Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sam Humphries leaving Green Lanterns after #32 for New Series

https://twitter.com/samhumphries/sta...09403900739584

This has been one of my favorite runs in Rebirth so far, so I'm definitely disappointed. But interested to see what character this new series is about.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm disappointed as well but I look forward to seeing whatever this new mystery series is. I loved his Green Lanterns run so chances are good that'll I love whatever it is. I wonder who is taking over on GLS though?
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-18-2017 at 02:25 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm disappointed as well but I look forward to seeing whatever this new mystery series is. I loved his Green Lanterns run so chances are good that'll I love whatever it is. I wonder who is taking over on GLS though?
    Looks like it's Tim Seeley https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08...ns-tim-seeley/
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    Thanks for the information. Seeley's a decent enough choice but I hope he brings his A game to this book. He's only partially doing so with Nightwing and that's made his run there a bit inconsistent IMHO. On the other hand he won't be walking a tightrope between two groups of fans with this book so things might be better for him.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Awww. I was really hoping Seeley was just doing a fill-in issue, but I guess not.

Johns may have created Simon and Jessica, but hopefully Humphries will be remembered as the man who defined them and made them great.

I don't usually follow creators, but for how brilliant his work has been regarding Jessica in particular, I'll be checking out whatever his next book is.

(Also, if I could have chosen anyone to take Humphries place, I would have gone with Jeff Parker. Think he'd be a really good fit here.)

Humphries has really helped define this book and Simon and Jessica as characters, so while it's a shame to lose him here I'm definitely curious to see what his next DC project is .

I think Seeley should be interesting to watch on this book since he hasn't done a lot of cosmic books before, although I think he'll be able to work well from Humprhies' work in his own way .

Yeah, dunno how I feel about Seeley taking over (Mostly because I wish this wasn't happening lol). I do love Revival and I liked Grayson enough to be confident in his writing. I just hope he can hit that nice balance between the Slice of Life and action we have had so far.

Also really disappointed this probably means we'll probably never get a follow up to some of the plot lines in the first arc.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMason21 View Post
    Also really disappointed this probably means we'll probably never get a follow up to some of the plot lines in the first arc.
    I think we'll probably get some resolution to what happened with the Red Lanterns since that might be the crux of the flash-forward with all the Corps. fighting The Reds in Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. (at least that's what it looked like was happening).

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Tim Seely? Annnnnnnd I'll be buying this book now!

I like Jessica in Hitch's JL, so this seems like the perfect time to get on board.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

I didn't get a chance to say this earlier but I too am a tad bit disappointed as I've been loving Humphries works on GLS. Seeleys work on Nightwing has been hit or miss for me and I don't think I've ever read anything of his that was cosmic. But I ll keep an open mind. I wonder what the character is that Humphries chose to level GLS over. Maybe it's Nightwing and he and Seeley switched titles? Although Seeley never said if he was leaving Nightwing or not.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

I didn't get a chance to say this earlier but I too am a tad bit disappointed as I've been loving Humphries works on GLS. Seeleys work on Nightwing has been hit or miss for me and I don't think I've ever read anything of his that was cosmic. But I ll keep an open mind. I wonder what the character is that Humphries chose to level GLS over. Maybe it's Nightwing and he and Seeley switched titles? Although Seeley never said if he was leaving Nightwing or not.
    ...I just can't imagine Humprhries on Nightwing .

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Tim Seeley is a great writer, but he is wasting his talents on this book. I'd rather another writer like Shea Fontana take over, and Seeley write another batman book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Tim Seeley is a great writer, but he is wasting his talents on this book. I'd rather another writer like Shea Fontana take over, and Seeley write another batman book.
    I agree that Fontana proved herself immensely with the JL issue she wrote, but how exactly is Seeley "wasting his talents"? I read the first four arcs of Nightwing, and GLs has been a MUCH stronger book. Or are you just saying you don't think he's a good fit for cosmic? (And that's not always what this book is)

Also, did you mean "BatFam" or do you really want yet another book starring Bruce?

Oh no.....

Well, at least maybe now Nightwing will get better...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Oh no.....

Well, at least maybe now Nightwing will get better...
    Not sure what you mean, as he's still very much on Nightwing.