View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3 Floyds Alpha King #4 (of 5)

0 0%
  • Bitch Planet: Triple Feature #3

0 0%
  • Black Cloud #5

0 0%
  • Curse Words #7

1 7.14%
  • Descender #23

0 0%
  • Genius Cartel #1 (of 5) [series premiere]

0 0%
  • Horizon #13

0 0%
  • I Hate Fairyland #15

1 7.14%
  • Invincible #139

5 35.71%
  • Kill the Minotaur #3

0 0%
  • Mage: the Hero Denied #1 (of 15) [series premiere]

2 14.29%
  • Rat Queens #5

1 7.14%
  • Southern Bastards #17

2 14.29%
  • Spy Seal #1 [series premiere]

2 14.29%
  • Other - Regression #4, Rockstars #6 or Winnebago Graveyard #3 (of 4)

0 0%

Default Image Comics poll week 33 - Three new series this week!

Hey everyone, welcome back to the Image poll! We do these weekly, so join in if you'd like!

Last week the poll was rather convincingly won by forum-favourite Kill or be Killed, making it the 5th time the series has won this year.

We've got a pretty big week in the meantime: 3 Floyds Alpha King and Winnebago Graveyard reach their penultimate issues, Bitch Planet Triple Feature has lined up yet another 3 one-off stories including one by superstar Vanesa R. del Rey, Black Cloud puts an end to its first storyline, whilst Horizon begins a new one. I Hate Fairyland reaches its (possible?) conclusion it seems, with even the vaguest prospect of a happy ending?!?
    Kill The Minotaur lets its titular monster be shown in action for the first time, Rat Queens wraps up the first arc of this relaunched series, and Rockstars begins its second arc titled 'Children of the Beast'.

New in town this week are no less than 3 series, let's do the rundown:
    1. Genius Cartel is about a revolutionary teen girl who took on the LAPD, and somehow got sent to a camp for geniuses instead. Will she switch sides to the military who run the camp, or will she stay revolutionary at heart? This one's scheduled to run for 5 issues.

2. Mage: The Hero Denied begins in earnest this week. Following last month's #0 issue which served as a reminder for what has come before, this series will serve as the capstone to Matt Wagner's Mage: The Hero trilogy. Scheduled for an impressive 15 issues, this one is about reluctant hero Kevin who repeatedly gets told he's on his destined path. Hoping for some form of spiritual guidance at minimum, Kevin does not seem impressed.

Image are pushing Mage: The Hero hard all of a sudden, with reprints of the two previous series on the way as well, alongside this new volume.
    3. Spy Seal is the newest Rich Tommaso series, and looks like a bit of a departure in style. Billed as a mix between Tin-Tin and Usagi Yojimbo, this is about an actual seal (in a turtleneck sweater), working as a spy for MI-6. Stylish and colourful, it seems to contrast rather sharply with Tommaso's latest series She-Wolf. In my view this looks like a winner on paper!

287263.jpg 287255.jpg 287277.jpg

Curse Words #7
    I Hate Fairyland #15
    Kill the Minotaur #3
    Southern Bastards #17

Descender #23
    Southern Bastards #17

Who knows when the next time we'll see an issue of Southern Bastards out. This is a historic week.

Invincible is an auto vote because it is the best comic on the stands, but I also thought this week's issue was the best of the current (and final) story arc.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Extremely happy that Mage: The Hero Denied is finally here!

Spy Seal #1 was everything I hoped for and more. So good!

Rat Queens got my vote this week. Happy to say, the book seems back to its old levels of "GODDAMMIT, WIEBE! MAKING ME FEEL ACTUAL EMOTIONS OVER THESE ASSHOLES WAS NOT WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR!"

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I'm still catching up to Invincible (I'm at vol. 6)and I admit it certainly is so much better than I expected. But I voted for Mage: It was good to see Kevin now, mature, confident, older. We’re all older. I was old when Kevin first met Mirth, actually. Loved the license plate: Edsel was one of my favorite characters. I really like the colors, especially the opening scenes in the park. Got the 0 issue, glad I did. Welcome back to Mage. Glad to be joining you. Thanks for the invite. Magic, I see, still’s green.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    I'm still catching up to Invincible (I'm at vol. 6)and I admit it certainly is so much better than I expected. But I voted for Mage: It was good to see Kevin now, mature, confident, older. We’re all older. I was old when Kevin first met Mirth, actually. Loved the license plate: Edsel was one of my favorite characters. I really like the colors, especially the opening scenes in the park. Got the 0 issue, glad I did. Welcome back to Mage. Glad to be joining you. Thanks for the invite. Magic, I see, still’s green.
    Yeah, the license plate was really sweet! And Brennan is a fantastic colorist!

Voted for Spy Seal as well, pretty great first issue! There's an inherently funny quality to it because of all the anthropomorphic characters.

Nice to see that Invincible's last storyline is being so well-received, and that Rat Queens appears finally back on its old level.