View Poll Results: Should CBR Bring Back X-Positions?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

62 91.18%
  • Nope

6 8.82%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

It'd be nice to see them back, but CBR will just lob up BP fastballs, and the interviewies will evade answering them cleanly.

I miss the days when writers and editors were actually willing to address critical questions and comments. I've still got all my old DC Star Trek books from back in the 90s, and some of the letters that were published in the mail column were downright SCATHING. AND the writers and editor actually took the time to address their complaints directly. These days it seems they only publish positive remarks, or critical feedback they can spin (IE some of the claims we saw that the criticism of Bendis's direction in ANXM and UXM showed how "passionate" the base was about what he was doing).

Wasn't there a pretty awful interaction with a particular writer because of the color of the characters he chose?

They have to fit it into the new CBR format:

"10 non-answers Marvel Editorial thinks you should hear! Number 6 will shock you!"

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Why? Marvel doesn't really care about the X-Men
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Materiel View Post
    Wasn't there a pretty awful interaction with a particular writer because of the color of the characters he chose?
    What are you talking about? The X-Po questions all got vetted beforehand.

I like them but a lot of people seemed to not enjoy the types of answers they gave. Personally I think the answers they gave to plot or character related questions were purposefully vague as not to give spoilers.

Anywho the high "yes" poll number makes me suspect even though people say they don't like he vague answers they still enjoy the ambiguity, even if not consciously.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I like them but a lot of people seemed to not enjoy the types of answers they gave. Personally I think the answers they gave to plot or character related questions were purposefully vague as not to give spoilers.

Anywho the high "yes" poll number makes me suspect even though people say they don't like he vague answers they still enjoy the ambiguity, even if not consciously.
    It gives you something to speculate over, which is better / more fun than nothing. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-19-2017 at 03:53 AM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I miss them interviews
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I miss the weekly X-POSITION columns too. Would love to be able to ask writers like Dennis Hopeless, Tom Taylor, and Cullen Bunn some questions. There's just only so much you can ask with 140 characters on Twitter. I don't know if CBR has the connections to do it anymore, but I'd love to see these return. Given the current strength of the X-books, I think the time is right to make it happen again.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Materiel View Post
    That was on the forum, not an X-POS.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It'd be worth it for the extra art previews alone.
    Yes, I really miss that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    That was on the forum, not an X-POS.
    IIRC it was Cullen Bunn responding to comments about the XMB cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    IIRC it was Cullen Bunn responding to comments about the XMB cast.
    That? Yeah, Bunn deciding to leave had nothing to do with the X-Position interviews. There was a general discussion about the lack of diversity in XMB going on, someone said Bunn's lack of diversity was consistent across his work, and Bunn stepped in with this:

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bunn View Post
    That's fine if you think that, but I'll call BULL in a huge way. Apparently, you're looking at a small sampling of the work I've been doing for the past 10 years.

As for X-Men Blue. You're right. And I have stated that making the cast more diverse is a goal of mine... one that is already being addressed... but it has to take place in a way that works for the comic.
    Shockingly, things went downhill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Why? Marvel doesn't really care about the X-Men
    Marvel doesn't own CBR

Why was Bunn blamed for editorial's decision to push the Bore 5 down our throats? Silly.