Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Ted View Post
    Awful scene. Danny refusing to entertain the possibility that sigourney weaver wanted him for something other than being on their side made zero sense. You were right to cringe.
    Yeah, but at least that was on the writers, I don't think any actor could have sold that concept.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riotzact View Post
    Yeah, but at least that was on the writers, I don't think any actor could have sold that concept.
    They couldn't, No. For me the major problems for all the Marvel shows you could lay at the writers feet. Finn could have been Daniel Day Lewis and it still wouldn't have made any sense.

Incredible Member

I'm enjoying the show immensely, but I'm getting serious vibes that this is a retelling of arrow season 1 (but replacing the villains with those from season 03).

hell I can practically identify their equivelent analogue on their show.

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    I'm enjoying the show immensely, but I'm getting serious vibes that this is a retelling of arrow season 1 (but replacing the villains with those from season 03).

It's a bit different. They aren't trying to tear the city down it's just a side effect of what they are really after
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Just finished episode 8.

Overall, I thought it was ok. Really enjoyed the restaraunt scene(s) and the last two episodes finished up pretty strong. The actors all had pretty good chemistry, but I felt like the writing could've been better. The dialogue felt a little awkward and stilted at times despite everyone's acting chops (although Finn Jones was once again noticeably the weakest of the group). I'm hoping we'll get to see a Colleen Wing/Misty Knight friendship grow in the future. It also seems apparent to me that it's only a matter of time for Luke and Jessica to hook back up. Action sequences were good. A lot better than the ones in IF, but not up to the quality in Daredevil.

So, final judgment: A few steps above decent; could've been better. I have hope for season 2.

Punisher trailer at the end of the credits was good. Looking forward to it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    (although Finn Jones was once again noticeably the weakest of the group)
    So you think Finn himself holds some of the blame? I thought so from IF season one but I thought every cringe worthy moment he had here was completely on the writing/directing. It's not his fault that the writers/directors told him to flip out on Luke for calling him privileged.

Quote Originally Posted by Riotzact View Post
    So you think Finn himself holds some of the blame? I thought so from IF season one but I thought every cringe worthy moment he had here was completely on the writing/directing. It's not his fault that the writers/directors told him to flip out on Luke for calling him privileged.
    Yes, some but not all. He isn't as charismatic as the others. He was better this go round, but still not fantastic.

Iron Fist: Danny still seems like the petulant child on his show. Not great for him that Colleen is more mature and actually has a gameplan - aside from possessing the Iron Fist, she seems a better candidate for The Defenders. Danny's need to "refocus his chi" might be a plot device, but it ends up making him self-centered figuratively as well as literally. On the upside, Danny's solo fight in the boardroom scene was better than anything on his own show. That bit was great!

Daredevil: I'm actually glad he and Karen aren't dating. It makes sense to not want to get involved with him right away. Not a fan of Matt "retiring" though - it seemed a regression. I thought he had embraced his role as hero/devil. Matt needs to work on his ninja skills though - it was sloppy of him to let Jessica see him.

Luke Cage: On the other side, it was nice seeing Luke step up and take an active role in helping people, even if he would never call himself a hero. I never really bought the Luke/Claire relationship and while they're each good in their roles, I don't really feel the chemistry the way I do with him and Jess. Nice to see Misty and I'm kinda glad they decided to just move on than mention how she and Luke hooked up or that Claire and Matt were almost a couple. (although a Matt/Claire scene would have been nice)

Jessica Jones: Great showing for her detective skills and how this case is helping her get over her depression and entering the world again. There's a little too much "Hey, I'm Jessica Jones - I like to drink and I think all this super-power stuff is bullshit" stuff though - especially seeing them all in a row.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-20-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Extraordinary Member

One thing that annoyed me. Foggy and Claire talk so much about how they tried to stop Matt from doing this again, but it's Foggy's fault. He's the one who passed the Jessica Jones case to Matt, which is what got Matt mixed up in all this again.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    One thing that annoyed me. Foggy and Claire talk so much about how they tried to stop Matt from doing this again, but it's Foggy's fault. He's the one who passed the Jessica Jones case to Matt, which is what got Matt mixed up in all this again.
    It's not like Foggy knew Matt was going to get mixed up with the Hand again by passing on one of his cases to him.

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post

It's actually a retelling of Batman Begins.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's not like Foggy knew Matt was going to get mixed up with the Hand again by passing on one of his cases to him.
    I know, but I would have liked to have seen some acknowledgement that Matt wouldn't have gotten involved with the hand if not for Foggy putting him on that case. Even with hindsight being 20/20, giving someone who's trying to give up being a superhero a case involving another super-powered person is not the smartest thing to do when you're trying to help him quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    It's actually a retelling of Batman Begins.
    No it's not. The league of shadows wasn't excavating to try and reach something that would give them immortality and cause the city to collapse as a byproduct.

The league of shadows were trying to collapse the city on purpose to take out the worst of the worst so it could be rebuilt a better place

Matt "peace out suckas"

I would enjoy it if they went full on Heroes for Hire and combined Luke Cage and Iron Fist season 2s. It would help with the pacing issues the full seasons have had.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I would enjoy it if they went full on Heroes for Hire and combined Luke Cage and Iron Fist season 2s. It would help with the pacing issues the full seasons have had.
    4 luke cage, 4 iron fist 5 heroes for hire. Jmho

Matt "peace out suckas"