Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    and chastises Americans for not loving the military enough.
    That actually happened?! I may hold strong negative opinions toward Conservative views and beliefs, but for the most part, I can at least accept them as part of a character (Although its still hard for me to see them as a hero) That though? That's absolutely disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by ultradav View Post

--The Legion of Superheroes that I knew and loved was erased from history completely. The franchise never recovered from that.
    Yeah, it never recovered!...you know, except for the full decade of good to brilliant stories and more fleshed out characterizations that followed.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It made me sad to see aspects of New 52 Superman erased and the conservative Superman return...

This is the Superman who would gladly take orders from Reagan in a Frank Miller comic.
    If there were ever any doubt Superman is a Democrat they were laid to rest in the very recent, rather boring issue about him and Lois and Jon visiting Washington DC.

Apart from Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns take, Superman has always clearly had liberal values as did his adoptive parents.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    If there were ever any doubt Superman is a Democrat they were laid to rest in the very recent, rather boring issue about him and Lois and Jon visiting Washington DC.

Apart from Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns take, Superman has always clearly had liberal values as did his adoptive parents.
    Has he? I'm not a political person so I wouldn't know. I understand Green Arrow is supposed to be but I read it and don't pick up on ****. A lot of that **** goes over my head.

The Dark Knight Returns was strange for me though. Like I don't know what Miller's politics are but it seems to clearly not like either side.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post

I don't get it. It seems to me Superman #27-28 was trying hard to be bipartisan.

Also, I don't get the equivocation that military = Republican. I've got friends and family in the military who are firmly Democrats.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    I don't get it. It seems to me Superman #27-28 was trying hard to be bipartisan.

Also, I don't get the equivocation that military = Republican. I've got friends and family in the military who are firmly Democrats.
    Seriously.... mild patriotism = Right Wing? DC Fans check yourselves.

I dropped a lot of books I had been reading since the start of the New 52 during DCYou (Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    The Dark Knight Returns was strange for me though. Like I don't know what Miller's politics are but it seems to clearly not like either side.
    I think he's libertarian more than anything else.

If I remember correctly, Frank Miller's political views are pretty fluid and typically just the opposite of whatever the prevailing political beliefs are.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    That actually happened?! I may hold strong negative opinions toward Conservative views and beliefs, but for the most part, I can at least accept them as part of a character (Although its still hard for me to see them as a hero) That though? That's absolutely disgusting.

Yeah, it never recovered!...you know, except for the full decade of good to brilliant stories and more fleshed out characterizations that followed.
    ...Which barely lasted ten years before being rebooted again.

After the horrific events of "Emerald Twilight" and the ruination of my favorite DC hero, I tried to soldier on and kept buying the "Green Lantern" title for about a year afterwards, just to keep in touch with the GL mythos and to give the new guy a chance. Alas, I had to admit that I had no feelings for the new guy and the old times were indeed gone.... *sob*... so I dropped the book.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Seriously.... mild patriotism = Right Wing? DC Fans check yourselves.
    Patriotism is fine. I'm very liberal and I love my country. But those issues were as subtle as a kick to the groin. It was just handled terribly.
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-25-2017 at 03:33 PM.

On a lot of things I've tended to lean more conservative as I've gotten older, but I hated those issues too. They were bad not for its political leaning, but just because they were ham-fisted and boring.

I don't really have a sad story. The only titles I've ever collected for a steady enough time that dropping them would be really depressing would be Action or Superman. I did have a scare with it, though. I almost had to drop them entirely for creative reasons for the first time ever with Rebirth, as the dimensional-hopping Superman status quo was one of if not the worst Superman idea of all-time. I ended up not having to completely though because Superman was salvageable as it didn't deal with that idiocy much. Then after some patience, they rid of it entirely, and now I'm on both titles as usual. It still sticks in my craw some that it wasted an entire year of storytelling; its lasting one year was one year longer than it should have lasted, but at least its over now.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-25-2017 at 12:27 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I'll probably drop Wondy when Robinson starts.
    I dropped Wonder Woman months ago around issue #21
    I plan on getting the deluxe hard cover vol.1 and the second (if they ever release it)
    I will also get the Robinson Wonder Woman collected books when they come out.
    But I am no longer going to follow Wonder Woman month to month just
    so I can see a story go no where and the next writer come in and change
    things drastically............ those kind of things belong in trades as stand alone
    stories and not part of an on going series that is anything but on-going

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    On a lot of things I've tended to lean more conservative as I've gotten older, but I hated those issues too. They were bad not for its political leaning, but just because they were ham-fisted and boring.
    Ham-fisted sure. I just don't see the political leanings one way or the other.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I've never actually been sad when dropping a book I've been following for awhile because most of the time when I drop a book its because the writing or direction doesn't appeal to me at the time. On the other hand I've been annoyed plenty of times about those kinds of changes that resulted in my dropping a title.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG