Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I liked it. Mellowing the usual stereotyping of anarchy=chaos to more of a mundane revolutionary was a good approach towards not totally dissing the ethos while still maintaining enough traits to be an antagonistic element was nice. Steph expressing a sense of loss in regards to her new purpose and crusade was a nice nuance. And a part of me keeps thinking they'll do something cool with Clayface aside from just having him revert to evil. Maybe he'll split in two or something? There used to be a real possibility that could happen, since Karlo was the Ultimate Clayface with elements of the other Clayfaces inside of him.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    And a part of me keeps thinking they'll do something cool with Clayface aside from just having him revert to evil. Maybe he'll split in two or something? There used to be a real possibility that could happen, since Karlo was the Ultimate Clayface with elements of the other Clayfaces inside of him.
    I have a suspicion that he won't actually regress, but will seem to just before being (possibly) cured. Since it sounds like the team will split over this, having it be due to a misunderstanding would make it that much more tragic.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Why are these idiots taking pictures with their masks off?
    That was unbelievably stupid and totally out of character for super-genius, prepare-for-every-eventuality Tim.

I've been getting hyped for Tim's return and that one scene totally took the wind out of my sails. Reminded me of how much I dislike Tynion's Tim.

"Saving the world is a complex thought problem. I'm doing my best." Barf.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    That was unbelievably stupid and totally out of character for super-genius, prepare-for-every-eventuality Tim.
    If he's prepared for every eventuality, then taking selfies in costume shouldn't be a big deal, no?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsgirl View Post
    Exactly. Possible to be hacked, but very unlikely given who wrote the encryption.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    If he's prepared for every eventuality, then taking selfies in costume shouldn't be a big deal, no?
    Part of being prepared is not doing things that open you up to potential problems. Tynion's Tim is super brilliant except when he's stunningly stupid. :/

Part of being prepared is not doing things that open you up to potential problems. Tynion's Tim is super brilliant except when he's stunningly stupid. :/
    Real-life brilliant people very often do very stupid things. I don't see why fictional ones should be any different.

Real-life brilliant people very often do very stupid things. I don't see why fictional ones should be any different.
    Because it's totally out of character for hyper-cautious Tim?

Because it's totally out of character for hyper-cautious Tim?
    Not really...? He's overly anxious in this scene because he's still worried about telling Batman he was acceped into college, as Steph points out:

Screenshot_20170823-203711.jpg

Honestly, that scene is too stupid to be worth arguing over.

Honestly, that scene is too stupid to be worth arguing over.
    It's not a stupid scene at all. It was well-constructed and feeds into the parallels with Lonnie later in the issue as well as seeding some stuff for the possible future presented last week.

Mighty Member

Exactly. Possible to be hacked, but very unlikely given who wrote the encryption.
    Tim isn't even the smartest person in the family much less the world. It can be easily hacked. It was dumb and why even take the chance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Tim isn't even the smartest person in the family
    SELF. HEALING. BUILDING!

It's f**king stupid that he built that, but he did. Toss in the "God of Prep" version of the character from the Red Robin solo, and he's really unchallenged in this regard.

It was a cute scene, if not very sensible for vigilante's .