View Poll Results: Which Of These X-Men Do You Like More?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mystique

16 27.59%
  • Gambit

42 72.41%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gambit. If only to protest just how terribly Mystique's been written for... what? The last decade plus?

Ultimate Member

Wow, this one is hard for me. Both characters have moments in which I liked them, and both characters have moments in which I could not stand them.

I think I like the basic idea of Mystique better (since she's basically got one mutant power, shapeshifting, while Gambit has some combination of enhanced agility, kinetic charging of items and some sort of squiffy and uncomfortable 'super-charisma,' which worked out so well for Starfox...), and yet, some of the best stuff about Mystique (such as her potentially having been Nightcrawler's parent, along with Destiny) is nothing more than 'author fanon' that never became canon.

Gambit, OTOH, may be a hot mess of a character, but he's been better written, in some cases, and has, at least at times, been more likable.

Given how shabbily almost everyone has been written over the last decade, Gambit's really benefitted from the neglect.

Which is about the most left-handed compliment one can get, but there it is.

"I don't hate him, because the X-office hasn't been using him."
    Last edited by Sutekh; 08-20-2017 at 09:58 AM.

Gambit easily. The movies and the movies/JLaw made me hate Mystique. I wasn't a fan before.

Definitely Mystique. Never liked Gambit.

Im always down for something Cajun.