourney weaver wanted him for something other than being on their side made zero sense. You were right to cringe.